✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-June-2014] Exclusive Gig at the 50th Max Sessions, Sydney, Australia

10359160_10152518077106264_1768147876754035448_n.jpg

Special live Coldplay performance in Sydney exclusively for Foxtel

Award-winning modern music legends Coldplay will perform an exclusive gig for Foxtel’s MAX channel to celebrate the 50th MAX Sessions when they play for a live audience in Sydney on Wednesday, June 18 at The Star Event Centre.

MAX is thrilled to welcome Coldplay back to the MAX Sessions stage for a second time, to celebrate the 50th episode. Performing songs from their new album Ghost Stories, as well as their long-running hits and favourites, this will be one magical night of music you won’t want to miss.

When Coldplay, led by front-man singer, songwriter Chris Martin, launched their first studio album Parachutes in 2000 they shot to fame with their single “Yellow”. The band followed on with A Rush of Blood to the Head in 2002, and X&Y in 2005 which went straight to number one and became the best-selling album worldwide. The band has since released albums Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends in 2008 and Mylo Xyloto in 2011 with critical acclaim.

In 2014, Coldplay’s sixth studio album Ghost Stories has debuted at #1 on the ARIA Albums Chart in Australia and topped the charts globally. 50th MAX Sessions: Coldplay is your chance to see this phenomenal band play live if you missed out on their exclusive one-off show at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre which sold out in less than three minutes. For the opportunity to be in the audience for this incredible performance, head to maxtv.com.au and enter the competition for your chance to win tickets.

Since Coldplay’s captivating performance to launch the series in 2003, the MAX Sessions stage has been home to some of the greatest artists the world of music has ever known. Forty-nine timeless shows have so far been recorded and MAX Sessions has continued to raise the bar, delivering world-first, money can’t buy music moments that have left audiences mesmerised. From Slash’s rare acoustic set which included Guns N Roses classics; to Australian rock icons Powderfinger delivering a sunset performance on the steps of the Sydney Opera House; the stage has been graced by international stars such as Blondie, KD Lang, Moby, James Blunt, Michael Buble, Ben Harper and Seal, as well as Australian greats including Paul Kelly, Jimmy Barnes, Darren Hayes Keith Urban, INXS, Delta Goodrem and Marcia Hines. Most recently, one of the world’s greatest songwriters Neil Finn delivered an unforgettable performance, joined on stage by good friend and music legend, Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder. The 50th MAX Sessions welcomes the return of Coldplay who will perform their new material as well as showcase their greatest hits.

The one hour special 50th MAX Sessions: Coldplay will premiere on Foxtel’s MAX channel Saturday, August 9 at 7.30pm. Encore screenings on MAX will premiere Saturday, August 9 at 10pm, and Sunday, August 10 at 10am, 5pm and 11pm.

For tickets, simply head to our competition page.

http://www.maxtv.com.au/pages/main-menu/news/latest-news/50th-max-sessions--coldplay

Win 50th MAX Sessions: Coldplay

The MAX Sessions is Australia’s original and longest-running concert series. Since its inception in 2003, the award-winning series has developed an illustrious tradition of delivering extraordinary and unique live performances from well-loved local and international acts.

Some of the world’s most iconic artists have taken to the MAX Sessions stage over the past ten years with captivating performances by Slash, Blondie, Powderfinger, Keith Urban, K.D. Lang, James Blunt, Michael Buble, Jimmy Barnes, James Reyne, Ben Harper, INXS, Snow Patrol, Neil Finn and many, many more. But if we go right back to the very first MAX Sessions – it all started with a mind-blowing performance by the one and only, Coldplay.

MAX is thrilled to welcome Coldplay back to the MAX Sessions stage for the second time, to celebrate the 50th episode. Performing songs from their new album Ghost Stories, as well as all our favourites, this is one magical night of music you won’t want to miss.

To WIN tickets and expericence this once in a lifetime 50th MAX Session, just fill in the entry form below and tell us in 25 words or less "If you had the opportunity to ask Coldplay a quesiton, what would it be?"

The Prizes

1 x Major Prize winner and their guest will receive tickets to MAX Sessions on Wednesday 18 June in Sydney, plus accommodation for one night, return flights and transfers included, plus you will be invited to ask your question to Coldplay!

Runner's Up we have a heap of tickets to giveaway, just enter before the comp closes!

http://www.maxtv.com.au/pages/main-menu/win/win-prizes/50th-max-sessions--coldplay

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I could go if I won but realised I still have classes because I've been a bit tardy with schoolwork. WELP.

Tell everybody you're sick and sneak out to see Coldplay IF you win.

There's always a way to see a gig. ALWAYS :wideeyed:

:|

Why didn't they play anything special in Cologne ... :bigcry:

:( Been bothering me too..... but hell, we should be happy we were one of the lucky ones who did get to see them :)

Edit: well actually, we did get the (sort of) premiere of ASFOS :D

:( Been bothering me too..... but hell, we should be happy we were one of the lucky ones who did get to see them :)

Edit: well actually, we did get the (sort of) premiere of ASFOS :D

Didn't Cologne get the first ASFOS tour performance????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yes YES I know I should be thankful (and I am), but DAMN I never went to Coldplay's older concerts prior to 2008 so I never heard any of the older songs live T__T

yes YES I know I should be thankful (and I am), but DAMN I never went to Coldplay's older concerts prior to 2008 so I never heard any of the older songs live T__T

Same here! I would kill to hear something else than Fix You from X&Y or AROBTTH or Parachutes. I did hear Trouble at Pinkpop Festival in 2011(only live performance of the song :D)

Livestream's tomorrow night. You're thinking of the wrong concert

Oh, apparently I am :awesome:

Setlist

Always on My Head

Charlie Brown

Paradise

Midnight

Viva la Vida

Magic

True Love

Oceans

ASFOS