✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When did The Lounge die?

IMightBeWrong

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, Greg and Reilly don't post on here anymore, and they kept the lounge alive :(

It all happened when Reilly got banned, I became a moderator and then got de-modded, after we talked for hours and days on the chat function and decided it didn't give us enough freedom, and everything moved on over to tinychat.

Tbh I feel like the Lounge has been slowly dying for a few years now. The site going down in Jan for 2 weeks without explanation just made it all the worse.

There'll always be shit like the random posting threads of course but it feels like a certain sense of community isn't there (nearly wrote cummunity... >_>)

Since I only joined 2 months ago, can someone educate me on what The Lounge is (or was)?

It's a place where people talk about everything and nothing. Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes it's random bullshit.

I remember that thread about the bidet that seemed just random and funny in the beginning but in the end we all learned stuff about the bidet. That's The Lounge :nod:

It's a place where people talk about everything and nothing. Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes it's random bullshit.

I remember that thread about the bidet that seemed just random and funny in the beginning but in the end we all learned stuff about the bidet. That's The Lounge :nod:

Fair enough. Now we have the Random posting Thread.

Nick, Greg and Reilly don't post on here anymore, and they kept the lounge alive :(

It all happened when Reilly got banned, I became a moderator and then got de-modded, after we talked for hours and days on the chat function and decided it didn't give us enough freedom, and everything moved on over to tinychat.

i miss those tinychat chats :( :( :(

:cry:

sorry that was my fault, i was the bidet girl

I don't know about Nick, but I'm 99% sure Reilly and Greg will never post regularly on here again. And really neither will I. It was brilliant coming on here every afternoon and befriending so many people from around the world. I'm actually planning on living with two of the people I met on here, when I have some money saved up. But just because something was nice doesn't mean it has to last forever. And there are other ways to keep in touch now, Facebook, Skype, Tinychat, Tumblr etc...

Tbh I feel like the Lounge has been slowly dying for a few years now. The site going down in Jan for 2 weeks without explanation just made it all the worse.

There'll always be shit like the random posting threads of course but it feels like a certain sense of community isn't there (nearly wrote cummunity... >_>)

Emma's right, when I first joined there would literally be several new posts in the span of 30 or 60 seconds, combined with hundreds of regular posters, you could easily spend 8-10 hours a day on The Lounge catching up with all the things people are saying (and I sometimes did, haha.) But the fact that it slowed down over the years is something rather organic and nothing is really to blame. But the website abruptly shutting down and the new ownership realllllllly slowed down the place. Everyone that wasn't a Coldplay diehard fan just sort of realized that they can live without this forum and never came back again. Again, nobody's fault really, just that things pass and I think the community on here, as we know it, is over. Of course other people will come when LP6 comes, but I doubt more than a few of the faces we know will still be on here.

This was written a bit somberly haha, sorry. It's not how I intended it to be.

I don't know about Nick, but I'm 99% sure Reilly and Greg will never post regularly on here again. And really neither will I. It was brilliant coming on here every afternoon and befriending so many people from around the world. I'm actually planning on living with two of the people I met on here, when I have some money saved up. But just because something was nice doesn't mean it has to last forever. And there are other ways to keep in touch now, Facebook, Skype, Tinychat, Tumblr etc...

Emma's right, when I first joined there would literally be several new posts in the span of 30 or 60 seconds, combined with hundreds of regular posters, you could easily spend 8-10 hours a day on The Lounge catching up with all the things people are saying (and I sometimes did, haha.) But the fact that it slowed down over the years is something rather organic and nothing is really to blame. But the website abruptly shutting down and the new ownership realllllllly slowed down the place. Everyone that wasn't a Coldplay diehard fan just sort of realized that they can live without this forum and never came back again. Again, nobody's fault really, just that things pass and I think the community on here, as we know it, is over. Of course other people will come when LP6 comes, but I doubt more than a few of the faces we know will still be on here.

This was written a bit somberly haha, sorry. It's not how I intended it to be.

:|

Well, luckily it came because otherwise I think we wouldn't have more than 3 posts a day, on the whole board.

:bigcry:

Do you remember the VIVA times? It felt like this forum was on freaking ACID. Everytime I hit the "New Posts" button 34 new more posts where made.. in one minute :|

Oh well, I guess I'll stay on here until Coldplay does something stupid and I will stop being a fan. It's so sad though, I miss the busy times :(

Do you remember the VIVA times? It felt like this forum was on freaking ACID. Everytime I hit the "New Posts" button 34 new more posts where made.. in one minute :|

Oh well, I guess I'll stay on here until Coldplay does something stupid and I will stop being a fan. It's so sad though, I miss the busy times :(

This is soooo saaaad :bigcry:

It feels like I came too late to the greatest party.