✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2014] Beacon Theatre, New York, USA

Jenjie

I agree about D.C being a great place for a small show. Lincoln Theater jumped to my mind straight away. Saw Laura Marling there not too long ago. Beautiful place and as far as I could tell there's not a bad seat in the house. Black Cat is probably a bit too small. Another option could be 9:30 Club but they rarely do seated shows and my guess is most of the upcoming shows will have seating.

They played the 9:30 Club once. That was A LONG time ago! Now I can see them at DAR or the Warner. About 2000-3000 seats.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local radio station here in Halifax has a Coldplay contest: "Win a VIP trip for 2 to a private Coldplay concert in NYC! You'll get two tickets to an intimate Coldplay performance in NYC May. 5th and a meet and greet with the band, airfare for two, hotel accommodations and spending cash!" If a small markert like this is giving away tickets I suspect there won't be too many for sale.

A local radio station here in Halifax has a Coldplay contest: "Win a VIP trip for 2 to a private Coldplay concert in NYC! You'll get two tickets to an intimate Coldplay performance in NYC May. 5th and a meet and greet with the band, airfare for two, hotel accommodations and spending cash!" If a small markert like this is giving away tickets I suspect there won't be too many for sale.

Anyone heard of any other radio station contests,maybe an NYC station? Has anyone out their gotten an official e-mail invite? I assumed they weren't released yet or the forum would have blown up...

Nothing yet... I think the on sale will be this week

Hope so,the anticipation's driving me crazy! I assume if they'll send them out all at once and folks will request which city they want? That's what Mumford and Sons did for most of their shows last tour.

Hope so,the anticipation's driving me crazy! I assume if they'll send them out all at once and folks will request which city they want? That's what Mumford and Sons did for most of their shows last tour.

And be on the lookout for tix released day of show! Mumford had a lot!

They did update ticketmaster with a ticket limit of 2

Huh? Thought they were only released via e-mail invite,at least initially?? Of course they may appear on Stubhub and the like after the release...

Huh? Thought they were only released via e-mail invite,at least initially?? Of course they may appear on Stubhub and the like after the release...

Check out the listing on ticketmaster... It still doesn't show a price but it says there is now a ticket limit of 2 for whenever they go on sale to the mailing list.

Check out the listing on ticketmaster... It still doesn't show a price but it says there is now a ticket limit of 2 for whenever they go on sale to the mailing list.

Will do, thanks. Wonder if we'll need a code or something? Also wonder what time of day the e-mails will be sent since the website is on U.K time or 5 hours ahead of East Coast time.

Will do, thanks. Wonder if we'll need a code or something? Also wonder what time of day the e-mails will be sent since the website is on U.K time or 5 hours ahead of East Coast time.

Will most certainly need a code

I need 1 ticket. Just 1. Please God make this happen. I'm granted a flight ticket to New York from Florida if I manage to buy a ticket. I was so sad when I knew I didn't get a ticket to the show in Austin.. I don't want a repeat of that

Good luck! I'm looking for one too. Heavensbee mentioned Ticketmaster says they'll offer 2 tickets once they go on sale via the e-mail invite. My hope is if I don't get an invitation people who only need a single ticket will offer their extra on this forum so it will go to serious fans rather than people just looking to make $$ on E-Bay. Unfortunately I know that may be naive. Anyways that's how I got my ticket to the Mumford and Sons show at Forest Hills,Queens. I put a post on the forum and was sold a ticket at face value. They even had a thread to sell tickets and it was very specific that if you were looking to make a profit you should go somewhere else to sell your ticket.. My guess is the same thing will appear on this forum. If I do get an invitation I will let you know and it's yours if you need it

Tickets on sale to the general public 10am local time Wednesday, with Citi Preferred tickets on sale at the same time (per the Live Nation mobile app)

Thanks for the update! Guess that means the invites will be going out very soon. Good luck to all!

Good luck! I'm looking for one too. Heavensbee mentioned Ticketmaster says they'll offer 2 tickets once they go on sale via the e-mail invite. My hope is if I don't get an invitation people who only need a single ticket will offer their extra on this forum so it will go to serious fans rather than people just looking to make $$ on E-Bay. Unfortunately I know that may be naive. Anyways that's how I got my ticket to the Mumford and Sons show at Forest Hills,Queens. I put a post on the forum and was sold a ticket at face value. They even had a thread to sell tickets and it was very specific that if you were looking to make a profit you should go somewhere else to sell your ticket.. My guess is the same thing will appear on this forum. If I do get an invitation I will let you know and it's yours if you need it

Great stuff. That's the true spirit :)

Thanks for the update! Guess that means the invites will be going out very soon. Good luck to all!

They haven't specifically said there will be invites; the way it looks now (according to the Live Nation mobile app), the Wednesday on sale will be general (open to all) with a password needed for Citi Preferred tickets, which are usually a separate reserved allotment.

Mumford and Sons, I remember, had this huge post on their website about the invitation codes, and had a specific form to select the cities you wanted an invitation code for. I haven't seen that from Coldplay yet...

I need 1 ticket. Just 1. Please God make this happen. I'm granted a flight ticket to New York from Florida if I manage to buy a ticket. I was so sad when I knew I didn't get a ticket to the show in Austin.. I don't want a repeat of that

I'm on a similar boat. Monday is my day off from work, so I can easily book a quick flight from Florida to NY for the concert and come back the next morning. Crossing my fingers here.

They haven't specifically said there will be invites; the way it looks now (according to the Live Nation mobile app), the Wednesday on sale will be general (open to all) with a password needed for Citi Preferred tickets, which are usually a separate reserved allotment.

Mumford and Sons, I remember, had this huge post on their website about the invitation codes, and had a specific form to select the cities you wanted an invitation code for. I haven't seen that from Coldplay yet...

Right you are about Mumford and Sons. I did get a code for Troy,Ohio but was able to go to 3 shows closer to D.C so I offered my code,gratis, on the M&S forum. I feel like the Coldplay site led at least me to believe it will be more like a private sale and not just for general sale or Citibank cardholders (something they've done in the past w/o a "special e-mail alert from Coldplay) but for "true fans" who visit the official website and sign up for alerts. Hope that doesn't come across as petty!

I'll be standing by @ 10am Wednesday hopefully with a code but.....I too just need 1 ticket. It would mean the world to me! I've been a forum member for a long time and would absolutely be appreciative if someone ends up with an extra ticket. Fingers crossed that fellow Coldplaying.com members get in to the show in masses.

LN app still has the on sale listed tomorrow at 10 and ticketmaster still says nothing. Surprised we haven't seen the email yet

If you download the ticketmaster app it will also say that tickets will be released at 9am tomorrow, not sure what timezone is that though..:confused: