✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 release new album Songs of Innocence for FREE!

Sparky

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people didnt want it they could get rid of it. And it's in your iCloud until you actually click download.

For para-para- parrotdies...

With all due respect...

WTF??? U2 spread some good & look at the shit they get for it?

Seriously why don't people wake up? Third World problems, Ebola, children in need...there is so much bad stuff happening in our world..

It was a simply a GIFT. You choose to take it or not? Your choice.

*rant over*

It was a simply a GIFT. You choose to take it or not? Your choice.

*rant over*

First off, it was not a choice. It was automatically put into people's music libraries, the very opposite of choice. So get off your high horse and get your terms right before going on a rant (which frankly, does not make much sense, similar to some of your previous posts).

Second, we're veering off the original assertion that the album is terrible. I have no issues with U2 - if you look at my previous threads and posts, I have talked at length about how I appreciate the band's contributions to music. For example, I listed The Joshua Tree as the 5th best album of 1987 here and Achtung Baby as the 6th best album of 1991 here.

But just because I like previous U2 albums and respect their musical contributions does not mean I have to like all of their releases. The last decade has been largely uninspired and forgettable for a once legendary band. The new album certainly does not reverse the trend; it is merely the latest in a line of lifeless releases.

First off, it was not a choice. It was automatically put into people's music libraries, the very opposite of choice. So get off your high horse and get your terms right before going on a rant (which frankly, does not make much sense, similar to some of your previous posts).

Second, we're veering off the original assertion that the album is terrible. I have no issues with U2 - if you look at my previous threads and posts, I have talked at length about how I appreciate the band's contributions to music. For example, I listed The Joshua Tree as the 5th best album of 1987 here and Achtung Baby as the 6th best album of 1991 here.

But just because I like previous U2 albums and respect their musical contributions does not mean I have to like all of their releases. The last decade has been largely uninspired and forgettable for a once legendary band. The new album certainly does not reverse the trend; it is merely the latest in a line of lifeless releases.

I disagree with your opinion about the U2 music being lifeless 2000 - present. That is all.

No offence but I'm over the discussion. I wish you well though.

For para-para-parrotdies:

This thread was supposed to be on U2's new cd not on their relevance to the musical world.... If you don't like it, okay, but don't come arguing just because you like to be right in everything.

Btw: how can you judge them when you (apparently) only heard 2 of 13 albums?

For para-para-parrotdies:

This thread was supposed to be on U2's new cd not on their relevance to the musical world.... If you don't like it, okay, but don't come arguing just because you like to be right in everything.

Btw: how can you judge them when you (apparently) only heard 2 of 13 albums?

I didn't know that you are limited in the type of conversations per thread.

Btw: how did you ever come to the conclusion that I only heard 2 of 13 albums?

Guest howyousawtheworld
The classic Ad Hominem.

It's one thing if I recommend new music basic on P4K recommendations but if you check my post history, you'll see I highlight albums long before Pitchfork actually reviews it (e.g. I posted about Caribou way back in August).

Although I wouldn't expect any less from someone who still thinks U2 is relevant in 2014.

Thanks.

Oooh you posted about Caribou in advance of Pitchfork reviewed him. Aren't you clever?

Tomorrow, the weather man predicts the sun will rise in the morning.

I just started listening to U2 last year and I must say they are really fantastic. I had a really good time listening to their albums. Now regarding the release strategy of their recent album, I don't care much about it being free because it is such a wonderful gift to the music world but they should've just put it on itunes and let the people who are interested on the album download it.