✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Nominated for Best British Group for Brit Awards 2015 (Feb 25)

Christa42

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay could seriously win this award, it may be pretty tough to beat One Direction, but remember that rock music is more popular in Britain than it is in America. And that Coldplay put more time and effort into Ghost Stories than 1D put into FOUR.

I dunno about that, barely any rock in charts for the past 6-7 years, pretty much the same as US charts. Fall Out Boy are currently #15 in US too while its not even top 60 here...

The War Child concert, just two days before the Brit Awards will not feature Coldplay, as Take That are confirmed the headliners and there's only ever one headline act and sometimes a special guest but it doesn't appear there will be one this year!

Good time to look back at this, don't know why I haven't ever seen this before, it's the most epic thing ever :o

[video=youtube;x-TuXEeedeI]

• 3 weeks later...
Moving on to this thread. After no Grammys, I am hoping they will be receiving this one or at least they will be performing as the whole band. I'm guessing ASFOS will be at it again.

Me too. I thought they won't perform. Will they even attend the ceremony?

• 2 weeks later...

Twitter predicts BRIT Awards wins for One Direction and Taylor Swift

Bing made some bets on who’d win at the Oscars and did pretty well. Now, Twitter has used mentions data to make its own predictions about who’ll win at tonight’s BRIT Awards.

The BRITs are effectively the British equivalent of the Grammys and this year’s ceremony will see some hotly contested battles between some of pop music’s biggest names.

Twitter’s been tracking the number of mentions acts have got in relation to the awards since the nominations were announced in January. It’s predicting success for One Direction and Taylor Swift, and disappointment for Ed Sheeran and Coldplay.

Here’s its full list of predictions:

British Female Solo Artist

Winner: Paloma Faith (@PalomaFaith)

Runner Up: Ella Henderson (@EllaHenderson)

British Male Solo Artist

Winner: Paolo Nutini (@PaoloNutini)

Runner Up: Ed Sheeran (@EdSheeran)

British Group

Winner: One Direction (@OneDirection)

Runner Up: Coldplay (@Coldplay)

International Male Solo Artist

Winner: Beck (@Beck)

Runner Up: Hozier (@Hozier)

International Female Solo Artist

Winner: Taylor Swift (@TaylorSwift13)

Runner Up: Sia (@Sia)

International Group

Winner: 5 Seconds Of Summer (@5sos)

Runner Up: Foo Fighters (@FooFighters)

British Single

Winner: Mark Ronson Ft Bruno Mars – ‘Uptown Funk’ (@MarkRonson)

Runner Up: Ella Henderson ‘Ghost’ (@EllaHenderson)

If you want to affect the result of one of the awards, the winner of Best Video is being decided by Twitter vote. The acts still in the running are Calvin Harris, Ed Sheeran, Mark Ronson, One Direction and Sam Smith.

The hashtag to vote for the winner will be revealed at 8pm GMT by the BRIT Awards Twitter account. If you want to keep track of all the BRITs nominees, there’s this handy Twitter list.

http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2015/02/25/twitter-predicts-brit-awards-wins-for-one-direction-and-taylor-swift/