✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pink Floyd

I ran away

As there doesnt seem to be a thread on this band yet, I thought I'd open one.

So, any people who like Pink Floyd on here ? Which albums/pieces do you like most ?

My fav albums are AHM, DSOM, WYWH... My fav pieces are Time, Us and Them, Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, Summer 68, Shine on you crazy diamond, Anybody out there, The grand vizier's garden party...

Sometimes I wonder what it would sound like if Coldplay would go prog rock, but I guess this will never happen.

• 3 months later...

If Coldplay went prog that would probably be sensational. But they won't so I'll enjoy my regular prog bands and Coldplay as they are.

I like Pink Floyd and lots of music around that time. I would suggest trying out some more seventies English prog bands such as Genesis, Yes and King Crimson, it's great!

My favourite PF albums are Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Animals.

My fav songs are Time, Money, Hey You, Us and Them, and Comfortably Numb. I'll try to get a bit deeper into their catalogue :)

Yeah, I'll check them out ! Which songs would you recommend for these bands for the start that are kind of iconic ?

Tbh, I don't like The Wall too much...

From the early Syd-phase, Jugband Blues is also great. And after The Wall I think they went into a decline but still some nice songs in-between like High Hopes or Learning To Fly.

Guest diogo_sg
Yeah, I'll check them out ! Which songs would you recommend for these bands for the start that are kind of iconic ?

From the early Syd-phase, Jugband Blues is also great. And after The Wall I think they went into a decline but still some nice songs in-between like High Hopes or Learning To Fly.

Learning to Fly is one of their coolest songs imo

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg

Does anyone like "Money"? Bc I once loved that song and now I almost can't stand it!! [emoji383]

Does anyone like "Money"? Bc I once loved that song and now I almost can't stand it!! [emoji383]

I don't really like it, no.

Does anyone like Syd's solo albums ?

By the way, diogo, I just saw you are top poster of the week, the month and the year (and I'm second, lol) !! And you only joined recently. That's amazing !

Guest diogo_sg
I don't really like it, no.

By the way, diogo, I just saw you are top poster of the week, the month and the year (and I'm second, lol) !! And you only joined recently. That's amazing !

Wow!! Haha! I had no idea!! [emoji1] That's really... unexpected! But thanks!! [emoji6] And congrats too!!

Guest diogo_sg
I only listened to his first solo album,The Madcap Laughs. I'd say it's an acquired taste, but very good for just relaxing to it and closing your eyes and think you're in the seventies. :)

Haha! [emoji1] Maybe I'll give it a try, then.

Btw where can I see the top posters?

Guest diogo_sg
Go to "Coldplayers" right at the top menu, then scroll down and look at the lower right of the page. You joined in June but you account for nearly 20 percent of this year's posts !!!!

Thanks a lot!! [emoji1] [emoji106]

I've always loved them since I was a child, especially The Dark Side Of The Moon, The Division Bell, Wish You Were Here and Meddle. I have recently listened again to their whole discography, there are some very good songs in almost every LP.

David Gilmour is probably my favourite guitarist ever

Guest diogo_sg
I've always loved them since I was a child, especially The Dark Side Of The Moon, The Division Bell, Wish You Were Here and Meddle. I have recently listened again to their whole discography, there are some very good songs in almost every LP.

David Gilmour is probably my favourite guitarist ever

I hope Jonny doesn't read this!! [emoji1]

Here try these!

For Genesis, Firth of Fifth and I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) would be a good start. But there are so many good songs, my favourites being Supper's Ready, (a very long song) Dancing With the Moonlit Knight and The Musical Box. They are my favourite band of this time period.

Both from the album Selling England by the Pound.

[video=youtube;SD5engyVXe0]

[video=youtube;y1tFQMjc-IE]

Yes is a fantastic band as well. Their album Close to the Edge is one of the best I've ever heard. Start with these two tunes if you like.

From the album Fragile.

[video=youtube;SkGzjIq4aZI]

From the album Close to the Edge.

[video=youtube;FZcGc-nbLco]

King Crimson is harder to get into, but they're a fantastic band and arguably the most talented out of the three.

I would strongly recommend listening to their debut album In the Court of the Crimson King. The proper studio versions of songs from that album aren't on YouTube last time I checked, (except Moonchild which I put below) but obtaining it won't be difficult. My favourites are I Talk to the Wind, The Court of the Crimson King and Epitaph.

Here are some great King Crimson tunes I could find on YouTube.

Early stuff...from In the Court of the Crimson King.

[video=youtube;09iNZODJEMo]

From In the Wake of Poseidon. They made some really heavy songs and nice acoustic songs like this.

[video=youtube;mpZqSg6U53E]

A classic from their last album of the seventies, Red.

[video=youtube;zvz8jtZ3f5s]

If you actually check some of this stuff out, let me know if you like any of it.

I love it! I don't wanna get sick of it though, so I won't listen to it too much :D

Guest diogo_sg
I love it! I don't wanna get sick of it though, so I won't listen to it too much :D

That was my sin, I guess. I listened to it too many times. I think it's so boring, now!! [emoji37] And that saddens me, bc I love Pink Floyd!!

I have to admit I'd vote for David Gilmour over Jonny Buckland too, but this might be kind of unfair because evidently Gilmour gets more opportunities to showcase his art in Pink Floyd's long prog rock pieces than Jonny in considerably shorter Coldplay songs.

Thanks mayrn for posting the songs, I will listen to them and report back !!

By the way, does anyone know good Pink Floyd B-sides/unreleased/lesser known songs that can be recommended ? Because I really only know their standard discography (knowing almost everything is limited to Coldplay for me :P)

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
I have to admit I'd vote for David Gilmour over Jonny Buckland too

tumblr_m91i32klZW1qh3y1x.gif

It's ok, Jonny. It's ok. Do you want some ice cream?

Guest diogo_sg

You're right, Mayrn. Adele was singing Someone Like You live and everyone started to cry. Hilarious!