✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the most depressing moment of your life thus far?

Mark

my depressing moment was some huge emotional breakdown in class one time which had been building up for ages and i can remember sitting in the toilets shaking and wanting to die and after all my so called friends laughing at me calling me a freak, psycho etc.

It was followed by one of the nicest though, this girl came up to me and hugged me and told me she understood how it felt to lose it sometimes and that was the kindest anyone has ever been to me and it meant so much to me, especially back then.

It was followed by one of the nicest though, this girl came up to me and hugged me and told me she understood how it felt to lose it sometimes and that was the kindest anyone has ever been to me and it meant so much to me, especially back then.

Woah on rare occasions people can be really amazing :wacky:

And your friends can go die in a hole :dozey:

no don't, see, other members posted their serious stuff too :sad:

I can relate to your heartbreak btw...it is just the best isn't it ?

And Thalia :hug: i totally understand what you must have felt. My dog was like my best friend, when she died it was awful.

Hay guys let's just make peace and turn this into a nice thread where people can share their "depressing" stories and people can support each other :nice:

edit: ugh DAMNIT well i'm sorry about your baby carrots then. I feel stupid now :disappointed:

thank you but i was just joking but heres a heart for you :heart:

im not actually sure what the most depressing moment of my life was i mean my parents got divorced when i was 9-10 but i don't really remember it

last year i got really into a boy who also happened to be my best friend and it wasn't a good time but i got over it

and now i guess is probably the worst time of my life as school is getting really stressful and i don't really feel like i have any aspirations or whatever. i would describe it more as stressful than depressing :shrug:

Now your question: are you incapable of reading between lines or do you pick apart inarticulacy because you get some kind of perverse enjoyment from it?

What an incredibly leading question and fucked up suggestion (Which frankly says more about you than me). No I don't get a perverse enjoyment anything, I read between the lines with no problems but I didn't find you funny so I wasn't going to respond with LOL I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO.

Although I didn't initially write it, it did annoy me that you'd make such a title- not personally for me, (not that I haven't had depressing moments but luckily enough nothing stands out instantly) but I knew there would be some people who wouldn't like linking the title to your little joke there. When you told me to lighten up it's like, do you have any idea what thread you've just created?

That's when I asked if you have a perception of your actions, but I still get the impression you just feel its everyone elses fault. Shame.

I think my most depressed periods were not evoked by anything obviously tragic, but just social anxiety and loneliness. I get a sense of purpose when my relatives or friends are suffering, whereas fear of failure, embarrassment are much more potent because they stem from things you can, or you think you can/should control.

My archetypically 'tragic' moments include waking up to find a note from my parents that they left in the middle of the night to drive across for my dad's heart transplant, and not knowing if I would see him again; The death of my grandfather who died 3 days after being told by him that he would fully recover steadily over the course of the next year; Also my closest friend was at church when a man came in with a shotgun and killed a couple people.

But at the time I was more or less numb to each of these, and because they were purely unfortunate things that I had no control over, I was fine, and knew more or less exactly how to react.

But even something as trivial as botching my first ESL lesson to the point that I had to completely give up and step out, or finding myself completely estranged from my friends for misunderstanding serious situations and saying incredibly stupid and insensitive things did/does a lot more damage to my emotional security.

Since we're going that way, the most depressing moment of my life was when, in two weeks, I was in a car crash, my girlfriend slept with someone else, my nan died, my band split up and I got diagnosed with depression. There we go.

What an incredibly leading question and fucked up suggestion (Which frankly says more about you than me). No I don't get a perverse enjoyment anything, I read between the lines with no problems but I didn't find you funny so I wasn't going to respond with LOL I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO.

Although I didn't initially write it, it did annoy me that you'd make such a title- not personally for me, (not that I haven't had depressing moments but luckily enough nothing stands out instantly) but I knew there would be some people who wouldn't like linking the title to your little joke there. When you told me to lighten up it's like, do you have any idea what thread you've just created?

That's when I asked if you have a perception of your actions, but I still get the impression you just feel its everyone elses fault. Shame.

So you're arguing with me about something you personally don't take offence to, and somehow you're surprised with my suggestion that you enjoy correcting people? I'm presuming that you're taking offence at my insinuation of your sexual devience, but all I really have to say is that I don't care, as you've been rude enough to me in the past that I've felt like shit, so hard cheese.

