✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 release new album Songs of Innocence for FREE!

Sparky

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the album cover. This record is probably up there with The Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby as one of their best to date. I've been listening to it everyday and just can't get enough. The lyrics are mesmerizing as well!

Its a shame entire generations have grown up not listening or discovering great music. They get a free U2 album but can't even be bothered to listen through the whole thing. They'd rather watch Nicki Minaj stick a anaconda up her bottom.

Well said!

I'm 16 and I don't know a single person close to my age who cares at least the slightest bit about U2. I wish people would just give SOI a chance, it would be a stunning introduction to a truly great band.

well, if you don't like or don't know the band well enough, why criticize this much?

I'm sure u all would love to have CP's LP7 free on Itunes and stuff...

yes of course because im fan of the band, but what about other people? maybe you dont know that once an album is downloaded you cant delete it or doing it its a pain in the ass and actually doesnt delete the album but just "blocks" it, i would be mad as hell if one day i wake up to find a coldplay album i didnt want.

Just because a band like U2/coldplay does a thing you have to praise it, i wouldnt prise coldplay if they did something like it

and btw i love SOI but what are u talking about doesnt have anything to do about liking or not liking the band U2 itself, but not liking their way of advertising, which i find vile

This. If Coldplay did this instead of U2, it would be hailed on here as the greatest idea ever.

Ehm, actually no. I would be disappointed. One thing is to release an album for free, another thing is to put your album to everybody's playlist without a question. I believe that Coldplay would never do this, because they don't think about themselves so proudly and they know that not everybody likes their music. I know that a lot of you love U2 and I DO NOT hate them, but it's just my point of view.

And please don't treat them like the best band in the world. They aren't. They are good, bu not the best. Before Coldplay I didn't know U2 and I'm not ashamed of that.

maybe you dont know that once an album is downloaded you cant delete it or doing it its a pain in the ass

YES, I'm very aware of that and I also know that u have to deactivate the automatic download on Itunes/app store to really delete it.

btw, I don't agree 100% on this marketing choice, U2 only wanted to give SOI to as many people as they could reach.

this is manly on Apple 'cos that option was there AGES before all this happened, they could have done a pop up window to warn the costumers that new free content was being downloaded directly...

that's my thoughts on the subject, now let's go back to just enjoying the album

PLEASE ;)

^ finally someone that understands me

U2 actually FORCED people to have their album on their devices, id rather have a nicki minaj song i actually like than an entire album from a band i dont listen to

Actually, the album was put on your "purchased" list allowing you to download it if you wanted. The only exception is if you had automatic downloads from icoud enabled. Then it would download to your device automatically. You agreed to this in your terms and conditions from Apple.

If you have enough time to whine about 11 songs on your phone surely you have enough time to delete it and carry on living your life.

Andi;5693754']Got the physical album since yesterday and just heard it twice: it's a great Album. Much better than "No line on the horizon". Beautiful!

I haven't listened to it as much as I would have liked but I certainly like it. My picks thus far are Song for Someone , Iris & Every Breaking Wave.

I find it impossible not to love U2. They were my first true love before Coldplay & I just hold both of them in such high esteem. They are the light :heart:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Terrible album

Terrible? Don't think so.

Although I wouldn't expect any less from someone who let's Pitchfork do their thinking for them.

Thanks.

Although I wouldn't expect any less from someone who let's Pitchfork do their thinking for them.

The classic Ad Hominem.

It's one thing if I recommend new music basic on P4K recommendations but if you check my post history, you'll see I highlight albums long before Pitchfork actually reviews it (e.g. I posted about Caribou way back in August).

Although I wouldn't expect any less from someone who still thinks U2 is relevant in 2014.

Thanks.

Terrible? Don't think so.

Thanks.

Totally agree.

Let him have his own goddamn opinion though, you'll get nowhere trying to tell him the truth...unfortunately. :(

The classic Ad Hominem.

It's one thing if I recommend new music basic on P4K recommendations but if you check my post history, you'll see I highlight albums long before Pitchfork actually reviews it.

Although I wouldn't expect any less from someone who still thinks U2 is relevant.

Thanks.

Sorry no offence but....

They. ARE. Still. Relevant.

very relevant.