✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

People from NYC, I need your help!

Batman

I told your project to my friend who went there last september, she said that she couldn't remember every details, but she will write me when she remember some, because she is a little bit tired right now :lol: so , when i first time asked to her about the weird (!) things in NYC, she told me that subways was smelling bery bad :P anway, she send me a picture of a pantomime bride, she said that there were a lot of pantomime artists or another musicians at the subway, I think it's a big difference between NYC subways and Germany U-bahns or S-bahns :P because I was in Germany last year, and I didn't even see anything like that at the bahnhof :D

dsc0312l.jpg

I watched New York, I Love You last year ,all i can remember was, there were some great spots about New york. You can watch it if you want :nice: I really love New York, I wish I could go there one day!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I love you okay? And I love you for the fact that you even asked your friend to help me ... HOW AWESOME ARE YOU ASJDHGKJASDGHAJKDGHJKASDGHJKA

excitedlaplz.gif?1

Holy shit this is GREAT. *writes everything down*

And you are so right about the German U-bahn thing, they are freaking DEAD compared to the NYC ones, there's never someone playing an instrument, or doing pantomime :dozey:

Tell your friend that I thank her VERY MUCH for helping me out, and greetings from Germany! :heart:

Aw man, it is on the list of the things I want to achieve in my life: Visit NYC! I hope I'll have enough money in the future to go there, it looks so freaking... HUGE, in every possible cultural, historical and impressional way :drunk:

So, here's my list of what I've learned by now! :dance::

- women wearing sport shoes with their high heels in a bag

- many people are outside chatting, just sitting on the stoop (the apartment like houses around NYC all have these big stairs called stoops)

- There are a lot of restaurants, which are sometimes right next to said houses, and everyone's eating outside, even if it's not a great day out

- large sidewalks with grates that fall into the subway below, and the wind you feel from beneath when a train comes by

- cellar grates on sidewalks that lead to underground storage areas (these are fun to walk on cause you get this tin sound) + they're open sometimes and you can fall in

- a lot of people on mobile phones + coffee to go

- the buses can take you to parts of NYC where the culture and diversity becomes more different from the rest of the city (better take a map with you)

- lots of vendors, people selling hotdogs/food

- massive amount of traffic, general traffic madness, people ignoring traffic lights (I got that from a blog, is that right?)

- giant buildings

- loads of international food

- people being rude/giving you the finger/honk when you’re too slow in traffic

- lots of people crossing the street at the same time (big crowd)

- people jogging in Central Park/ group of people roller skating and dancing with music and stuff

- Some people's job is walking dogs and they walk around the parks with 10 dogs or more

- famous people on the streets that attract lots of people

- Urban Gardening, people plant different kinds of plants everywhere, and turn whole roofs in green islands

- Stoop sales, people sell stuff on their stoops for little money

- Illegal beekeepers on the roofs of NYC

- bad smelling subways

- lot of pantomime artists or another musicians at the subway

A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME SO FAR!!! :kiss::hug: I wouldn't know what to do without you guys! :wacky:

Still, I bet there's more to discover about that city :sneaky:

Things about NYC I remember

All the locals always look straight ahead or down when they walk, all the tourist are always looking up at the buildings.

Lots of tulips. Since they were New Amsterdam to start off.

Crazy drivers. Most the streets don't have lines painted to show lanes, not that any driver there would follow them any way. :P

Signs at intersections saying "Don't honk" and everyone honking and signs on the streets saying "No Standing"

That no matter what hour of day or night there are a zillion people out on the streets. There might not be a ton of cars or cabs at 3am, but look out any window and I promise you will see people!

Lots of street venders. Either selling stuff (hats, scarfs, pictures, etc) , or food carts . OMG I hunt that Waffles and Dingus every time I go!

Things about NYC I remember

All the locals always look straight ahead or down when they walk, all the tourist are always looking up at the buildings.

Lots of tulips. Since they were New Amsterdam to start off.

Crazy drivers. Most the streets don't have lines painted to show lanes, not that any driver there would follow them any way. :P

Signs at intersections saying "Don't honk" and everyone honking and signs on the streets saying "No Standing"

That no matter what hour of day or night there are a zillion people out on the streets. There might not be a ton of cars or cabs at 3am, but look out any window and I promise you will see people!

