✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 release new album Songs of Innocence for FREE!

Sparky

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it took a while for me to realize that the album was on iCloud :facepalm:

anyways, I'm fishing first listen and my faves so far are: Song For Someone, Iris and Volcano.

Ps: Sleep Like A Baby Tonight reminds me A LITTLE of Bono's version of I Am the Walrus...

If anyone can't download the album on iTunes, go to the album tracklisting, it will say 'purchased'. Click on the bottom of the album artwork just above the purchased button and you will notice 'free' appearing for a split second. You just need to click the artwork then click 'free' as quick as you can before it changes back to purchased and there you go, you can download it! :)

Well so far the only song I really like and feel to replay is "The Troubles". I can't even remember the other song's melodies in any way and that's usually a bad sign for me in terms of if I like the songs or not .

we are made for each other cause this morning when i woke up the only song from the album i wanted to listen to again was the troubles, and the only reason was the melody and the girl's voice

Guest howyousawtheworld

Not a single dud song on it unlike their previous 3 albums. Utterly delighted with this LP. At a time when I thought they had reached a point where they didn't care about music that much (following NLOTH 5 years ago and the dismissive Invisible and Ordinary Love), they proved me wrong. It's consistently passionate, unforced and sounds like a band truly enjoying themselves drawing on their original influences and even their old selves. The album is on rails from start to end. It will transfer to the big stage without difficulty but still manages to be a retrospective and ultimately humble venture.

Absolutely worth the 5 and a half year wait.

Thank you U2.

Am I the only one who likes the older version of Every Breaking Wave better? Still a good album though

I LOVED the old version and when i saw that Every Breaking Wave was on SOI i lost my shit. So, when i heard the new studio version of course i was a bit dissapointed that it wasn't very close to the version played on the 360 tour. But it grew on me quickly.

I LOVED the old version and when i saw that Every Breaking Wave was on SOI i lost my shit. So, when i heard the new studio version of course i was a bit dissapointed that it wasn't very close to the version played on the 360 tour. But it grew on me quickly.

What kind of let me down is that they totally ditched the "I don't know if I'm that be strong" line. It was probably my favourite part of the song. But yeah, I'm already getting used to this new upbeat version too.