✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When did The Lounge die?

IMightBeWrong

Do you remember the VIVA times? It felt like this forum was on freaking ACID. Everytime I hit the "New Posts" button 34 new more posts where made.. in one minute :|

Oh well, I guess I'll stay on here until Coldplay does something stupid and I will stop being a fan. It's so sad though, I miss the busy times :(

may have contributed to the acid

those were really fun times though

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the reasons why I kept coming here were 50% Coldplay, 50% The Lounge but now I realise that it was rather 10% - 90%

I barely post anymore... It's just so sad

I miss the old times :bigcry: (and by 'old times' I mean 15 months ago :| that's when I joined)

Not only the Lounge seems dead, the whole friggn forum does. DURING A COLDPLAY TOUR. Usually this place is on fire then :|

*crawls into a corner and sobs*

For them, it's more like a small holiday than a tour :(

For them, it's more like a small holiday than a tour :(

Yeah but they're out in the world presenting themselves and everybody around here is like ":| meh"

People used to make threads about every single stage prop for fucks sake! :lol:

Yeah but they're out in the world presenting themselves and everybody around here is like ":| meh"

People used to make threads about every single stage prop for fucks sake! :lol:

If this is the forum's stagnation period, I will be very upset. But then again, this is a transition album so maybe LP7 will reawaken the Coldplaying spirit :)

But then again, this is a transition album so maybe LP7 will reawaken the Coldplaying spirit :)

That's my last hope. I mean, I'll come back to this place as long as there is even only one person left. But if the new album won't change anything, I'd say the good days are over.

I thought that here will be so many fanfics after that Gwyneth thing.

:blank:

:(

HAHAHA

:|

*feels kind of guilty... KIND OF*

That's my last hope. I mean, I'll come back to this place as long as there is even only one person left. But if the new album won't change anything, I'd say the good days are over.

S..St..Sto..STOP IT!! :bigcry:

My feelings are broken :bigcry:

wait did you write that one with the zoo? :wideeyed:

Ya... It turned out quite horribly... Well, in glad to hear that you know of its existence. Well, the only reason I found Coldplaying in the first place was because of the fanfics. I am praying for the day that someone posts another.

And to the whole crying thing, let's not cry because Coldplaying is not as big as it was, we still have whoever posts now, which is always better than nobody at all. I know that I am here to stay, which is still something. Coldplaying is like a neighbourhood block, people move out and in. Sometimes it's full of teenagers and kids all having fun doing useless stuff, and then some move out and a bunch of elderly couples and business men come in that just kinda sit there and do nothing. But there are always those few that stay and hang out together no matter what.

And that whole analogy was to say, that small or big, Coldplaying still is pretty awesome.

Tbh I feel like the Lounge has been slowly dying for a few years now. The site going down in Jan for 2 weeks without explanation just made it all the worse.

There'll always be shit like the random posting threads of course but it feels like a certain sense of community isn't there (nearly wrote cummunity... >_>)

Emma's right, when I first joined there would literally be several new posts in the span of 30 or 60 seconds, combined with hundreds of regular posters, you could easily spend 8-10 hours a day on The Lounge catching up with all the things people are saying (and I sometimes did, haha.) But the fact that it slowed down over the years is something rather organic and nothing is really to blame. But the website abruptly shutting down and the new ownership realllllllly slowed down the place. Everyone that wasn't a Coldplay diehard fan just sort of realized that they can live without this forum and never came back again. Again, nobody's fault really, just that things pass and I think the community on here, as we know it, is over. Of course other people will come when LP6 comes, but I doubt more than a few of the faces we know will still be on here.

This was written a bit somberly haha, sorry. It's not how I intended it to be.

Hahaha there was spam everywhere but it was fun! I spent tons of hours here. :lol:

I made a lot of good friends thanks to the lounge.

Do you remember the VIVA times? It felt like this forum was on freaking ACID. Everytime I hit the "New Posts" button 34 new more posts where made.. in one minute :|

Oh well, I guess I'll stay on here until Coldplay does something stupid and I will stop being a fan. It's so sad though, I miss the busy times :(

I remember those days, every time you clicked on New Posts a bunch of people had posted it was interesting.

Oh crap did Ghost Stories already come out haha

HAHAHAHA

may have contributed to the acid

those were really fun times though

Yuo

we even wrote fanfics LOL

I never want to read my own ones again.

I thought that here will be so many fanfics after that Gwyneth thing.

:blank:

:(

Maybe back in the day. The fangirl contingent goes through its own development weirdly enough. It wasn't unusual a few years back to find comments about how panties were moistened (icky icky icky!), thank god that seems to have passed (or at least I hope it has, I haven't dared ventured in those threads for a while)

Oh right, that's why there hasn't been - there's nothing sufficient for them to tease each other about in such a happening. Yes, tease in that context...

The fangirl contingent goes through its own development weirdly enough. It wasn't unusual a few years back to find comments about how panties were moistened

how panties were moistened

panties were moistened

moistened

scared-makeup-gif.gif