🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Is there a God?

Brent

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking possible Christian Atheism- the belief in Jesus and his morals but not necessarily a spiritual belief in God, but a belief in a person with good intentions. Though I doubt it because if they were intelligent enough to consider such a complex lifestyle they would have expressed themselves a bit better than causing obvious confusion.

You can't actually be a Christian. You can say you're one, but that makes no difference.

Look, you can't just believe Jesus was a good man, you have to either think He was absolutely insane, or that He is the Son or God. If you look at everything He says, it's obvious that He wasn't just "a good man"

...Wait. Are you saying that, in order to be Christian, you have to believe EVERYTHING the Bible says? That's just crazy. Maybe I'm reading this wrong and, in turn, making myself look stupid, but that's what I'm reading. I don't understand that. Please feel free to elaborate and explain to me.

You can't actually be a Christian. You can say you're one, but that makes no difference.

Look, you can't just believe Jesus was a good man, you have to either think He was absolutely insane, or that He is the Son or God. If you look at everything He says, it's obvious that He wasn't just "a good man"

I believe Christian means you follow Christ's teachings, though there is disagreement among denominations about what makes someone a Christian. I don't think that all of canon has to impact or have anything to do with what you draw from his life.

I believe Christian means you follow Christ's teachings, though there is disagreement among denominations about what makes someone a Christian. I don't think that all of canon has to impact or have anything to do with what you draw from his life.

But in order to follow his teachings, you can't think he mentally insane. And if you don't think he's mentally insane, than you have to believe everything he says is true, and in order to believe that everything he says is true, you have to believe in God.

Well, a Christian believes the bible is theWord of God, but if you say "I believe everything but this or that" then how can you truly believe any if it?

Because I don't believe I have to follow the laws of the Old Covenant and I think women should be able to preach in church and, you know, stuff. The Bible to me is a history of the development of my faith as well as an aid in my life trying to serve God and love everyone.

Much has changed and much conflicts in all these documents, which were inspired by God, but written by man. Many of these stories were recorded in times where storytelling was more important than complete accuracy, so I choose to simply follow the gospel and do things that I believe will take me farther in my faith.

I do not believe it is necessary to believe that everything in the Bible happened and I do not believe that all of the old laws should be followed. It isn't picking and choosing; it's just the development of the nature of the church and Christianity.

But in order to follow his teachings, you can't think he mentally insane. And if you don't think he's mentally insane, than you have to believe everything he says is true, and in order to believe that everything he says is true, you have to believe in God.

It is not insane to preach love and generosity and humility. An atheist or person following another religion can believe in those things and believe that Jesus was a great role model for teaching others to be kind and loving while not believing he was the son of God.

I'm not understanding the jump from "if you don't think he's insane, you have to believe everything he says". I don't believe everything anyone says, but I don't know any insane people.

Because I don't believe I have to follow the laws of the Old Covenant and I think women should be able to preach in church and, you know, stuff. The Bible to me is a history of the development of my faith as well as an aid in my life trying to serve God and love everyone.

Much has changed and much conflicts in all these documents, which were inspired by God, but written by man. Many of these stories were recorded in times where storytelling was more important than complete accuracy, so I choose to simply follow the gospel and do things that I believe will take me farther in my faith.

I do not believe it is necessary to believe that everything in the Bible happened and I do not believe that all of the old laws should be followed. It isn't picking and choosing; it's just the development of the nature of the church and Christianity.

Well, I believe God did set us free from many of the old laws, but that if someone truly is a Christian, they will live their life fully for God, and that, although they are far from perfect, they will know what is right and wrong, through praying and asking God to help them. But I do believe the bible is the Word of God.

It is not insane to preach love and generosity and humility. An atheist or person following another religion can believe in those things and believe that Jesus was a great role model for teaching others to be kind and loving while not believing he was the son of God.

I'm not understanding the jump from "if you don't think he's insane, you have to believe everything he says". I don't believe everything anyone says, but I don't know any insane people.

"I am the way, the Truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me" that statement is either made by the Son of God, or a crazy person.