✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help a Coldplay fan out! (all links in the first post)

Brendon830

I'm trying to vote but is always the same thing, the bla bla about my ip address that it isn't mine. :veryangry2: I hope you can win this one.

That's so weird! Hopefully the issue is just temporary and your clicks will start to be counted soon. We appreciate your help!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so weird! Hopefully the issue is just temporary and your clicks will start to be counted soon. We appreciate your help!

It's ok. Now I can vote. But it's so frustrating to have this problems when you want to help.

MXColdplayObsessed's link misses the number at the end. Therefore it links to the starting page instead of MXColdplayObsessed's.

Hey Brendon and Sara, I still click both links! (just in case) new contest is now at 213.

MXColdplayObsessed's link misses the number at the end. Therefore it links to the starting page instead of MXColdplayObsessed's.

I know : )

This was the link she posted, I don't know what the right link is.

How do you find what other people are at?

By changing the number at the very end of the URL. For example, if you changed the number 194 at the end of our link, it would show you another contestant. I checked everyone who entered before us at the start of the contest, and a few that entered after us, and made note of the numbers that seemed threatening.

Tedious, but now we have an idea of where we need to be!

Btw, we are now gaining faster on the leader but we need your help to catch up! Please click for us again! Thanks :)

http://www.q102.com/common/shareme4/index.php?linkid=194

but don't you support them that way too with clicking on their link? :thinking:

BTW 262 :) it also seems that this one doesn't need 15 minutes for clicking but can already be clicked on earlier. Do you guys know the time limit of this one?

but don't you support them that way too with clicking on their link? :thinking:

BTW 262 :) it also seems that this one doesn't need 15 minutes for clicking but can already be clicked on earlier. Do you guys know the time limit of this one?

My theory is that you can't click for more than one person in the entire contest unless you wait 15 minutes. Brendon and I agreed to check her link once in the morning and once at night so we don't risk boosting her score. When I check it, I make sure I vote for us first, and then when I check her link it gives me the "this click has not been counted" message. Something is really weird about the system that they are using for the contest. Sometimes I get the IP address message and sometimes I don't. The limit is still SUPPOSED to be every 15 minutes, though.

I'm really sorry about that, Jimmy. Please don't be upset with Brendon, though. It was my idea. The odds would have been against the both of us if we were competing with each other again. I hope you understand. :(

I haven't posted on this forum in over two and a half years, but this right here has forced me into making this post. I've been following what's happening and it seems quite obvious what's really going on here. Let me explain:

First of all, it wasn't your idea to team up with Brendon. It's quite clear that you were only looking for voting support from this wonderful community in your original post. Then, a few posts after that, Brendon chimes in and says he's quitting the contest with Jimmy. It's quite apparent that Brendon approached you on the subject, which makes sense after you said you supported him and Jimmy in their contest. Jimmy didn't know anything about this, he even said himself that he hadn't heard of it until he read it on here. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we in the hedge fund business call a double-cross. As an international philanthropist, Jimmy is no stranger to working to garner public support for his causes. I can affirm firsthand to how diligently and proficiently this man operates; there is no doubt in my mind that he was working his tail off raising votes for that contest. And for his partner to drop him without first consulting is a breach of their original contract to aggregate votes together.

Now, all of this begs the question: Why would Brendon suddenly quit one contest (which was far from over, btw), and move all of his efforts over to another one? Now I don't know Brendon well enough to look at this and say his actions are cowardly, because I don't know if he is a coward. But I do know that he's a male, and as a male I can attest that any heterosexual male would MUCH rather go to ANY concert with a female rather than a male. A guy will dip out on a male if there's the prospect of meeting an interesting, young female- it's just biology. If you think he switched over to you solely because he thought he had a better shot at winning with you compared to Jimmy, then you're either very naive or very delusional. I guarantee that Jimmy would've been able to push them into the lead by the end of the contest. To put it bluntly, with Jimmy he had a chance to win, with you he has a chance to win AND score...

There's also the problem of how Brendon broke his tacit contract with Jimmy to join forces and try their hardest to win their contest. You just wrote up this WHOLE contract, took a picture for validation, made sure that people KNEW you would uphold your end of the bargain, but have you even stopped to wonder whether or not he'll hold up his end of the bargain? This guy hasn't exactly proved himself trustworthy, and believe it or not he hasn't really even proved that he's going to work hard and really garner votes for a cause like this.

You guys know Jimmy is a good guy, and a humongous Cold Play fan. He's helped out other fans plenty of times before, he didn't deserve to get screwed over like this. I can't really blame sk8trgrl, she seems very innocent and possibly clueless to some harsh realities of the world. None of that is really her fault, though. It is Brendon's fault, though, that Jimmy lost a shot at talking to and meeting Chris Martin. If you think about all he's done for this community, and he's been to FIFTY-ONE SHOWS I cannot think of a fan who is more deserving of winning a contest like this. Shame on you, sir. Shame on you.

