✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Jason Regler's Twitter

PrincessofChina

Can someone please enlighten me as to what is going on?!

Two days ago he tweeted this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>looking like the Xyloband and Coldplay Journey is over !!! time move on</p>— Jason Regler (@Jayreg1969) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jayreg1969/statuses/409663791547174912">December 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oracle answer from yesterday that was deleted:

December 9, 2013 - submitted by Filip, Poland

Q. Hi Oracle!

I have a question. Do Coldplay use xylobands only in MX tour or they will use them in next shows as the part of every Coldplay show?

The Oracle replies:

There's a clue in their name - Xylobands. They were brought in for the Mylo Xyloto tour as the perfect compliment. The MX tour was very vibrant, full of colour and reflected the look of the album which as you probably know was heavily influenced by graffiti and its fluorescent / dayglo feel.

I always assumed they would be retired once the tour was over as then the band would be moving into a new phase.

And another tweet from Jason:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>My bad mistake rush Blood XYLOBANDS are Coldplay and so wont be going anywhere a mkistake emotions can run too high</p>— Jason Regler (@Jayreg1969) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jayreg1969/statuses/410156408605118465">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

After that tweet his account was disabled/deleted.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, to me the band probably became a bit too gimmick based for their own good over the last couple tours. They're an excellent live band, they don't need all the tricks if they just play hard every night (which for the most part they do).
They don't need all the tricks to be amazing, that's for sure!! :lol: I hope that people will still see that.

It's not like the band has control over his personal Twitter account. Unless they have some kind of ownership in his Xylobands company or something? I'm really not sure what the deal is here. Why wouldn't Jason just delete the tweets if the band didn't like what he posted?

He once disabled his account for other issues, last year I believe (unless time flies that fast and it was during the year :lol: ). It seems like he fled the shitstorm that he triggered...

He once disabled his account for other issues, last year I believe (unless time flies that fast and it was during the year :lol: ). It seems like he fled the shitstorm that he triggered...

I suspect this is the case. Everyone I know has had a bad day and wanted to delete their Facebook or Twitter account. Jason seems like a really sweet guy, but also very emotional. He probably got rid of his own account in a combination of frustration and laying low until things blow over.

It looks a little fishy, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed the case. Because why would the Oracle answer be deleted? It's almost like someone higher up the chain told both the Oracle and Jason to delete any record of the Xylobands being retired, because something might be in the works for the future, and Jason being the emotional type just flat out deleted his twitter because he didn't know what to do.

It looks a little fishy, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed the case. Because why would the Oracle answer be deleted? It's almost like someone higher up the chain told both the Oracle and Jason to delete any record of the Xylobands being retired, because something might be in the works for the future, and Jason being the emotional type just flat out deleted his twitter because he didn't know what to do.

Debs typically gets confirmation from whoever would know before she posts a response but I guess that could be possible. It's also possible though that she took down the response as they want to downplay the (minor) controversy this whole thing seems to have sparked.

Debs typically gets confirmation from whoever would know before she posts a response but I guess that could be possible. It's also possible though that she took down the response as they want to downplay the (minor) controversy this whole thing seems to have sparked.

And debs has been known to be wrong about things in the past, lol. Rare but it happens. And yes, minor is the word!:-)

:nod: I completely agree with that.

And debs has been known to be wrong about things in the past, lol. Rare but it happens. And yes, minor is the word!:-)

It does seem to have provoked a small, but quite vocal group of people to anger. There have been some fairly nasty posts/tweets etc. on the subject since this thing broke.

Regler's tweets or the Xylobands? Or both?

Both :D

how can bracelets be irritating though?

They're great for entertainment and certainly look spectacular but it gives the show a rave tiesto ecstasy kind of feeling which is a bit weird. For Coldplay. If you get what I mean!

They could always take a leaf out of U2 or Muse's book though and make the stage more grand and impressive. No problem with that.

Having attended hundreds of concerts, U2 and Muse definitely had the most impressive stages. If you like U2 and haven't joined their fan club, do it so you can get the 360 tour book that discusses, in detail, the amount of effort required to set that stage up. There are some pretty amazing behind-the-scenes pictures in there as well.

But in terms of total concert production, I think audience engagement pushed Coldplay's MX tour right up there with the big boys. Just think about concerts that you vividly remember from a visual standpoint (not just music), and I guarantee each and every person who has seen the MX tour will never forget the effect the Xylobands had on the production. Most other concerts, I tend to forget after a couple years and sometimes months, and if it weren't for my ticket stubs and photographs, those memories would mostly be lost. But I think still being able to close my eyes at night and picture literally thousands of glowing lights as a background to a Coldplay song playing in my head... that is a picture I will never be able to forget.

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with those who think the Xylobands were tacky, irritating, etc. We all have different memories, perspectives, and feelings on where the band has been and where they are going, but that is what makes us the best fans on earth.

:)

They're great for entertainment and certainly look spectacular but it gives the show a rave tiesto ecstasy kind of feeling which is a bit weird. For Coldplay. If you get what I mean!
I had never thought of that :lol:

I would think that Coldplay are a waaaaayyyyy too nice/"healthy" kind of rock band to ever be put in the same sentence as ecstasy :|