🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Mark is Reilly's Father.

Matter-Eater Lad

Kanga-humans??

Kangaroos 'are closely related to humans'

Last updated at 12:25 PM on 18th November 2008

Humans and kangaroos are close cousins on the evolutionary tree sharing a common ancestor 150 million years ago, according to Australian researchers.

Scientists have mapped the genetic code of the Australian marsupials for the first time and found large chunks of DNA are the same.

article-1086928-004348BD00000258-791_468x540.jpg Meet your cousin kangaroo: Humans like Rolf Harris and the Australian marsupial are not so different, sharing a common ancestor

'There are a few differences, we have a few more of this, a few less of that, but they are the same genes and a lot of them are in the same order,' said Jenny Graves, director of the Centre of Excellence for Kangaroo Genomics.

'We thought they'd be completely scrambled, but they're not. There is great chunks of the human genome which is sitting right there in the kangaroo genome,' she added.

More...

Humans and kangaroos last shared an ancestor 150million years ago, the researchers found, while mice and humans diverged from one another 70 million years ago.

They believe kangaroos first evolved in China, but migrated across the Americas to Australia and Antarctica.

'Kangaroos are hugely informative about what we were like 150 million years ago,' Graves said.

Sorry, I just thought this thread needed some Daily Mail.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tash out of curiosity how many hours a day do you spend on Coldplaying

I'm really not trying to take a dig at you, just curious cos I'm addicted to the Internet and I only manage to make a few posts a day on here.

I too have noticed not just Tash's post amount but more the omnipresence on here.

I've been posting loads of updates in the concert threads so that's why my postcount increased so much.

And it doesn't mean I'm always actively online if you see my name in the CAU list, I just don't log out in between posting things here.

Mark: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Reilly: He told me enough! He told me YOU killed him.

Mark: No, I am your father.

Reilly: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! :laugh3: LMAO!!!!

Nick! what the heck is this? LOOOOLL!!!!

hey what happened to mark anyway...haven't seen him online in ages :inquisitive:

He got his 5th warning. He was not only annoying the hell out of everyone publicly but he also abused both PM and report function and if you wonder how someone can abuse the PM function, well Mark could.

yikes! that sounds pretty bad....i kinda missed it when he used to post news around the place...

MARK, IF YOU'RE READING THIS YOU CAN SEE HOW MUCH YOU'RE MISSED!!!

MARK, IF YOU'RE READING THIS YOU CAN SEE HOW MUCH YOU'RE MISSED!!!

Is this a joke? You kinda liked his copy pasted new articles, Imke was just saying how he annoyed a LOT of people, I don't think anyone actually misses his character, the only people that I know liked/tolerated/encountered him in real life eventually ended up hating him more then the average person. So yeah nobody or very few people miss him, most who do say they miss him usually mean the shit he would stir which cause reasons to keep reading the Lounge, and some liked the Daily Mail spamming as admittedly the News and Sport section is a lot more dead without him. Shit stirring and pasting news items are not positive things though.