A guy will dip out on a male if there's the prospect of meeting an interesting, young female- it's just biology.
That's where you completely lost me.

and: It's another contest.

btw, 420 clicks!

I'm not here to defend Brendon because I don't know him. But it is true that it was impossible to win the first contest. The Bieber girl had 1900 votes while Brendon and Jimmy only had 1500. I saw the numbers myself.

I haven't posted on this forum in over two and a half years, but this right here has forced me into making this post. I've been following what's happening and it seems quite obvious what's really going on here. Let me explain:

First of all, it wasn't your idea to team up with Brendon. It's quite clear that you were only looking for voting support from this wonderful community in your original post. Then, a few posts after that, Brendon chimes in and says he's quitting the contest with Jimmy. It's quite apparent that Brendon approached you on the subject, which makes sense after you said you supported him and Jimmy in their contest. Jimmy didn't know anything about this, he even said himself that he hadn't heard of it until he read it on here. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we in the hedge fund business call a double-cross. As an international philanthropist, Jimmy is no stranger to working to garner public support for his causes. I can affirm firsthand to how diligently and proficiently this man operates; there is no doubt in my mind that he was working his tail off raising votes for that contest. And for his partner to drop him without first consulting is a breach of their original contract to aggregate votes together.

Now, all of this begs the question: Why would Brendon suddenly quit one contest (which was far from over, btw), and move all of his efforts over to another one? Now I don't know Brendon well enough to look at this and say his actions are cowardly, because I don't know if he is a coward. But I do know that he's a male, and as a male I can attest that any heterosexual male would MUCH rather go to ANY concert with a female rather than a male. A guy will dip out on a male if there's the prospect of meeting an interesting, young female- it's just biology. If you think he switched over to you solely because he thought he had a better shot at winning with you compared to Jimmy, then you're either very naive or very delusional. I guarantee that Jimmy would've been able to push them into the lead by the end of the contest. To put it bluntly, with Jimmy he had a chance to win, with you he has a chance to win AND score...

There's also the problem of how Brendon broke his tacit contract with Jimmy to join forces and try their hardest to win their contest. You just wrote up this WHOLE contract, took a picture for validation, made sure that people KNEW you would uphold your end of the bargain, but have you even stopped to wonder whether or not he'll hold up his end of the bargain? This guy hasn't exactly proved himself trustworthy, and believe it or not he hasn't really even proved that he's going to work hard and really garner votes for a cause like this.

You guys know Jimmy is a good guy, and a humongous Cold Play fan. He's helped out other fans plenty of times before, he didn't deserve to get screwed over like this. I can't really blame sk8trgrl, she seems very innocent and possibly clueless to some harsh realities of the world. None of that is really her fault, though. It is Brendon's fault, though, that Jimmy lost a shot at talking to and meeting Chris Martin. If you think about all he's done for this community, and he's been to FIFTY-ONE SHOWS I cannot think of a fan who is more deserving of winning a contest like this. Shame on you, sir. Shame on you.

Please don't act like you know the situation when you don't. How can you say that it wasn't my idea? If you read my first post FOR THE NEW CONTEST, you would have seen that I did in fact ask if anyone was interested in teaming up with me. And Brendon seemed like the logical person to ask. If the two of us had teamed up from the start, we would have won the first contest, as we both had over 1,000 clicks.

As for your question of why he would give up the first contest, I think the answer is simple. There was no way to win it. Why not put effort into a new contest that you have the possibility of winning?

I'm sort of offended at your implication that I'm naive and "clueless to the harsh realities of the world." You think Brendon is trying to "score" with me? That's pretty ridiculous. First of all, I'm happily in a relationship right now. Also, Brendon and I are simply two huge Coldplay fans who have been brought together by our dreams to meet the band. And as it turns out, teaming up with each other is the best way to make that happen.

I don't think it's fair for you to say whether or not Brendon is trustworthy. That is for me to decide, and up to this point I have no reason to doubt him.

And no, I don't know that Jimmy is a good guy. I'm not sure what Jimmy does for a living or how he has been to so many shows, and that's really none of my business, but some of us haven't had the opportunity, funds, or time to see Coldplay 51 times.

I've never seen anything like this before on Coldplaying. It is a wonderful community and stuff like this shouldn't happen. Your slanderous remarks and ignorant assumptions are uncalled for.

Thank you to those who have supported Brendon and I. We really appreciate all that you've done for us. It is my hope that this situation does not stop you from clicking for us, as first place is finally within our reach.