✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 release new album Songs of Innocence for FREE!

Sparky

Guest howyousawtheworld
I think if Radiohead didnt excist then Coldplay wouldnt, but thats how i think about it. Radiohead and Coldplay are still both progressive with there new albums, they both try new things, U2 is just standing still in the 80's and 90's sound.

Erm I really don't think so. Truth be told, I'd love to sound like U2 did in the 80s and 90s because, quite frankly, it still stands the test of time remarkably well. Most of their albums could have been made today, such is their impact and timeless relevance. The sounds of U2 have transcended time so your point doesn't stand. U2 have never ever been a band who have sounded like they have failed to escape a certain decade. Even their weakest efforts like Atomic Bomb and No Line On The Horizon easily slipped into the music of the time.

Songs Of Innocence continues that trend and is by far a better album than Coldplay's last two albums and Radiohead's King Of Limbs.

To say U2 sound like they're stuck int he 80s and 90s shows a stunning lack of knowledge of this band.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd download it, or go on Youtube and listen to the whole album (thats the easiest way)

The official physical release is October 13 I think. It will probably officially be on other platforms by then, not just itunes.

I can't download it without iTunes. On my android obviously won't let me use iTunes. Thanks though. :-)

I wanted to wait a few days and get to properly listen to the albums a few times so I can reflect on it adequately.

For me this band is up there with Pink Floyd as the greatest band of all time so you can imagine the agony that I've had to endure for the past 5 or so years waiting for an album to come out. And I cant really be bothered with a proper review so here it is: ITS BRILLIANT. Epic in every sense. How this band is still able to create such amazing music after so long is beyond me. I had lowered my expectations after NLOTH but this record just blew my mind.

Also I love the fact that a lot of the younger generation struggle to find this stuff "interesting" or "relevant". Plus, The Guardian hates it, and that's always an indication of a great record!

I can only hope Coldplay look at U2 and Foo Fighters and realize...

^No please, all U2 did was repeating the sound that used to get them through other bands at the time, its an album full of great tunes but its pretty immature and bland and lame for a band as old as U2, and Foo Fighters are a pretty boring too, I listened to all their albums and I find myself struggling to get interested in them cause yeah their albums all got tunes but what else? Nothing.

Thats why im glad that Coldplay, Radiohead and Muse always change style in their albums, mainstream or not at least i know that they will never repeat themselves in a way as lame as U2.

And also, i thought about something else: Their advertising technique its the saddest and most intelligent thing in world, they actually made all the apple users have their album already downloaded in their device.

^No please, all U2 did was repeating the sound that used to get them through other bands at the time, its an album full of great tunes but its pretty immature and bland and lame for a band as old as U2, and Foo Fighters are a pretty boring too, I listened to all their albums and I find myself struggling to get interested in them cause yeah their albums all got tunes but what else? Nothing.

Thats why im glad that Coldplay, Radiohead and Muse always change style in their albums, mainstream or not at least i know that they will never repeat themselves in a way as lame as U2.

And also, i thought about something else: Their advertising technique its the saddest and most intelligent thing in world, they actually made all the apple users have their album already downloaded in their device.

Are you saying U2 doesn't change their sound ? Listen to The Joshua Tree, then listen to Zooropa and try to say that again. I have no problem with them going back right now to a sound they started with like 35 years ago.

Are you saying U2 doesn't change their sound ? Listen to The Joshua Tree, then listen to Zooropa and try to say that again. I have no problem with them going back right now to a sound they started with like 35 years ago.

+1

Jonny and the cake, your argument is weak. I don't think you know your U2 well enough to keep going on.

Keep in mind U2 have been a band much longer than Muse, CP and Radiohead. I dont have anything against those bands of course...Muse is my all time favourite band. Anyways, who knows what Coldplay will be in 20 years. Will they keep evolving? You don't know that. So hold the negative U2 talk and wait till Coldplay are old like U2. And then compare.

Guest howyousawtheworld

U2%2BZooTV%2BWallpaper.jpg

The new album is the worst album they've made, so unbelievable boring, it's just repetition of there older work, it doesnt sound new, it's just the same old thing. A real artist try's new things.

What does 'The Troubles' sound like from past albums? Specifically.

What compares to 'This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now'? Specifically ?

I'm not a fan of U2 and I haven't heard their new album because I don't use iTunes. But I think this "giving for everybody, no matter you want it or not" thing is terrible. It's just the worst promotion I can ever imagine. :blank:

Oh well it's U2's choice I guess. You don't get to control what they decide for themselves I guess. Lol. :)

Oh well it's U2's choice I guess. You don't get to control what they decide for themselves I guess. Lol. :)

That's still okay because it's U2. But just imagine if Bieber would do this. Everybody would have Bieber's album. That would be scandal all over the world :lol:

Love the album cover. This record is probably up there with The Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby as one of their best to date. I've been listening to it everyday and just can't get enough. The lyrics are mesmerizing as well!

Its a shame entire generations have grown up not listening or discovering great music. They get a free U2 album but can't even be bothered to listen through the whole thing. They'd rather watch Nicki Minaj stick a anaconda up her bottom.

Love the album cover. This record is probably up there with The Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby as one of their best to date. I've been listening to it everyday and just can't get enough. The lyrics are mesmerizing as well!

Its a shame entire generations have grown up not listening or discovering great music. They get a free U2 album but can't even be bothered to listen through the whole thing. They'd rather watch Nicki Minaj stick a anaconda up her bottom.

its a shame some people still has the urge to tell whats music and whats not, i find myself listening to nicki minaj more often than listening to U2, and yes, i'd rather watch Nicki Minaj stick a anaconda up her bottom instead of watching Bono and the lads trying so hard to get people to listen/download their album against their will

Guest howyousawtheworld
The new album is the worst album they've made, so unbelievable boring, it's just repetition of there older work, it doesnt sound new, it's just the same old thing. A real artist try's new things.

its a shame some people still has the urge to tell whats music and whats not, i find myself listening to nicki minaj more often than listening to U2, and yes, i'd rather watch Nicki Minaj stick a anaconda up her bottom instead of watching Bono and the lads trying so hard to get people to listen/download their album against their will

Jesus Christ, this forum really has fallen into the abyss.

i'd rather watch Nicki Minaj stick a anaconda up her bottom instead of watching Bono and the lads trying so hard to get people to listen/download their album against their will

well, if you don't like or don't know the band well enough, why criticize this much?

I'm sure u all would love to have CP's LP7 free on Itunes and stuff...