✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

Also I don't know if anyone remembers, but back in December (I think?) Roadie 42 said in one of his blogs that they were recording a new song. That makes perfect sense if they are planning on releasing new songs alongside this comic series :D

Also, I feel like this could be this era's equivalent to the Prospekt's March EP. :nod:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thank the Lord that there is a comic store down the road from my house! They also sold that limited edition (are those the right words?) of UFO on record.

But getting back to the comic, who else thinks it'll be some type of weekly comic release or something of the sort? :thinking:

Oh thank the Lord that there is a comic store down the road from my house! They also sold that limited edition (are those the right words?) of UFO on record.

But getting back to the comic, who else thinks it'll be some type of weekly comic release or something of the sort? :thinking:

This guy thinks it is something of or similar to the sort. :nod:

^ I was actually starting to remember that! Don't know how they are going to pull it off, considering they're about to flog HLH as the fifth single aswell. :\

Maybe they will somehow tie in some sort of promotion for the comic series with the HLH single release. For example the video for HLH could be linked to the comic. I imagine a bright and colourful cartoon-style video would fit the song quite well. Or if they are going to release new songs alongside the comic then they could release one or two as B-sides to HLH to advertise it a bit more.

Also I don't know if anyone remembers, but back in December (I think?) Roadie 42 said in one of his blogs that they were recording a new song. That makes perfect sense if they are planning on releasing new songs alongside this comic series :D

Also, I feel like this could be this era's equivalent to the Prospekt's March EP. :nod:

Either Roadie 42 or The Oracle mentioned that the song could added to setlists in the summertime, if I remember correctly.

I'm also on board with this idea (not only because I want more songs) but because The band have mentioned in a few interviews about they're movie idea before, wit hte album sort of being a soundtrack. And then what happened? They changed the idea of the album around! What's left, you ask? SONGS THAT WOULD FIT THE ORIGINAL STORY/MOVIE.

Now I'm going to be very disappointed in a week when they announce no new music....

Either Roadie 42 or The Oracle mentioned that the song could added to setlists in the summertime, if I remember correctly.

I'm also on board with this idea (not only because I want more songs) but because The band have mentioned in a few interviews about they're movie idea before, wit hte album sort of being a soundtrack. And then what happened? They changed the idea of the album around! What's left, you ask? SONGS THAT WOULD FIT THE ORIGINAL STORY/MOVIE.

Now I'm going to be very disappointed in a week when they announce no new music....

I'm pretty positive both The Oracle and R#42 were talking about a track from VLV being put on the setlist, and not a brand new song.

I totally wouldn't mind a new one, however. ;)

:nod: to all of this.

I'm pretty positive both The Oracle and R#42 were talking about a track from VLV being put on the setlist, and not a brand new song.

I totally wouldn't mind a new one, however. ;)

Actually here's a quote from Roadie #162:

"I should probably tell you that we had a rather interesting soundcheck in Berlin today, with a bunch of files finding their way over the internet to me from the studio for the fellas to work on before doors. It’s not a song that’s likely to be in the set for a good while. I’d say that once they’ve finished writing and recording it though, it’s got a good chance…"

So they are working on new material.. funny how stuff like this gets forgotten after a few months..

Guest howyousawtheworld

Well remembered.

Actually here's a quote from Roadie #162:

"I should probably tell you that we had a rather interesting soundcheck in Berlin today, with a bunch of files finding their way over the internet to me from the studio for the fellas to work on before doors. It’s not a song that’s likely to be in the set for a good while. I’d say that once they’ve finished writing and recording it though, it’s got a good chance…"

So they are working on new material.. funny how stuff like this gets forgotten after a few months..

Oh! Awesome.

Sorry, I was thinking about a similar post by Roadie #42 from a couple months back.

Yeah that was the quote I was talking about.

But I do remember the one you are talking about, and I think we decided the song R42 mentioned was Yes.

It's definitely Yes.

As for the new song, I wonder if it is in correlation with the Comic-Con announcement. Meaning it could premiere live after the 23rd. :awesome:

SDCC-Exclusives-pic.png

Finally, Coldplay fans are in for a special treat. Bongo has teamed up with the band and Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda) to present a six-issue miniseries that tells the epic story behind the story of the platinum-selling album Mylo Xyloto. We've got the very first issue months before the series debuts, complete with a variant cover that won't be available in stores. Get it and you might find yourself “dreaming of paradise.” ($5) We'll have more info on this special project in the next few days!

WOW!!:stunned: It's real!! I liked the drawing.

it's written issue 1 of 6 :awesome:

I can't wait to see how it turn out to be. Even the idea of the animation movie doesn't seem so far now at all :dance:

SDCC-Exclusives-pic.png

Finally, Coldplay fans are in for a special treat. Bongo has teamed up with the band and Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda) to present a six-issue miniseries that tells the epic story behind the story of the platinum-selling album Mylo Xyloto. We've got the very first issue months before the series debuts, complete with a variant cover that won't be available in stores. Get it and you might find yourself “dreaming of paradise.” ($5) We'll have more info on this special project in the next few days!

Interesting

verynotimpressedplz.png?1

SDCC-Exclusives-pic.png

NEED!!!!! :dance: