Guess coldplay song

Coldplayer_42_arobtth

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In fact, the font doesn't seem to be Albertus.

Yellow is the first one (checked my vinyls) [emoji4]

Correct ! Yellow was the first release on which Coldplay used Albertus as font.

(I just love this font, it looks so great ! I think the current one is terrible, it makes the C look especially weird....anyway, that's just my opinion.)

Your turn !

• Like 1

And he has a Star on his knuckle...A Sky Full of Stars? Not just because of the tat but because of the line about "I don't care if you tear me apart" seems like a bad dream that is the best he ever had because "you're a sky full of stars". And I am a foggy head full of exhaustion and pain right now! Bear with my crazy guesses.

• Like 1

By the way @guy42, I only just saw your post. Hm, I don't know ! What do the others think ? I hope I didnt make the riddle based on a wrong assumption.

They used the Albertus font in it (minus the W) and not in Shiver, so that makes Yellow the first one.

Correct ! Yellow was the first release on which Coldplay used Albertus as font.

Technically speaking, wasn't the album "Parachutes" the first release with the font?

So, my second answer is "Parachutes", the song. :D

• Like 1

The Escapist ?

And he has a Star on his knuckle...A Sky Full of Stars? Not just because of the tat but because of the line about "I don't care if you tear me apart" seems like a bad dream that is the best he ever had because "you're a sky full of stars". And I am a foggy head full of exhaustion and pain right now! Bear with my crazy guesses.

No to both of you.

But you are on the right track, just let's go back to the start.

Technically speaking, wasn't the album "Parachutes" the first release with the font?

So, my second answer is "Parachutes", the song. :D

No, I checked that before the riddle and Yellow was released before Parachutes ! :)

It seems to obvious now, but The Scientist ? Because of the "daily races" etc. - running in circles, chasing our tails

Could also be White Shadows (tired of the human races)

It seems to obvious now, but The Scientist ? Because of the "daily races" etc. - running in circles, chasing our tails

Could also be White Shadows (tired of the human races)

Ok, one of these is the right song, but not for that reason.

So I would like you to search a little more. [emoji14]

White Shadows has lots of possible connections - every child should sit and listen, sir and listen / when I was a young boy I tried to listen

all around me are familiar faces / swimming on a sea of faces

You have deserved a half win.

But there is a specific thing about the song the lines are from.

So here's the problem - I can't listen to the original by Tears for fears now because I'm on slow mobile internet again and I can'r just go to Youtube.

But a little digging told me that according to the big RS portrait in 2005, Chris said WS was inspired by Mad World ! Like I said i can't listen to it right now, but I can only guess the rhythm or something might be similar. Sorry :)

• Like 1

I'll grant you the victory. [emoji1]

It was indeed in an interview that was stated that the Tears For Fears original was one of the inspirations for WS.

And I think a few lines of Mad World can be found in a few other CP songs.

[ATTACH=full]6181[/ATTACH]

And it was also inspired by Bruce Paltrow.

• Like 1

I love this thread, I love you all :D

The following riddle has many steps and I hope you will enjoy the journey and teamwork. And trust me, it all makes sense and is carefully researched ! Happy mystery-solving :)

If you would swear never to say this person's name in the place where Coldplay kicks off their second European tour leg next year, you would already have contradicted yourself.

Go to the point where this person first asked instead of answered.

Go to the year that carries the same name as that point.

That year, one day before the day associated with love, somebody was born.

Look at his name and do it before you see things the right way up

You will find your way to a phrase that has inspired a line in the Coldplay song we're looking for