✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin to perform with Beck at 2015 Grammys

gai

Beck, Chris Martin, Sia, More Added To GRAMMY Lineup

LATEST ROUND OF 57TH GRAMMY PERFORMERS ALSO INCLUDES MARY J. BLIGE, BRANDY CLARK, HERBIE HANCOCK, JUANES, AND JOHN MAYER, AMONG OTHERS

461312154.jpg?itok=T3wew990

The latest performers for the 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards are current nominee Beck, who will perform a song from his GRAMMY-nominated album alongside nominee Chris Martin; nominee Mary J. Blige, set to duet with Sam Smith, one of this year's top nominees; nominee Brandy Clark performing with two-time GRAMMY winner Dwight Yoakam; GRAMMY winners Herbie Hancock, John Mayer and Questlove in a special performance with nominee Ed Sheeran; nominee Juanes; internationally acclaimed pianist Lang Lang, who will add his musicality to one of this year's most infectious songs; the recently reunited, legendary Jeff Lynne's ELO, set to perform with Sheeran; and nominee Sia.

Three-time GRAMMY winner Beck is nominated for four awards: Album Of The Year and Best Rock Album for Morning Phase; and Best Rock Performance and Best Rock Song for "Blue Moon."

Nine-time GRAMMY winner Blige is up for Best Dance Recording for "F For You" with Disclosure.

This will be the first performance on the GRAMMY Awards telecast for country music singer/songwriter Clark, who is up for two awards: Best New Artist and Best Country Album for 12 Stories.

Two-time GRAMMY winner and 20-time Latin GRAMMY winner Juanes is up for Best Latin Pop Album for Loco De Amor (Crazy About Love).

Seven-time GRAMMY winner Martin holds three nominations with Coldplay: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for "A Sky Full Of Stars"; Best Pop Vocal Album for Ghost Stories; and Best Music Film for Ghost Stories.

This will be the first performance on the GRAMMY stage for Australian singer/songwriter Sia, who is up for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Music Video for "Chandelier."

Previously announced performers include GRAMMY-winning band AC/DC; current nominees and GRAMMY winners Tony Bennett with Lady Gaga; nominee Eric Church; nominees and GRAMMY winners Common with John Legend; nominee Ariana Grande; nominee Hozier with nominee and GRAMMY winner Annie Lennox; nominee Jessie J with GRAMMY winner Tom Jones; nominee and GRAMMY winner Miranda Lambert; GRAMMY winners Adam Levine with Gwen Stefani; seven-time GRAMMY winner Madonna; GRAMMY winner Rihanna with GRAMMY winner Paul McCartney and Kanye West; nominee Sheeran, nominee Sam Smith; nominee and eight-time GRAMMY winner Usher, and nominee and seven-time GRAMMY winner Pharrell Williams. Two-time GRAMMY winner LL Cool J returns as host.

The 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards are produced by AEG Ehrlich Ventures for The Recording Academy. Ken Ehrlich is executive producer, Louis J. Horvitz is director, and David Wild and Ehrlich are the writers.

Music's Biggest Night will take place live on Sunday, Feb. 8 at Staples Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). For updates and breaking news, visit The Recording Academy's social networks on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

x

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's another article

http://www.thewrap.com/beck-mary-j-blige-and-sia-topline-latest-grammys-performers-group/

Ed Sheeran gains on-stage partners Herbie Hancock, John Mayer, Questlove and ELO

Who isn’t performing at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards might be a shorter list at this point.

On Wednesday, the Recording Academy and CBS announced the latest group of performers, which includes Beck doing a duet with Coldplay’s Chris Martin, and Mary J. Blige joining Sam Smith on stage.

Also, Brandy Clark and Dwight Yoakam will collaborate; Herbie Hancock, John Mayer and Questlove with join the busy Ed Sheeran; Latin Grammy hoarder Juanes will perform; international pianist Lang Lang will do his thing; Jeff Lynne’s recently reunited ELO will also play with Sheeran; and Sia joins the docket as well.

news_banner2.pnggrammyawdd.jpgChris to appear with Beck at Sunday's GRAMMYs

4 February 2015 4:37 pm

Performance of song from Beck's Morning Phase album announced

Good afternoon. We're pleased to report that Chris will appear alongside Beck at this Sunday's GRAMMYs ceremony in Los Angeles. They will perform a song from Beck's album, Morning Phase, which is up for the Album of the Year award.

As previously announced, Coldplay have themselves been nominated in three categories.

- Best Pop / Duo Performance (for A Sky Full Of Stars)

- Best Pop Vocal Album (for Ghost Stories)

- Best Music Film (for Ghost Stories Live 2014)

Anchorman

[h=5]Tagged As:[/h]

the announcement[/url] in coldplay.com only mentions chris performing a Beck song. btw, are people that weren't happy with the false rihanna performance rumor happy with this collab? I am :)

Yes! Very cool that it's an alternative/indie kind of artist + I Love Beck's last album, many beautiful songs. The song 'Heart is a drum' would be great.

they were rehearsing tonight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Beck?src=hash">#Beck</a> & <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChrisMartin?src=hash">#ChrisMartin</a> sound amazing together. See and hear for yourselves <a href="https://twitter.com/TheGRAMMYs">@TheGRAMMYs</a> Sunday on <a href="https://twitter.com/CBS">@CBS</a> <a href="http://t.co/8UQ3DcCQY0">pic.twitter.com/8UQ3DcCQY0</a></p>— David Wild (@Wildaboutmusic) <a href="https://twitter.com/Wildaboutmusic/status/563561288672899072">February 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, I thought either I or the teleprompter had it wrong as soon as I heard it.....

But wasn't it pretty.

And Chrissy's camera stares were not anything to be noticed. really. I barely noticed them and don't even know why I'm mentioning his straight into the camera, blue eyed stares. really.

Nor was his immediate duck to the back of the stage to let Beck take the applause not his usual charming, adorable, self either.

nope.

he's just so gross, i really don't know why I even bothered to watch tonight. really.

And where is everyone....was nobody else blown away by Beck with Chris' vocals like I was. That was fuckin' gorgeous background vocals on a impeccable song. C'MON!!

.....thank you gai!

I was definitely blown away...Chris is an Angel and his voice is pure milk and honey. Melted me when he looked into the camera like that. Have Mercy! [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk