✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Atlas release delayed until 6th September (8th Sept UK)

Tash

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that too. Doesn't stop me being extremely upset that a British Band makes their own country wait two more days! Sorry gonna grouch about this because it feels like a slap in the face. :(

Apparently there's a mix-up with the dates, because Coldplay.com is announcing the opposite (UK first). Anchorman needs to clear this up, because this is getting really confusing!

Apparently there's a mix-up with the dates, because Coldplay.com is announcing the opposite (UK first). Anchorman needs to clear this up, because this is getting really confusing!

I would highly bet it's UK first.. it's what makes sense the most I think, though I don't really get the point of releasing on different days with how easy it is to get a song due to technology/youtube/ etc.

I would highly bet it's UK first.. it's what makes sense the most I think, though I don't really get the point of releasing on different days with how easy it is to get a song due to technology/youtube/ etc.
It would make sense for a Coldplay release...except this song is a part of the Catching Fire soundtrack, so the soundtrack of an American movie (right ?)...I don't know, maybe that changes things. Or maybe it doesn't.

But yeah I totally agree with you on the issue regarding different release dates.

Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr say 8 Sept in the UK and 6 Sept everywhere else so I think that's a typo.

Either way it's stupid. :angry:

Too easy of a joke not to make

True :lol:

Either way it's stupid. :angry:

:nod:

As I read on twitter: let's just blame this on Gwyneth. :nod:

Poor Gwyneth :lol:

HEY GUYS!

I contacted Coldplay.com about the mixup and indeed, Tash was right (as always):

"Twitter, facebook & headline on website all say 8 UK - it's that.

Will get body of text changed."

I also sent them a message about it, oops!

Ok. This could be a potential explanation:

I think the song is ready and this has to do with the record label (as Coeurli said)

The VMAs are on this Sunday and that's probably the biggest music award show here (Grammys are more prestigious but VMAs are bigger)

With all the hottest artists performing on Sunday night, next week charts will be loaded by said artists and whoever releases a song the day after the VMAs (without performing it on the show) might have low sales and not much press.

So if they want this song to be as big as it could be, this is a smart idea.

Im still a little disappointed though.

I think the song is ready and this has to do with the record label (as Coeurli said)

The VMAs are on this Sunday and that's probably the biggest music award show here (Grammys are more prestigious but VMAs are bigger)

With all the hottest artists performing on Sunday night, next week charts will be loaded by said artists and whoever releases a song the day after the VMAs (without performing it on the show) might have low sales and not much press.

Nice thinking. :nod:

It would make sense for a Coldplay release...except this song is a part of the Catching Fire soundtrack, so the soundtrack of an American movie (right ?)...I don't know, maybe that changes things. Or maybe it doesn't.

But yeah I totally agree with you on the issue regarding different release dates.

Good point about it being a movie.. guess that means coldplay plays second fiddle.

Sucks for the wait regardless.

That's very plausible indeed!

I guess so :wacky:

Time for some dazzled smilies :dazzled:

Yes it is!!! :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled:

They fixed it : )

22 AUG UPDATE: Atlas will now be available via iTunes and all digital retailers on Sunday, 8 September, 2013 in the UK and Friday, 6 September, 2013 everywhere else (we had to move it back a bit from the original 26 August date - sorry for the hold-up). The film is due for release on 22 November, 2013.

OHMYGOD I sent him an answer to thank him, especially for answering so fast, and he answered :awesome::dazzled:

I don't usually reply so fast but obviously that little glitch was important. Thanks for letting us know.

Gah you're welcome A-man :dazzled: