✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When did The Lounge die?

IMightBeWrong

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be impossible. Most of them still lurk under other accounts, and word get around through facebook and Twitter. But you could bring them back under a 'New ownership, new start" amnesty and put them on a short leash...2 warnings instead of 5, maybe.

It would be absolute and utter chaos, but that's probably something I'd take delight in

With regards to those who have been banned/account disabled, surely some have received a lifetime ban which is disproportionate to the severity of their "crimes"? If I remember correctly, Reilly struck out with some childish spamming and insults. Yes, the rules were broken but within the grand scheme of things there are more serious things he could've done to warrant warnings/a ban. And please correct me if I've misread the circumstances and reasons.

That said, apart from Mark, I can't imagine too many others would care to return. Unless I'm mistaken?

I have an old Coldplay account but it was with my old email address and I forgot my password so I just opened a new account because I have no idea what my old one was and I could not apply for a new password as my email had been cancelled, this was a couple of years ago.....

I don't really know much about what it takes to get banned. Then again, there are some really rude people on the internet.

If you break rules, you get warnings and after 5 warnings you're banned. I don't know Mark, But Reilly really isn't rude, he's just... Reilly :|

And what does 'just Reilly' mean....

'just Reilly' = you feel offended even if he's complimenting you :lol:

if you have the fitting kind of humor it's funny as hell, but most people on here didn't get it so

yeah..

i may sound bitchy but this place's got a lot better since tash is not a mod anymore, i'm sorry for her disease and everything but it always felt like we were under a dictatorship

She was incredibly fast at finding things and updating things in Coldplay land and I miss that, but I get what you mean. Most of the time I didn't agree with her decisions.

It's hard to tell when people are being sarcastic on forums sometimes, maybe his 'jokes' seemed more literall than funny. Maybe that joke was hurtful to whoever he was making fun of. Then again, I wouldn't know.

Well, a usual conversation with Reilly would have gone like:

Person: Coldplay is great, I really like their new album

Reilly: You're a goddamn idiot

NOW it got interesting :lol:

Here are few scenarios how the conversation could go on:

1)

Person A: No I'm not, you're an idiot!

Reilly: <- he would throw all his shit at you, you'd lose

2)

Person B: Who da fuck are you

Reilly: <- he would throw all his shit at you, you'd lose

3)

Person C: LOL

Reilly: :)

Person C: Okay. Well uh, yeah I still like them, you can't change anything about it.

Reilly: You're still a fool Coldplay sucks balls

Person C: Why are you even here?

Reilly: Why are you even here?!

Person C: Because I'm a fan!

Reilly: No you're an idiot :wacky:

4)

Person D: *ignores Reilly*

Reilly: <- he would throw all his shit at you, you wouldn't lose this time lol, but it would still be annoying as FUCK

5)

Batman: :| at least I'm a sexy idiot :charming:

Reilly: :charming: <- and he would probably only throw a little bit of his shit at me

Jesus Christ I should do something useful :lol:

I hate you Reilly :wacky::kiss:

With regards to those who have been banned/account disabled, surely some have received a lifetime ban which is disproportionate to the severity of their "crimes"? If I remember correctly, Reilly struck out with some childish spamming and insults. Yes, the rules were broken but within the grand scheme of things there are more serious things he could've done to warrant warnings/a ban. And please correct me if I've misread the circumstances and reasons.

That said, apart from Mark, I can't imagine too many others would care to return. Unless I'm mistaken?

If anyone remembers Julie and noonsun then yes there have been bannings which were very disproportionate for what was done. Most of these people have moved on from here (unless I'm mistaken in which I can pop them a FB message, though doing so seems mainly pointless considering this is probably not going to happen anyway)

How the fuck I haven't gotten any kind of official warning compared to what these guys got I still have no clue.

i may sound bitchy but this place's got a lot better since tash is not a mod anymore, i'm sorry for her disease and everything but it always felt like we were under a dictatorship

She was incredibly fast at finding things and updating things in Coldplay land and I miss that, but I get what you mean. Most of the time I didn't agree with her decisions.

This was The Trade-Off.

It was something I noticed very quickly and did not agree with. Being able to update things quickly IMO is not enough to warrant pretty much becoming the mod with the biggest decision-making presence on the board where you actually have to talk to people and negotiate situations. Tash is not entirely to blame for this, and I can understand how her condition may have actually contributed to this (I don't know specifics however).

• 6 months later...