🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Are there any black people on this forum

Coldplay

I'm brazilian, and apparently since our country is so mixed, 99% of brazilians have some african descent. does that count? =P

Having desceneded from something and being something are two different things. Props for being creative, though. :tongue:

^What the heck ? blackness?

Anyway I'm black, I think there aren't that many black Coldplay fans because they have the assumption that rock music/alternative rock is for white people. I got made fun of in elementary school/High School for liking bands such as Linkin Park,Nickleback,The Fray,Coldplay etc

^What the heck is blackness?

Anyway I'm black, I think there aren't that many black Coldplay fans because they have the assumption that rock music/alternative rock is for white people. I got made fun of in elementary school/High School for liking bands such as Linkin Park,Nickleback,The Fray,Coldplay etc

other than that, what assholes! music is for everybody!

Of course there are black Coldplay fans! And I'm one of them. Unfortunately there aren't many of us. I've been to few Coldplay concerts and out of the 20 thousands fans, you'll only see few hundreds of us.

In general, alternative rock/rock/soft rock etc... doesn't reach the black crowd.

I grew up in different countries and I've met people all around the world so I think that made me pretty open minded about music and everything else.

I actually discovered Coldplay when I was in West Africa and the first time I saw them live was in Toronto.

I know many black people who love Coldplay. I love them so much and rave about them all the time that my friends and family have become casual Coldplay fans.

Music is universal, music doesn't know race, sexual orientation, rich or poor, gender etc...

I know some Caucasians who are hardcore HipHop fans (but it seems like people don't talk about that).

EDIT: follow me @mcktll if you want to

I find this discussion really funny. In Brazil, it's in our culture to mix (we did so since the first day the Portuguese step foot in our land).

We actually don't have this cultural notion that people from different countries or background would like different things. It's interesting. If you were born in Brazil (regardless of where you parents/grandparents/etc were born), you're Brazilian. You're not "Irish Brazilian", "African Brazilian", "Chinese Brazilian".

When I lived in North America as a teenager, I found that concept to be extremely interesting.