✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 release new album Songs of Innocence for FREE!

Sparky

Crazy. At the new iPhone6 press conference, U2 announced that they are giving away their album for free to iTunes customers which is basically everyone (over 500m people as Apple say) until October!

Mass amount of people trying to download the album at the same time. Captain Crieff posted a link which is below. It appears, according to people on Twitter, the album is automatically downloaded and added to your iTunes library, whether you like or not! :D

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewFeature?id=916841188

Its sent a shockwave across the music industry with one of the world's biggest bands releasing an anticipated album like this for free :o

Discuss the new album here once you have listen to it!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited the main post : It appears, according to people on Twitter, the album is automatically downloaded and added to your iTunes library, whether you like or not! :D

Some of the reactions on Twitter are hilarious, thanks Grids :

10660601_10154810629960314_475902154_n.jpg?oh=b53f0e9603e22b79f7b1e71ebf069ad4&oe=54121B4B&__gda__=1410478911_2cc8cd561882d688e3ae4f77fdaab3dc

Edited the main post : It appears, according to people on Twitter, the album is automatically downloaded and added to your iTunes library, whether you like or not! :D

Some of the reactions on Twitter are hilarious, thanks Grids :

10660601_10154810629960314_475902154_n.jpg?oh=b53f0e9603e22b79f7b1e71ebf069ad4&oe=54121B4B&__gda__=1410478911_2cc8cd561882d688e3ae4f77fdaab3dc

Hahaha imagine those 13 year old bieber fans suddenly getting confronted with actual music on shuffle :lol: well done U2!

That watch is such a gimmick, nothing more innovative than what Sony and Samsung were doing already a few years before :D Plugging it to my classic 80gb ipod now then I will be getting a lot of complaining neighbours tonight haha :)

Guest LiquidSky
Meh. iTunes claims I've already 'purchased' it, but my iTunes music library says no. :/

you have to go to your purchased album and download the album

Okay so, never liked U2, hate Bono, but of course U2 songs are part of my life because they are U2 and their songs are catchy as hell.

Ive never listened to a U2 album because id get bored out of their songs after few listens

Of course its a good album, it has got loads of tunes, no weak song, but the problem is that its U2 we are talking about.

This is an album that would be great and amazing and revolutionary if it was made by a debut indie band, but for someone like U2 this album is too unoriginal and weak and actually immature.

The only songs that fit a band as old and huge as U2 are Iris, Raised By Wolves, Cedarwood Road and The Troubles (maybe my favourite from the album)

Sleep Like a Baby Tonight is the only time in the entire album where they try a little bit harder to do something different but that different is actually nothing new and something tried by other younger bands years and years ago.

Rating:

if this was a debut album from a new band 9/10

but this is a U2 album so 6/10

Am I going to buy the album? Dunno if i see myself remembering the songs in my mind in the next days yes, if they disappear then no, all the songs were catchy, really really catchy and overall its a good album because all the song are great tunes and that should be a enough good reason to buy it but meh, pretty immature sound