✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Magic charts

ihaveabono

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love Coldplay i absolutely loved 'Midnight' but this newun 'Magic' left me feeling very bland, only racking up 6,000 views on Youtube as I write, perhaps it will grow but its not poppy or big sounding enough to be a number 1 track and dont think its interesting and alternative enough to really agree with critics, cant wait for 'midnight' to be released and hope the very short looking album will excite me....Bring on the Tour!

I have this feeling american CASUAL listeners are tired of coldplay. Paradise was huge many countries, but on billboard it only got to 14 or 15 despite being promoted everywhere...tv shows, grammys, movies..

So far the two songs we've listened have been very solid, that being said, in case if the album gets a lot of positive reviews, then I think is gonna be like the rush of blood era. The album is gonna sell well, but it's not gonna do so well on single charts.

Here in Brazil Magic is third overall iTunes single behind Lepo Lepo (There's no translation for that. It's not an actual word, as you all can imagine -EDIT: I just discovered it means [word in Spoiler, +18 only]).

sex

and Beijinho No Ombro (Kiss over the Shoulder. Makes no sense. I know). Kiss over the Shoulder is a song by Valeska Popozuda (literally translated Valeska Big-Ass).

Shame on us.

I don't feel that Magic will get into top 10. It's not as big as Viva la Vida or Paradise. You could hear Paradise everywhere, it has more that 260.000.000 views on You Tube, it was so popular. I really like Magic, but that's the fact. The bad thing is that it was released during Oscars. It wasn't noticed enough...

• 2 weeks later...

^ And not much airplay yet, on Radio 1 C list as hasn't moved up which is quite odd.

I think it will do well, top 20 at least, in the UK it might take off like Paradise did but I am predicting several releases and loads of mini hits rather than a big hit.

on Radio 1 C list as hasn't moved up which is quite odd.

That C list was published almost a week ago, I'm pretty sure it will move to at least the B list tomorrow (it would be weird if that wouldn't happen).

It moved up to Radio 1 B list yesterday. I think their reason for doing it is because they think it may be on the A list for a long time once Magic starts gaining popularity but I think there is a good chance of Oceans or Another's Arms getting released before the album, so it might on the list shorter than that.

Magic needs a official vid to boost it :)