✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

Interesting

verynotimpressedplz.png?1

Very interesting indeed.

The character on the front seems to be a cyborg. I don't quite no bow to explain that. :thinking: I wonder if the art on the cover will be what it looks like inside (often tne cover is very different than the actaul art). Are we supposed to kisten to the album while reading it? I don't know, bu this has a lot of potential.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. In a weird way.

I actually cannot believe this is happening. Why is this happening?!

I'm not hating the idea, but I'm not liking it either. Why do this? What's the purpose?

So many questions...

SDCC-Exclusives-pic.png

Finally, Coldplay fans are in for a special treat. Bongo has teamed up with the band and Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda) to present a six-issue miniseries that tells the epic story behind the story of the platinum-selling album Mylo Xyloto. We've got the very first issue months before the series debuts, complete with a variant cover that won't be available in stores. Get it and you might find yourself “dreaming of paradise.” ($5) We'll have more info on this special project in the next few days!

wat

Interesting. In a weird way.

I actually cannot believe this is happening. Why is this happening?!

I'm not hating the idea, but I'm not liking it either. Why do this? What's the purpose?

So many questions...

Same here :nod:

So, do you guys think the comic will elaborate on things like "Major Minus Media" "Xylobrytes" and "Hypnoflow"? Not to mention the infamous Car Kids...

Car Kids is totally going to be one of the issues.

Maybe we already have some idea of what this could be? Here is an excerpt from an interview by Steve Lamacq from last October (download):

(The transcription is under ‘spoiler’ because, although it’s something Chris did say, who knows what the comic series will actually be like.)

[+/- 3min20s]

CHRIS: We were working with this guy called Mark Osborne, who directed Kung Fu Panda, the film. He wrote to us and said “Do you have any interest in doing an animated movie?” and we said “Yeah, we’d love to”. So he and I met in Los Angeles a few times while we were touring and started writing the story about these two teenagers basically, who live in a big oppressive place and break out of it by joining a group of painters and stuff like that.

And Will also talk about 'Mylo Xyloto' being thought of as a character of the movie MX was firstly conceived of to be the soundtrack of: http://youtu.be/M8ZH6ycOq9M?t=2m47s

However, I don't know how this could be related to the cover of the comic book.

Is anyone else sorta on the border of liking/not liking this? I mean the whole concept that the album was developed from this is pretty cool, but I don't yet know how I feel about a comic book and possible movie.

But, if they did start selling action figures of the band, I'd be interested ;) haha!