✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

People from NYC, I need your help!

Batman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in new york till i was 9 and i went to nyc a few times, so im a little rusty, But vendors was always something that stood out to me, people selling hot dogs and all that kind of stuff and then just the massive amounts of traffic, and people, everyone seems to be moving so fast to get to where they want to go, and everyone walks because traffic is truly a nightmare! but the atmosphere and everything is so unique and the people there are so diverse, the buildings seriously do look like they touch the sky! its crazy being there and it takes your breath away but idk if thisll help at all but try watching the movie, home alone 2 i think thats the one where hes in nyc, that shows a pretty good prespective kinda :/ sorry i dont think im good at this!

Have you tried the Lounge "chat" threads, like The Awesome Random posting thread or the Crests [...] thread ?

Maybe you could create another thread at another subsection of general discussion? Or ask the mods to move the thread for a little while and then move it back?

I wish I could help, but I'm not from NYC :(

Huh that is quite the idea!

If nothing works, I'm gonna hardcore spam those threads until I find some New Yorkers that are willing to share some knowledge! :nod: Thanks for the brilliant idea! :dance:

if you put a picture of chris every girl in that class will pee their pants and you will get an A PLUS

OLOL and my prof will turn gay

megustaplz.gif?1

gaypowersplz.gif

I lived in new york till i was 9 and i went to nyc a few times, so im a little rusty, But vendors was always something that stood out to me, people selling hot dogs and all that kind of stuff and then just the massive amounts of traffic, and people, everyone seems to be moving so fast to get to where they want to go, and everyone walks because traffic is truly a nightmare! but the atmosphere and everything is so unique and the people there are so diverse, the buildings seriously do look like they touch the sky! its crazy being there and it takes your breath away but idk if thisll help at all but try watching the movie, home alone 2 i think thats the one where hes in nyc, that shows a pretty good prespective kinda :/ sorry i dont think im good at this!

No Blake you're great at this, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the extra info! I'm happy for every detail that I get, so thank you again! :kiss:

And I'm gonna watch home alone 2 if it helps getting to know the atmosphere of NYC a little bit better :D

SO, this is what I've learned so far:

- women wearing sport shoes with their high heels in a bag

- many people are outside chatting, just sitting on the stoop (the apartment like houses around NYC all have these big stairs called stoops)

- There are a lot of restaurants, which are sometimes right next to said houses, and everyone's eating outside, even if it's not a great day out

- large sidewalks with grates that fall into the subway below, and the wind you feel from beneath when a train comes by

- cellar grates on sidewalks that lead to underground storage areas (these are fun to walk on cause you get this tin sound) + they're open sometimes and you can fall in :uhoh:

- a lot of people on mobile phones + coffee to go

- the buses can take you to parts of NYC where the culture and diversity becomes more different from the rest of the city (better take a map with you)

- lots of vendors, people selling hotdogs/food

- massive amount of traffic, general traffic madness, people ignoring traffic lights (I got that from a blog, is that right?)

- giant buildings

You guys rule! :dance:

And keep postinggg! bummy1.gif?1bummy2.gif?1bummy3.gif?1bummiesplz.gif?1

Oh and another thing, shwarma.

But in all seriousness, there's a lot of food in New York. For example, hot dog stands and gyros and Jamba Juice.

Along with this is flipping the bird and swearing when someone doesn't do something right.

Then you have the people in the subway stations who are playing music or doing crazy acts.

Horses. Don't forget the Central Park horse and buggies.

That's all I can think of now, hope it helps!

^ Holy poop, THANK YOU!!! Yes, that helps me a lot! :dance: So, you can buy lots of international food there?

And the people are giving you instantly the finger when you're doing something wrong? :stunned:

Lots? PFFFT It's the place to get a heck of a lot of international foods.

I nearly did a spit take because of the finger thing. i meant to add that people flip the bird when the light turns green. The exact second it turns green. And the honk and swear and yell....

Lots? PFFFT It's the place to get a heck of a lot of international foods.

Hmmm, but is there a traditional New York City food that you only get there and nowhere else? :surprised:

I nearly did a spit take because of the finger thing. i meant to add that people flip the bird when the light turns green. The exact second it turns green. And the honk and swear and yell....

Wait, can you be a little more precisely? I understand it like this: When you're in your car and standing in front of a red light, and it turns green and you're a second too slow, the people yell/honk/give you the finger? :o

And are people that rude in general when you're too slow at something? Like ordering a burger etc..

I need to know every tiny detail, so it would be awesome if you could tell me a little bit more :D

I've just been to NYC a couple of times, and this is what I remember/think it will help you out:

• Lots of people crossing the street at the same time, at first it felt "weird" (since I'm not a fan of big crowds) but then I got used to it.
  • You could also add people jogging in Central Park, I also saw a group of people that were roller skating and dancing and they had music and stuff; pretty cool.
  • Some people's job is walking dogs and they walk around the parks with 10 dogs or so.:husky:
  • Also, getting to see some famous people; I was once in a store and when I came out there was a lot of people on the street, turns out that there was an actor (or something) in the store next to where I was.

I hope this works for you (and I hope I'm remembering things correctly :lol:)

If I remember something else, I'll post it here :wink:

Good luck with your project! :thumbsup:

Even though i have nothing to add id just like to say that Your work ethic and how hard you are trying for this project is amazing you are going such great lengths for such small detais and its awesome! you seem to be doing a great job and you should show us the video when its finished!

I've just been to NYC a couple of times, and this is what I remember/think it will help you out:

• Lots of people crossing the street at the same time, at first it felt "weird" (since I'm not a fan of big crowds) but then I got used to it.
  • You could also add people jogging in Central Park, I also saw a group of people that were roller skating and dancing and they had music and stuff; pretty cool.
  • Some people's job is walking dogs and they walk around the parks with 10 dogs or so.:husky:
  • Also, getting to see some famous people; I was once in a store and when I came out there was a lot of people on the street, turns out that there was an actor (or something) in the store next to where I was.

I hope this works for you (and I hope I'm remembering things correctly :lol:)

If I remember something else, I'll post it here :wink:

Good luck with your project! :thumbsup:

WOOO yes, perfect, these are really great information that you're telling me, expecially that part with people walking around in parks with dogs from other people, I think I've seen this in some movies :surprised: THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :dance: My list of NYC inside info is getting bigger and bigger :wideeyed:

Even though i have nothing to add id just like to say that Your work ethic and how hard you are trying for this project is amazing you are going such great lengths for such small detais and its awesome! you seem to be doing a great job and you should show us the video when its finished!

Your kind words are always making me smile Blake, thank you :wacky: And of course, I'll show you the movie once it's done! :D

They have a memorial, but I don't think it's 100% done. Unfortunately, I've never seen it up close, as so many people visit you need to book months in advance (perhaps because it's unfinished?). Maybe when it's completed, if it isn't already, this will be resolved. Still, that's some tough subject matter.

^ I think I'll leave that one out. I don't really want these kind of topics in my film :/

SO, I did some more research about NYC and stumbled upon Urban Gardening

ny-garden-blogs-01_rect540.jpgdachgarten_new_york.jpg

and Stoop sales

img_46041.jpg?w=510Stoop%2BSale%2B1%2B%25281%2529.jpg

That is so cool! :cheesy:

Man I need to know MORE about all this fascinating stuff!

It's always the little things that I find so interesting about different cultures....

Indeed! :dance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0d4tyz2780]NYC BEE MAN - YouTube[/ame]

^

I saw that once on TV here, I was very intrigued by that O__O