Whilst I'm at it, I don't remember claiming to be funny or asking the members of this forum to indulge in what you so clearly believe to be my sick sense of humour; I was merely starting what I thought to be a bleak but light-hearted thread where people would post about sitting through an episode of Jeremy Kyle and feeling like it was the heart of the abyss, or as someone's already said, going to a cheap restaurant on their own.

I think it's clear that I didn't mean to cause any offence, and I think the bumbling way with which I write on the internet isn't your mess to aggressively clear up, which explains in some part the "reading between the lines" comment. So I'm going to be an adult now, something that pains me to do, and not post in this forum for a while as not to offend you or anyone else.

I've never found things like watching Jeremy Kyle or going to eat on your own depressing. You just have to take them into context. It's useful thinking time. All time is useful thinking time. If it's watching Jeremy Kyle you can look into what kind of society has led to these people. You can look at Jeremy Kyle and pull apart his faux psychology. If you are going to eat alone you can sit and think about anything (that's the beauty of having a brain). There are books you can take. There are people you can watch. They have iPods now. I just don't get bored in everyday life. I've spent days travelling to different places and never been bored because I have books, my iPod (with music and audiobooks) and my imagination.

Mind numbing jobs which take a little bit of concentration are the worst and most depressing things, I find (outside of acknowledging the terrible things that happen in the world). You can't have your mind wander too far and the job itself is soul destroying. I find that depressing. But even then I just don't invest too much emotion into it and think about the worst case scenario - if I fuck up and get sacked, and given the situation I'm in that's not the end of the world. And I'm aware it won't be that way forever.

As for all the depressing things that happen in the world, the best thing to do is do all you can not to contribute to that, and if you can contribute to some form of change. I'm not in a position to do that too much right now but I feel I will be able to in the future. That's the stuff that could get you down though.

Doing mundane things are certainly not depressing though when you have a brain.

So we're being serious now?

I don't want to say my most depressing moment publicly. Nobody knows about it and probably never will. My second most depressing moment was similar to Greg's, only I didn't have the guts to swallow the pills in my mouth and go through with it. I decided after I couldn't pull the trigger or swallow the pills I'd let the world kill me in some crazy adventure, which explains half the stupid things I've done.

So you're arguing with me about something you personally don't take offence to, and somehow you're surprised with my suggestion that you enjoy correcting people?

No, no, just, no. It isn't an issue that personally affects me in the way that when I see a title about the worst thing thats ever happened to you nothing triggers in my mind, however I know there will be plenty of people that will feel like that, and I think it's insensitive to bring that up and then talk about hash browns, that's what I take offense to. It's a really selfish mindset to think that you need to be directly affected by something to not feel empathy for other people who might be offended.

I'm presuming that you're taking offence at my insinuation of your sexual devience' date=' but all I really have to say is that I don't care, as you've been rude enough to me in the past that I've felt like shit, so hard cheese.[/quote']

Ironically in this instance I wasn't offended by that, I just thought it was really fucked up on your part to jump to such a conclusion from nothing (Like I said more about you than me). As for me being rude, I've seen another poster simply state their opinion to you before without any animosity and you accused them of being on some sort of mission to portray you negatively, so perhaps I have been slightly rude in the past (I'm not sure) but from that incident I don't feel you have the best judgement and feel overly victimised. I've only really encountered you recently and in only one thread I recall in which I may have been slightly sarcastic or asking rhetoric questions, but not overly rude and certainly not rude enough or having the intention of making you feel shit. It's just that you didn't seem to be listening or taking anything in from people and when that happens there's few ways of getting through to people, which is frustrating and that frustration shows.

I think it's clear that I didn't mean to cause any offence' date=' and I think the bumbling way with which I write on the internet isn't your mess to aggressively clear up, which explains in some part the "reading between the lines" comment. So I'm going to be an adult now, something that pains me to do, and not post in this forum for a while as not to offend you or anyone else.[/quote']

Yes that first part about not meaning to cause offence would be all fine if you had just apologised properly earlier instead of acting sarcastic and asking if we're capable of reading between the lines as if we're idiots. Fair enough if you didn't mean to cause offence, this may not have ended in you leaving the forum if you could've just said that without implying it's mainly just our fault for not getting your humour which, as I say, is frustrating.

You could've just said "Yeah I can see how you'd think this was more serious than it is"- not even apologise, that's fine, but you're more like "Yeah how did you people not get it from reading the post itself" which is missing the point completely, so apologising from there is pretty meaningless. I had little else to say on this except making you aware of how it looked, but it escalated from stubborness and being dragged all over the place as to whether I'm capable of understanding to my apparent perverse pleasures, and I don't understand what that has to do with my original point.