✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Albums of the Year 2012 - Countdown

Alien Radio

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(How could Mumford and Sons beat Muse though, seriously :angry:)

Agreed.

How could Muse have beaten everyone below them :rolleyes:

Well, I wouldn't say everyone (e.g. "Gossamer" did NOT deserve a spot in the Top 25. I mean, come on.), but I get your point. Does it deserve a Top 5 spot? Definitely not. I didn't even have it in my Top 10, and I'm a Muse advocate if there ever was one.

Well, I wouldn't say everyone (e.g. "Gossamer" did NOT deserve a spot in the Top 25. I mean, come on.), but I get your point. Does it deserve a Top 5 spot? Definitely not. I didn't even have it in my Top 10, and I'm a Muse advocate if there ever was one.

I loved Muse up until the release of The 2nd Law, then felt utterly let down big time. Half the disdain I show towards them now is simply for letting me down.

I'm not a fan of Muse but if they're happy with the music they're making then that's cool right? You should get the idea that the band owe you something out of your head

I just think it's sad that a band as talented as them are settling on making common-denominator stadium rock, rather than pushing themselves. They owe me nothing though, you're right.

Actually I'd say not liking Panic Station was your specific taste because the majority of Muse fans seem to like that song (myself included) :P

Everything is taste-dictated, but I wouldn't say The 2nd Law's been a massive hit with fans.

All I was trying to say was that I expect so much more from them, and that's why The 2nd Law's been such a disappointment. Once again though, seems like people think I'm walking round with the words "My opinion is gospel" on my head.

I don't have an opinion of 2nd Law because I got bored and stopped listening half-way through :disappointed:

Actually, it's the same with Mylo Xyloto, I'm not even sure if I listened to it in its entirety, I think I did

I just don't see the point of putting myself through 30 more minutes of unpleasantness if I hear that the first 30 minutes are already unpleasant. Faulty logic yeah, cos it could've gotten a lot better had I listened a few minutes more, and I do if someone advises me to, but if it only improves slightly really what's the point. Great, you found a slightly less mediocre song in a sea of mediocre?

I forgot what my point was. Oh yeah, how do people have the patience to finish through a 'dreadful' album if the vast majority turns out to be disappointing??

Then you will be overjoyed to hear that I absolutely abhor that song (along with most of the stuff on that album) :awesome:

:cheesy:

I dunno, I feel like I'm more 50/50 on the album at this point. I have certain songs I love, a few that are OK, and a few that I can't really even be bothered unless I happen to be in an oddly specific mood for it.

I think it's horrible. Still not the worst song on that album, but dreadful all the same.

Honestly, I hate that song more than anything Muse have ever done. I only ever listen to it when I feel like mocking Matt's dreadful over-the-top vocals which, as I have stated before, make him sound like a complete asshole.

I forgot what my point was. Oh yeah, how do people have the patience to finish through a 'dreadful' album if the vast majority turns out to be disappointing??

Thinking about this from a fan standpoint, I believe it's the hope that you'll find at least find one song that you just love. If you find that, then you've gotten at least something out of the experience.

I feel like I should do it as a fan, if I have the time.

I once listened to Parachutes start to finish, all the way up to Mylo Xyloto, start to finish, in one sitting. I hate X&Y, and it's disappointing but it only made Viva more enjoyable.

(Added you on Last.fm!)

I dunno, I feel like I'm more 50/50 on the album at this point. I have certain songs I love, a few that are OK, and a few that I can't really even be bothered unless I happen to be in an oddly specific mood for it.

What gets me more than anything about the album is the lack of effort. No ambition to really push themselves, it's just lazy songwriting and for me, Panic Station epitomises that. An album mostly made of first drafts that they didn't bother editing or polishing for the sake of "rawness", maybe, or maybe because they think they're the greatest band in the world and they can shit out masterpieces.

I don't quite agree with that. They spend quite a bit of time writing this stuff. I imagine that's particularly true with Chris' two songs, seeing as these are his first ones. I think that with all their albums (even with T2L), they at least try to do something new that they haven't done, pulling influences from different sources and using tools they haven't used. However, I think Muse left something to be desired in terms of execution. Some of what they probably thought was a good idea in theory didn't come off right to us in context.

I don't quite agree with that. They spend quite a bit of time writing this stuff. I imagine that's particularly true with Chris' two songs, seeing as these are his first ones. I think that with all their albums (even with T2L), they at least try to do something new that they haven't done, pulling influences from different sources and using tools they haven't used. However, I think Muse left something to be desired in terms of execution. Some of what they probably thought was a good idea in theory didn't come off right to us in context.

We'll agree to disagree, but ultimately, they need to enlist a good producer on the next album.

I listen through whole albums I don´t like. I don´t know why, but often I don´t like an album at first listen. Sometimes they have to ´warm up´ before I get into them. Often though they don´t do anything to me, hahaha!

btw, a long time Babel was the number one album of 2012 but last lists made a change into that.