✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Nominated for Best British Group for Brit Awards 2015 (Feb 25)

Christa42

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just announced - the band's up for Best British Group at the 2015 <a href="https://twitter.com/BRITAwards">@BRITAwards</a>! A <a href="http://t.co/OYeJUofqLf">pic.twitter.com/OYeJUofqLf</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/555788528035328002">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

logo.png

<nav id="nav">

</nav>

<section class="box-area title"> <header class="header"> British Group nominations announced

</header> </section> BRITISH%20GROUP%20WEB_16377_thumb_940_528.jpg

Alt-J

Clean Bandit

Coldplay

One Direction

Royal Blood

Seasoned BRIT Awards veterans Coldplay are nominated in this category for the sixth time in the band’s history, up against Alt-J, One Direction and BRITs newcomers Clean Bandit and Royal Blood.

Coldplay have already taken home the BRIT Award for British Group three times, in 2001, 2003 and 2012. Their trophy cabinet holds a total of eight BRITs, from 21 nominations over the years, including for British Album, Single, Group and Best Live Act.

alt-J were three-times nominated at The BRITs in 2012, for British Breakthrough Act, British Album and British Group. Once again they find themselves up against Coldplay in this category, who took home the award in 2012.

Also previously nominated in this category are One Direction, who were up for the award in both 2013 and 2014, losing out to Mumford & Sons and Arctic Monkeys respectively. The band have taken home a total of four BRITs in previous years, including for British Video and Global Success in 2014.

Clean Bandit will perform at ‘The BRITs Are Coming’ Nominations Launch event, whilst fellow first-time nominees Royal Blood will be performing on the night of the ceremony itself.

The BRIT Awards 2015 take place at London’s O2 Arena on 25 February and will be broadcast live on ITV at 8pm GMT. See all the nominations here.<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as I predicted, this year will be the first year that Coldplay is up against One Direction for Best British Group. I would hate to see 1D win this year, the fact that the British music industry would chose a Teen-Pop Boy Band over one of the biggest rock bands in the world is beyond me.

the fact that the British music industry would chose a Teen-Pop Boy Band over one of the biggest rock bands in the world is beyond me.

Yeah. 1D fans on twitter are annoying as hell! Why isn't musical talented actually appreciated in the music industry?! Does my head in sometimes :lol:

Going to be between Coldplay and 1D imo, possibly Royal Blood since they are up for Best Album too. I wouldn't say this award is a forgone conclusion though. This is voted by critics so you never know. Saying that, the Brits were all over 1D last year.

Anyway, I'm going to the Brits this year! Looking forward to this.

Going to be between Coldplay and 1D imo, possibly Royal Blood since they are up for Best Album too. I wouldn't say this award is a forgone conclusion though. This is voted by critics so you never know. Saying that, the Brits were all over 1D last year.

Anyway, I'm going to the Brits this year! Looking forward to this.

I think the Brits are going to be all over Sam Smith this year. :P