Can - Tago Mago

Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St.

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

Give me any of the albums listed above over the greatly overrated White Album and The Wall.

I'm sorry, but the White Album isn't as good as everyone says. Mostly filler with a few good songs. Not a patch on Revolver or Sgt Pepper, for me.

Gonna have to agree, there are some great songs in there like While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Blackbird but things like I'm So Tired and Savoy Truffle aren't even album worth tracks.

I like the loose feel of the white album. It's very different from The Beatles other work and just other albums in general. The fact that they were are kind of working seperatly on it helps that feel I think. There's a lot going on and it's sort of chaotic (having "Why Don't We Do it In The Road" followed by "I Will"?), but personally I love that. The filler songs are in many ways some my favorites because they're so loose and direct.

HOWEVER,that being said my personal vote would probably go to The Who's masterpeice Qudrophenia. One of my top albums of all time, can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet!

Gonna have to agree, there are some great songs in there like While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Blackbird but things like I'm So Tired and Savoy Truffle aren't even album worth tracks.

I like the loose feel of the white album. It's very different from The Beatles other work and just other albums in general. The fact that they were are kind of working seperatly on it helps that feel I think. There's a lot going on and it's sort of chaotic (having "Why Don't We Do it In The Road" followed by "I Will"?), but personally I love that. The filler songs are in many ways some my favorites because they're so loose and direct.

HOWEVER,that being said my personal vote would probably go to The Who's masterpeice Qudrophenia. One of my top albums of all time, can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet!

No one's mentioned Revolution 9... probably for the better.

Masterpieces are albums that don't have one duff track across the album, but Rev9 is undefendably shite. We're talking of album-worth tracks, that track is a waste of recording space.

No one's mentioned Revolution 9... probably for the better.

Masterpieces are albums that don't have one duff track across the album, but Rev9 is undefendably shite. We're talking of album-worth tracks, that track is a waste of recording space.

This one time I was in a relatively quiet restaurant that had the the White album in the jukebox and I put that song on. 9 minutes of hilarity.

This one time I was in a relatively quiet restaurant that had the the White album in the jukebox and I put that song on. 9 minutes of hilarity.

A friend of mine once claimed "Any pub with Revolution 9 on their jukebox should have to endure the track three times in a row as punishment."

Maybe because it stinks.

There are some great songs on Quadrophenia, like 515 and Love Reign O'er Me, but as usual with the Who, Townshend would rather knock out some pretentious storyarc bullshit, rather than make a quality album like Who's Next.