✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be cool if it was like that Daft Punk manga or something :surprised:

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread!

Will it be a comic comic or those motion comic things? I think it would be cool if it was the latter.

And maybe be bonus material for the live DVD! :D

Chris mentions Kung Fu Panda in at least two interviews, one is the CBS one: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7384864n (I'm quite sure there is a youtube video for that, but it's a bit difficult to find it because you can't tag it 'CBS' for the video will be removed :lol:)

Under 'spoiler', there is a bit of a spoiler, so be advised :)

In that video, it's pointed out that Po (the panda), in Kung Fu Panda II, is atacked by cannonballs, but learns to catch them and throw them back at the enemy. The interviewer then asks if Chris would be Po then and Chris says that, in a sense, he is a big panda, and finishes this part of the interview by saying that Kung Fu Panda II is basically about finding your inner strength.

Another occasion is an interview with Steve Lamacq (you can find a download link here), where Chris talks about how Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda director) approached him and where the idea that Coldplay did the soundtrack to an animated movie first came up.

But they must have been done writing all the songs for the album when the second Kung Fu panda came out. And the cannonball thing is from the second movie, right? I would think that they would at least be done writing DLIBYH by then. I don't know Im probably wrong, but I'm just reasoning. :P

^ Well, Up in Flames for instance was brought at the very last minute and recorded very fast. Kung Fu Panda 2 came out in June last year, so to me it's still plausible that DLIBYH may have been inspired (or just a few lyrics of it) by it.

^ Well, Up in Flames for instance was brought at the very last minute and recorded very fast. Kung Fu Panda 2 came out in June last year, so to me it's still plausible that DLIBYH may have been inspired (or just a few lyrics of it) by it.

Ohhhhhhh true dat

In curious music-related news, Chris Martin and the Coldplay crew will be on hand to chat about the alleged secret narrative behind their album Mylo Xyloto that has turned into a comic miniseries. Interesting!

link

Now it really gets interesting!