✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Placebo

Hicksy

Hey! I'm new on Coldplaying.com so hi everyone! I'm a huge Placebo fan. I can't stop listening to BFTS since it came out. It is so much better than Meds!;)

I was lucky enough to see them twice last month, at the Pinkpop festival and at the Cirque Royal in Brussels. The CR gig was awesome. It was really weird to see them play such a tiny venue, especially just after seeing them at a festival. I've already ordered my tickets for Antwerp in December. I'm negociating to go to the Pukkelpop in August too. Seems like I can't get enough of these guys :)

I'm glad to see some people here also like Placebo. I always feel a bit isolated cause not many of my friends like them. :laugh3:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I'm new on Coldplaying.com so hi everyone! I'm a huge Placebo fan. I can't stop listening to BFTS since it came out. It is so much better than Meds!;)

I was lucky enough to see them twice last month, at the Pinkpop festival and at the Cirque Royal in Brussels. The CR gig was awesome. It was really weird to see them play such a tiny venue, especially just after seeing them at a festival. I've already ordered my tickets for Antwerp in December. I'm negociating to go to the Pukkelpop in August too. Seems like I can't get enough of these guys :)

I'm glad to see some people here also like Placebo. I always feel a bit isolated cause not many of my friends like them. :laugh3:

Well Brian said himself, that if he could describe his band, is that they are some really addictive drug :uhoh:

same here, not many people seem to like them :\

it'll be really :( if i can't see them in my town in less than 3 weeks :cry:

lucky you that will see them 4 times :dance:

so since how long have you been listening them?

you say, BFTS is better than Meds, so which album / song is your favourite one? :)

Well Brian said himself, that if he could describe his band, is that they are some really addictive drug :uhoh:

same here, not many people seem to like them :\

it'll be really :( if i can't see them in my town in less than 3 weeks :cry:

lucky you that will see them 4 times :dance:

so since how long have you been listening them?

you say, BFTS is better than Meds, so which album / song is your favourite one? :)

I have been listening to them for 12 years or so? I mean, they were the craze here when they started cause Brian was born in Belgium, raised in Luxemburg, and the medias here used to describe Placebo as a "local" band getting famous at the time... They were like a national pride, and we don't have that many. Of course, Placebo was in fact everything but a Belgian band, but that's basically how I heard of them first ;) I kept listening to them since then, with ups and downs, alterning periods of fangirlness and periods of disinterest. (As you can tell, I'm in a fangirlness period right now, doing many many of their gigs ;))

My favourite album... I know it's not a real album but the CD I listen to the most is Once More with Feeling lol. Usually,I ain't fond of compilations, but this one is just perfect. And BFTS is not far from becoming my favourite cause I like every single song on it but maybe Battle for the Sun.

Songs... 36 degrees, Special K, Special Needs, Song to say goodbye, the Bitter end, Nancy Boy, there are so many of them actually! :D

And you? How long have u been listening to them and what are your favourites?

wow that's great. lucky you :D

so you are from Belgium?

well about from where are they, i've read press said they are britpop, because they were like formed in London... :confused: i can be wrong.

Once More With Feeling is great, right that.

Well, when i first heard of them, back in 1996 or so, i considered very young as to get into a band (i was 9 or 10), .... for what i listened of them back then i liked it.

sincerecely i got more into them like 4 years ago, due to some reasons i won't explain.

when i firstly heard Song to say goodbye i turned to listen them a bit obsessively as to say.

and same i can't choose just a song, it depends on the mood.

wow that's great. lucky you :D

so you are from Belgium?

well about from where are they, i've read press said they are britpop, because they were like formed in London... :confused: i can be wrong.

Once More With Feeling is great, right that.

Well, when i first heard of them, back in 1996 or so, i considered very young as to get into a band (i was 9 or 10), .... for what i listened of them back then i liked it.

sincerecely i got more into them like 4 years ago, due to some reasons i won't explain.

when i firstly heard Song to say goodbye i turned to listen them a bit obsessively as to say.

and same i can't choose just a song, it depends on the mood.

I am from Belgium yes :) I think they're 100% british, altho Brian likes to introduce himself as an international character. In Landgraaf he said "we're sons of the Netherlands", 2 days later in Brussels he said "We are sons of Belgium" lol.

I agree with the mood thing, it's probably why I can't get bored of them. They have a song for every state of mind I can be in... They either calm me down when I need it or give me energy when I'm a bit under the weather. :)

• 1 month later...

my bad i missed those two :shame:

two new vids from the last album:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9m8ODwZ-yw]YouTube - Placebo - The Never-Ending Why (Official Video)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gvmoCYA820]YouTube - Placebo - Ashtray Heart (Official Video)[/ame]

a bit too "psychedelic" for me, i prefer Meds vid... but well..

btw is just my impression, or Never-Ending Why vid is a bit similar to Coldplay's SS (in some parts)?

btw about the concert they did in my city (which i couldn't atted), was so bad, they had technical problems and left the stage on the 6th song (the setlist was meant to be of 19 songs). :(

definitelly i see Nancy is back :uhoh:

i think they've pretty much had to cancel most of their american tour. the singer from Jet also passed out on stage last week as did steven tyler from aerosmith. the guys from kasabian are down with suspected swine flu and oasis cancelled their v fest performance cos of sickness. and we all know of coldplay calling off a show due to medical reasons. something must be going around.

i think they've pretty much had to cancel most of their american tour. the singer from Jet also passed out on stage last week as did steven tyler from aerosmith. the guys from kasabian are down with suspected swine flu and oasis cancelled their v fest performance cos of sickness. and we all know of coldplay calling off a show due to medical reasons. something must be going around.

yes something must be going :\

hope they all get well soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I fell in love with Placebo for nearly a year, they're so different and cool <3

Top 10 songs,

1- Meds

2- For what it's worth

3- 36 Degrees

4- Song to say goodbye

5- Blind

6- Post blue

7- Asthray heart

8- Teenage angst

9- Drag

10- Every you, every me

• 2 weeks later...

from their FB page:

http://tourbundle.placeboworld.co.uk/

If you haven't already downloaded yours, the FREE 5 track 'PLACEBO Tour Bundle 2009' will only be live until this Friday!

edit:

ok i got it... and content is:

Placebo - Breathe Underwater (Live at Pukke).

Expatriate - Get out, give in (Album version)

Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch (live at KCRWs Mornings Become Eclectic)

The Horrors - Sea within a sea

United - For what i feel (live at Debaser).

They're still releasing new concerts all over the world and what 'bout Argentina? >_<

Grr, how i wish i had gone to Meds' concert in 2006! D:

Furthermore, I don't like the idea of Bright Lights being the new single, I wanted Kings of Medicine or Breathe Underwater!

Those videos are really bad..

sadly yes :shame:

They're still releasing new concerts all over the world and what 'bout Argentina? >_<

Grr, how i wish i had gone to Meds' concert in 2006! D:

Furthermore, I don't like the idea of Bright Lights being the new single, I wanted Kings of Medicine or Breathe Underwater!

I wish i could had seen them in my old city, yet i hope they come here for next year.

hopefully you'll see them too. :)

well i liked Bright Lights, but i'd like they release Kings of Medicine as next single too. :\ May they don't want to, as they already released a single called Meds? :shrug:

they are :disappointed:ing me a bit.

• 1 month later...