✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ROMANIA TO EARTH STOP

Coldplay

We slept in a five-star hotel for a bit and they did not have wi-fi

I repeat, it was a five-star hotel and they gave us a wire, so one of us can use DSL connection

in 2013

in a five-star hotel

I sound so privileged right now probably but Romanian hotel standards ????????????????????????????????????????

What a shame for those who can't afford the 5 star things over there, and their life is at a much lower rung. I'm sure wifi is the least of their concerns, though.

It is really awful yes, the poor here are even worse off then the poorest in the US. While I wouldn't be without food and water on a constant basis, my mom showed me where I would've grown up and the type of education I would've ended up with if I didn't move somewhere else by complete luck and it was a really stark realization for me.

I really don't understand what this has to do with people with less privileged lives and their 'needs of wi-fi', is this somehow your attempt to appear holier and more empathetic of others than me? Does everything I post have to be a serious social justice-type discussion to not be confronted by you?

Nope, was just pointing out that if it's like that at the top, it must be fucking awful at the bottom. Wasn't a dig at you.

Edited my post. Sorry! I felt like you were trying to address that post directly as me being spoiled and uncaring of others. I didn't realize that it wasn't that way at all and it's more of a general thing.

It's fine. I snapped in my response above so don't worry. Sorry too.

No, I genuinely wasn't. You have family there so I'm pretty sure you're far more aware of the situation than me. My knowledge (as mentioned) is one clip of orphans, about eighteen years ago, and the national football team dying their hair. And now shit wifi.

It's fine. I snapped in my response above so don't worry. Sorry too.

No, I genuinely wasn't. You have family there so I'm pretty sure you're far more aware of the situation than me. My knowledge (as mentioned) is one clip of orphans, about eighteen years ago, and the national football team dying their hair. And now shit wifi.

:huskyhug:

I am writing to you from a three-star hotel with excellent wi-fi, if it matters at all hah

I wonder if the politics will ever change here, I see political grafitti and posters a lot but the attempts are to no avail and laws can be changed so rapidly that even if someone does make a change, they can be changed back in a flash.

I mean I don't follow politics a whole lot so I just have my observations mostly. But I would like to do something about those orphans like you said, something for children, so they can have the opportunity to go to the nice schools that they have here. The best I can do is to ask my mom to do something personally next time we visit here or contribute to some sort of charity? How do you know if a charity is good and true to their cause

Uhh on another note, what did I do today

I went to Dracula's castle, not overwhelmingly exciting as it is just seeing ordinary rooms, it's not some haunted themed amusement park (although they did have some sort of haunted house outside to attract tourists) but it was pretty uplifting and spiritual to see something hundreds and hundreds of years old that royalty used to live in, especially since I now live in a country so young that doesn't really have anything like that

Oh and in Buzau there's a forest, and all the stones have been carved into busts and abstract sculptures and stuff like that, so it's literally a forest full of sculptures. There was this summer camp for arts students that would learn to sculpt there over the years, and in the end I guess they left them all to turn into a big outdoor museum. One of the coolest things I've ever seen.

EDIT: I was so sleepy when I wrote this, you have no idea how many missing fragments of sentences and typos it had hahah

• 2 months later...
Hi Gregory,

Someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account. This person was using an application such as an email, client or mobile device.

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Monday, 21 October 2013 06:41:41 o'clock UTC

IP Address: 178.138.96.100

If you do not recognise this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.

I'm on to you Dee.