✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Jason Regler's Twitter

PrincessofChina

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

What is the point in continuing these Xylobands? The band should leave them be and try to concentrate on creating a show that won't be stuck reminiscing a previous tour. If not then it will only cry of a lack of originality and ability to move on. They should concentrate fully on producing the best studio album they can rather than get stuck up in ideas on how they will perform such an album live. That was their massive downfall with Mylo Xyloto. The songs sounded good on stage (tbf only Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown and Major Minus) in front of 60,000 people but the album itself was a massive disappointment and quite easily the worst album they have produced. Bloated, awful lyrics, weak melodies (by Chris's standards), disjointed and ultimately dishonest - that was Mylo Xyloto.

I doubt they're going to keep the Xylobands the way they were on the MX tour though. We all know they don't like doing the same thing twice, and actually Jason Regler hinted that there would be "new tricks" with the bands. I think that if the bracelets are still there, it still won't be exactly the same thing than with the MX tour. It is true that there are so embedded in that era that I understand it could seem weird to have them after. But what if they put a different twist to that kind of visual gadget (idk what, really, but what if) ?

If they were to use them again, they probably wouldn't leave them like the MX ones. They would make them fit with the new era.

What is the point in continuing these Xylobands? The band should leave them be and try to concentrate on creating a show that won't be stuck reminiscing a previous tour. If not then it will only cry of a lack of originality and ability to move on. They should concentrate fully on producing the best studio album they can rather than get stuck up in ideas on how they will perform such an album live. That was their massive downfall with Mylo Xyloto. The songs sounded good on stage (tbf only Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown and Major Minus) in front of 60,000 people but the album itself was a massive disappointment and quite easily the worst album they have produced. Bloated, awful lyrics, weak melodies (by Chris's standards), disjointed and ultimately dishonest - that was Mylo Xyloto.

If I may ask, why do you say it was dishonest? That seems a rather peculiar criticism for a pop album.

Guest LiquidSky
Both :D

They're great for entertainment and certainly look spectacular but it gives the show a rave tiesto ecstasy kind of feeling which is a bit weird. For Coldplay. If you get what I mean!

They could always take a leaf out of U2 or Muse's book though and make the stage more grand and impressive. No problem with that.

Tiesto just started using them though..........

Having attended hundreds of concerts, U2 and Muse definitely had the most impressive stages. If you like U2 and haven't joined their fan club, do it so you can get the 360 tour book that discusses, in detail, the amount of effort required to set that stage up. There are some pretty amazing behind-the-scenes pictures in there as well.

But in terms of total concert production, I think audience engagement pushed Coldplay's MX tour right up there with the big boys. Just think about concerts that you vividly remember from a visual standpoint (not just music), and I guarantee each and every person who has seen the MX tour will never forget the effect the Xylobands had on the production. Most other concerts, I tend to forget after a couple years and sometimes months, and if it weren't for my ticket stubs and photographs, those memories would mostly be lost. But I think still being able to close my eyes at night and picture literally thousands of glowing lights as a background to a Coldplay song playing in my head... that is a picture I will never be able to forget.

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with those who think the Xylobands were tacky, irritating, etc. We all have different memories, perspectives, and feelings on where the band has been and where they are going, but that is what makes us the best fans on earth.

:)

This. I don't even remember all the names of the songs on the MX album and this is probably the least album that I enjoy, but I did go to the MX tour and the xylobands were what I remember (apart from other previous tours I've gone to) and what made the concert special.

If I remember correctly, didn't Coldplay buy the company that produced the LED wristbands???

EDIT: Yes, Coldplay bought part of the company so I doubt that the wristbands will ever go away. They'll probably switch it a bit but I don't think that the LED lights will go away..

INTERNATIONAL chart toppers Coldplay were so impressed by innovative light show technology being produced by a Honiton business that the band bought part of the company.

RB Concepts, which has a registered office in Offwell, teamed up with Coldplay after developing interactive LED light wristbands, which allow audiences to become part of a show.

Entrepreneurs Clive Banks and Jason Regler approached the band to see if they would be interested in using the wristbands,

Mr Banks told the Midweek Herald that the band not only became the company’s partners in the project but also bought part of the company.

He said: “It is huge to be working with Coldplay.”

The company approached the band, who said they would like to try the wristbands out during the launch of their latest album, Mylo Xyloto, in Madrid .

The LED wristbands

were handed out to members of the crowd at last week’s live event and lit up during the band’s first song as part of a world ‘first’ interactive experience.

“It was a huge challenge to design, manufacture and deliver 17,000 wristbands at very short notice, but we are now working with the hottest act on the planet,” said Mr Banks.

The new technology aims to increase audience participation at live events.

He said: “The big thing is audience participation and this means bands can relate more to the audience.

“It means there is a lot more audience participation, as opposed to it being static.”

RB Concepts has high hopes for the technology in the future and Mr Banks says the wristbands could even be used at the Olympics.

Coldplay is believed to be keen to use the wristbands at the forthcoming European Music Awards in Belfast.

“The next move would be to have the wristbands at sporting events and night time events,” says Mr Banks.

“We are also looking towards using it at the Olympics.”

Coldplay will be unveiling something even more innovative when they begin their European tour next month.

Article

I really hate it for those of you who don't like MX, I think it's terrific. I even like (don't hate me) Princess of China. I agree with those who LOVED the xylobands, they were magic. I'll be happy to see them again. Just because something came from a previous era doesn't mean it hast to be thrown out. They're incredible. Maybe it'll be like the telephone. The phones we have now are very different from those that first came about. Coldplay's smart. I dont think they'll disappoint. Cheers.