Lots of street venders. Either selling stuff (hats, scarfs, pictures, etc) , or food carts . OMG I hunt that Waffles and Dingus every time I go!

If I had a giant Waffle covered with chocolate and whipped cream and sprinkles, I'd totally give you that now.

:wacky:

THANK YOU ANGIE! And LOL about the sings that everybody's ignoring! :laugh3:

Aw man, that's so great, so much stuff to put into my film!! :dance: I love you all for helping me that much! :kiss::hug:

^hahah you're welcome :hug: :hug: I really can't wait to see this video :drunk: :drunk: Are you gonna put a background music?

Since I'm studying at design/music university, I might be able to get a few students to compose a soundtrack especially for my film! :dance:

^

Hello! :cheesy:

Thank you in advance for offering your help! :dance:

What I'm looking for are things/scenes/happenings but NO STEREOTYPES that are typical for NYC (all parts of it, Manhatten, Bronx, Harlem, Brooklyn etc). Things that you get to see at second glance as a stranger. For example Stoop Sales. One doesn't know about such stuff if you're new to the city.

The list in this post here is what I've got so far from the people on here:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5338184&postcount=77

Do you get what I'm trying to explain? :sweatdrop:

Okay, I'll try this!

1. The city is ALWAYS filled with tourists who can be identified not by their speaking different languages, but by the fact that they always have a look of wonder on their faces, whereas native NYers seem oblivious to the fact that they're walking in a city with gigantic buildings around them.

2. Everyone seems to dress up; I see people walking to a convenience store a block away from their apartments and they're wearing nice dresses and heels (I go to the food store in gym shorts and a t shirt okay)

3. Making eye contact is frowned upon

fjdkla that's all I can think of right now, but I'll post more if I think of them

Okay, I'll try this!

1. The city is ALWAYS filled with tourists who can be identified not by their speaking different languages, but by the fact that they always have a look of wonder on their faces, whereas native NYers seem oblivious to the fact that they're walking in a city with gigantic buildings around them.

2. Everyone seems to dress up; I see people walking to a convenience store a block away from their apartments and they're wearing nice dresses and heels (I go to the food store in gym shorts and a t shirt okay)

3. Making eye contact is frowned upon

fjdkla that's all I can think of right now, but I'll post more if I think of them

Why can I perfectly picture point 1? :lol: That would be me then LOL

Well that's interesting that everyone's dressed up :surprised:I'm like you, wtf should I dress pretty if I'm buying food ... whatever!

And eye contact being weird... well I'm used to that, Germans are very shy (or angry :uhoh:) when it comes to eye contact :dozey:

THANK YOU! Gotta add these things to my list. And you PERFECTLY understodd what I'm looking for! :dance:

also maybe include something about china town, and madison square garden, and that zoo from madigascar lol...

If you give me information about China town, that would help me a lot! :cheesy:

Oh and I've just found this:

steam.jpg?w=450

What is that?

im bad at this dont hurt me...:sick:

:wideeyed:

If you give me information about China town, that would help me a lot! :cheesy:

Oh and I've just found this:

steam.jpg?w=450

What is that?

:wideeyed:

Chinatown is awesome. As soon as you exit from the subway, there are tons of people selling knock off watches and bags. Lots of shops selling food with ducks and stuff hanging in the windows. All the signs are in Chinese.

Then you walk just a couple of blocks over and you are in Little Italy. Lots of yummy places to eat with outdoor seating. Bakeries with off the hook pasteries and coffee shops.

Eat in Chinatown, dessert in Italy, that's my NYC game plan. :lol:

I was just in NYC this past week, my cousin invited me for dinner. . .

one big thing I noticed was that if something really weird happens, everyone glances at it, realizes it's not threatening, and continues on their way without actually caring.

also the restaurants may be less than 15 feet wide, but they still function and make good food :P

I was just in NYC this past week, my cousin invited me for dinner. . .

one big thing I noticed was that if something really weird happens, everyone glances at it, realizes it's not threatening, and continues on their way without actually caring.

:lol::laugh3: That's freaking hilarious!

also the restaurants may be less than 15 feet wide, but they still function and make good food :P

Huh, I guess they don't have much space over there :surprised: