✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy is back!

42JTR

Well Guy is an amazing bass player. He's always been a bit in the background but he's made some amazing basslines throughout the years. On Mylo Xyloto I had the feeling he had been forgotten a little (some expections ofcourse, Paradise/MM) But now on Ghost Stories he's totally back! Each song has his amazing bass and a lot of songs are even bass driven. Magic/True Love/Midnight/AIMH. Guy even does some ''solo'' parts again (ASFOS, All Your Friends, O(Don't ever let go) So I'm just really happy he's back! :D

He had a phenomenal lines in ETIAW and MM, and fairly important roles in HLH, UATW, POC...

This album's basslines are great. Magic and Midnight are fantastic. However, it took me about 10 listens to hear the bassline on True Love...it's pretty good but some of the mixing on that song I just don't agree with. ASFOS and AIMH have great bass "solos". :)

Yeah, I always feel like every album is heavy in one specific instrument. Like Parachutes in Acoustic Guitars, AROBTTH in Piano, X&Y in Organ, MX in Synths etc. and when I listened to this I immediately noticed that this is definitely Guy's album.

EDIT: Oh, and idk if anybody else noticed but in Another's Arms during the guitar solo, that's some seriously epic bass.

MX is pretty guitar+synth heavy to me.

Another's Arms bassline... :lol: I remember hearing the iTunes version and thinking, DAMN THAT'S A LOT OF NOTES.

Also - if you listen to the album version of AIMH, there are actually two basslines playing during the instrumental section in the middle of the song after the 1st chorus. At the iTunes performance, Guy plays the lower bassline, and in subsequent shows, he has been playing the higher bassline. :D