✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2014] Beacon Theatre, New York, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked for over an hour to try and get even one ticket for the Beacon and finally gave up after talking to a Ticketmaster rep on the phone. I can live with not getting a ticket, small venue, one show, and all. What irks me though is to see all the tickets available through StubHub and eBay already. I saw one auction: $5,500 for a $150 orchestra seat! Is that even legal?

I wish paperless ticketing wasn't illegal in New York. That's simply the best way to ensure real fans who will be attending the show get the best tickets. It's really not Ticketmaster's fault... it's the state of the secondary ticket industry.

Heavensbee: Were you able to get a ticket then? I actually had a Chase card and a Citi card to use and I still didn't have success. The very nice rep at Ticketmaster told me not to give up though — that tickets would continue to be released right up until the show.

Heavensbee: Were you able to get a ticket then? I actually had a Chase card and a Citi card to use and I still didn't have success. The very nice rep at Ticketmaster told me not to give up though — that tickets would continue to be released right up until the show.

He (or she) is right -- they will. I work ticketing for major sold out shows with Live Nation and almost every single time, really good tickets are released a couple of days before the show up till show time. I was able to get an upper balcony after passing twice on a loge and lower balcony seat.

Did you get tix for NY show? Oh how I tried. Can't believe my bad luck returned but knowing how much you wanted to go to LA, hope you got tix!

I wish paperless ticketing wasn't illegal in New York. That's simply the best way to ensure real fans who will be attending the show get the best tickets. It's really not Ticketmaster's fault... it's the state of the secondary ticket industry.

I did use Citicard for one LA show but didn't have it committed to memory. My husband texted it to me but it was already several mins into sale. I also tried chase and standard tabs. Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He (or she) is right -- they will. I work ticketing for major sold out shows with Live Nation and almost every single time, really good tickets are released a couple of days before the show up till show time. I was able to get an upper balcony after passing twice on a loge and lower balcony seat.

I'm a she. :)

I didn't even get a chance to pass up on anything, but I truly am happy for you. Congrats on the seats!

gjohnson, luckily it's so much easier to get to NY than LA! I'll still try to get a better seat and check for drops each day. I figure we won't get many shows and a major tour won't happen until after the rumored next album, so I'm willing to go all out for this. Especially since I read on Atlas Project's twitter that the show will be over 90 minutes long!

Looks like people had good luck with the app.. that's how I got my ticket.

Stubhub

Missed out on tickets despite having 2 windows open and constantly refreshing. If anyone has an extra to sell I'd be very interested. I Did take a look at Stubhub 375 tickets available $400 up to $9,000. How the hell does that happen? Got to be Ticketmaster selling to agents and getting a cut, no?? Or these people have some in. Citipass site says "sold out" but I'll keep trying... I agree with Heavensbee and wish they would do paperless tickets.

what'd you do with the upper balcony ticket? and roughly how much did you get for the J row ticket in orch 1? thanks
I purchased the upper balcony ticket probably around 11am this morning on TicketNetwork.com after losing hope in finding a ticket on Ticketmaster.com. I bought the upper balcony ticket for about $410 but w/ taxes and fees it came out to about $500. Pretty up there in price for an upper balcony but I just wanted to get inside the building at that point. A few hours later on the same TicketNetowrk.com site I found the Orch 1 row J seat for $494 before fees and taxes.. made sense that if I'm gonna pay that much, I might as well go with the Orch seat.

Since that Upper Balcony seat is an eticket, I'm still waiting for it in my email (they say I should get it in my email on or before May 2nd) and that's when I'll most likely throw it on StubHub and try to at least break even. I just looked at StubHub's prices for the same Upper Balcony area and they all seem to be going for about the same $400ish price point. Hope that helped!

As of now I'll be Orch 1 row J. Price was kinda steep but just a little more than what I paid for the upper balcony so I think all in all it was a good deal. Hopefully prices will go down so people who missed out on the Ticketmaster sale can still go!

Which site??

http://www.ticketnetwork.com/ticket/coldplay-events.aspx But also check Stubhub to compare prices.

Thanks. BTW really happy for you! I think we met at the D.C show last July. If memory serves me right some of us hung around together waiting for the boys to come out but turns out they were having a party at a sushi spot nearby. Wonder if they'll say hello after the NYC show. Unlikely but one can dream. :)

Thanks. BTW really happy for you! I think we met at the D.C show last July. If memory serves me right some of us hung around together waiting for the boys to come out but turns out they were having a party at a sushi spot nearby. Wonder if they'll say hello after the NYC show. Unlikely but one can dream. :)

I do remember that!!! It's been awhile now but it still feels like yesterday to me. Hopefully we'll have better luck in NY :)

I'm really considering just paying for one of the tickets on the reseller sites. I'm dying to go. This might just be the only chance to see Coldplay in a small venue. Most of the concerts I've been to have been in fairly small venues. And being so close to the band is such an amazing feeling. Spending just over a paycheck and a half might be crazy, but I'm tempted to do it.