• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What If?!

Not related to loneliness :)

AAAND why are your and my posts have the same post number 4004??? LOL

You're very close, @flockofbirds222, but the verse is not related to loneliness.

Or The World Turned Upside Down or Things I Don't Understand? So many coldplay songs are talking about something like this actually!

Yes!

Sorry, flockofbirds :(

But you get to go next I think! :D (Right, IRanAway? since you're still solving a puzzle :) )

Heeeeey, I have solved two puzzles now today (the one from AMDB9 and yours)... :-) I am still working on Nie's, but..How long do you want to punish me ?

Heeeeey, I have solved two puzzles now today (the one from AMDB9 and yours)... :-) I am still working on Nie's, but..How long do you want to punish me ?

Hey, but I don't think you were supposed to solve them :(

Well, someone needs to solve Nie's riddle... (Do you need some help? :uhoh2:)

I have the same problem as flockofbirds that my nighttime is about to begin...

But I think I may have solved Nie's riddle:

Word 8 in Line 9 on Song No.10

revenge - Death And All His Friends

FINALLY !!! :vuvuzela:

[ATTACH=full]4947[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

OK, because it took so long to solve it here are our reasonings:

You have managed to solve our 3 riddles and so have passed the assignment.

We have chosen those 3 riddles for a reason:

Riddle 1 - Parachutes

A song that is on the same album as Don't Panic, the solution song for your riddle.

But this song also contains a lot of matching reasonings:

1. "In a haze, in a stormy haze" --> is to be confused, disoriented.

And your riddle was making us confused

2. "I'll be round" --> the picture is showing some kind of round shape.

But we were also feeling like running in rounds (chasing our tails)

3. Parachutes was never a single, neither are Everglow (and Birds).

But Parachutes is leaning to a pair of 2 singles.

Riddle 2 - Yes

The rumour goes that this is the song that you like the least. :)

And these four lines in "Yes" describe in such a perfect way what we were thinking when we were trying to solve your famous IRanAway riddle:

1. When it started we had high hopes

2. Yeah we were dying of frustration

3. If you'd only, if you'd only say yes

4. Whether you will is anybody's guess

You had to look at the lyrics to a song that you don't like. This is @guy42's little revenge.

Riddle 3 - Revenge - Death and all his friends

The coordinates in Baudot code are a reference to X&Y on which your riddle was based.

Not giving all the information (album) was to make the search a little bit harder and using the Coldplay site as a reference was just a golden tip because the Coldplay site is the site of thruth. ;-)

The word was REVENGE but the line was "I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge" and with solving our 3 riddles you are been forgiven for your little ran-away-guess-Coldplay-song-riddle.

So, hereby I declare the Guess Coldplay Song thread back to normal.

(and finally I have a chance to put in some of my :devilish: riddles again).

• Like 1

OK, because it took so long to solve it here are our reasonings:

You have managed to solve our 3 riddles and so have passed the assignment.

We have chosen those 3 riddles for a reason:

Riddle 1 - Parachutes

A song that is on the same album as Don't Panic, the solution song for your riddle.

But this song also contains a lot of matching reasonings:

1. "In a haze, in a stormy haze" --> is to be confused, disoriented.

And your riddle was making us confused

2. "I'll be round" --> the picture is showing some kind of round shape.

But we were also feeling like running in rounds (chasing our tails)

3. Parachutes was never a single, neither are Everglow (and Birds).

But Parachutes is leaning to a pair of 2 singles.

Riddle 2 - Yes

The rumour goes that this is the song that you like the least. :)

And these four lines in "Yes" describe in such a perfect way what we were thinking when we were trying to solve your famous IRanAway riddle:

1. When it started we had high hopes

2. Yeah we were dying of frustration

3. If you'd only, if you'd only say yes

4. Whether you will is anybody's guess

You had to look at the lyrics to a song that you don't like. This is @guy42's little revenge.

Riddle 3 - Revenge - Death and all his friends

The coordinates in Baudot code are a reference to X&Y on which your riddle was based.

Not giving all the information (album) was to make the search a little bit harder and using the Coldplay site as a reference was just a golden tip because the Coldplay site is the site of thruth. ;-)

The word was REVENGE but the line was "I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge" and with solving our 3 riddles you are been forgiven for your little ran-away-guess-Coldplay-song-riddle.

So, hereby I declare the Guess Coldplay Song thread back to normal.

(and finally I have a chance to put in some of my :devilish: riddles again).

Wow, I was not aware of the deep and hidden reasonings you had in your choices, @Nie, @iamsue and @guy42 ! I am impressed. Sorry that it took me so long to get this done....

Sooooo, I solved three riddles today (two of which I was not supposed to, as was pointed out, but well....) - how about I get to make the next one ? :devil:

• Like 2

and finally I have a chance to put in some of my :devilish: riddles again

how about I get to make the next one ? :devil:

You guys, seriously, this is supposed to be a fun thread, not a plot to torture everyone for a week. I mean, I can come up with a riddle that will keep everyone scratching their heads for a month, but that's not the point.

We should have a rule that if no one guesses a riddle in 3 days, it has to be revealed. This way, it will be more fun, more people will likely participate, it will ensure that the riddles are not overwhelming, it will keep things moving, and it will motivate the riddler to give hints that keep a balance between easy and difficult.

• Like 5

You guys, seriously, this is supposed to be a fun thread, not a plot to torture everyone for a week. I mean, I can come up with a riddle that will keep everyone scratching their heads for a month, but that's not the point.

We should have a rule that if no one guesses a riddle in 3 days, it has to be revealed. This way, it will be more fun, more people will likely participate, it will ensure that the riddles are not overwhelming, it will keep things moving, and it will motivate the riddler to give hints that keep a balance between easy and difficult.

I agree.

Lol, OK.

But how do you measure the time that someone else needs to solve it?

OK, nobody opposed so here is my new riddle :D

Cut Glastonbury into two and find the double

A quick (and probably to easy) answer:

O

Well, I was thinking in a haze and totally different direction: They have played Glastonbury 4 times...half of 4 is 2...double 2 and you are back to 4. Is there a song in the Song Requests for this tour that they have played 4 times?

Well, I was thinking in a haze and totally different direction: They have played Glastonbury 4 times...half of 4 is 2...double 2 and you are back to 4. Is there a song in the Song Requests for this tour that they have played 4 times?

Maybe In My Place?

Or if you take both numbers it could be 42...

Is there a song in the Song Requests for this tour that they have played 4 times?

As of now (1:15 UTC), Us Against the World, Lovers in Japan, Trouble, Army of One (not a request) and Til Kingdom Come have been played four times

• Like 1