✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pink Floyd

I ran away

Guest diogo_sg
I discovered that there already was a topic about them (page 6)

Oops! [emoji38]

"I live to see the world"

Thanks for posting the songs, @mayrn43. I listened to all of them and actually, I like the King Crimson ones the most ! Definitely will check out some other works by these bands when I find time, so I'm glad you introduced them to me.

@beastwars: Oh, didn't see that. I actually created this page because the link in the band index lead to a dead page at that time, so I assumed there was no working thread. Well, who cares, as long we have a place to discuss somewhere :D

Did you also find the last album's (The Endless River) cover so terrible ?

I think the album cover is pretty kitschy...also, it is nice to hear those leftovers of earlier sessions, but one could certainly debate whether this necessitated the release of a physical album. I sometimes get the feeling that it is the record companies that try to push these things because it is an easy way for them to generate a huge revenue, rather than the musicians themselves. To me it just doesn't feel like a real Pink Floyd album, if you know what I mean.

I think the album cover is pretty kitschy...also, it is nice to hear those leftovers of earlier sessions, but one could certainly debate whether this necessitated the release of a physical album. I sometimes get the feeling that it is the record companies that try to push these things because it is an easy way for them to generate a huge revenue, rather than the musicians themselves. To me it just doesn't feel like a real Pink Floyd album, if you know what I mean.

I understand what you're saying, it's a generally shared opinion among PF fans, but I don't agree with it. The Endless River IMO is a good album because it has an ambient feeling that is new for them, even if it comes from unreleased music from The Division Bell era. The only objection might be that Richard Wright wasn't really part of the project (obviously) but only with recordings of 20 years before and Roger Waters too but for other reasons, and with 2 members out of 4 being off the project it's very hard to call it a PF record.

Despite all, there is some very good music in it, for example the guitar solo in "It's What We Do" and all the section that goes from "The Lost Art Of Conversation" to "Allons-y (2)", with "Louder Than Words" being a very good single to close everything.

• 2 months later...

I listened to both albums Atom Heart Mother and Wish You Were Here back to back now. Especially Atom Heart Mother is such an underrated album. I don't know why PF fans don't seem to like it that much, for me the suite in the beginning is pure artistry and songs like If, Fat Old Sun and Summer 68 are great songs.

Wish Coldplay would try out this style...who knows, maybe AHFOD will bring at least one song like that !

• 2 months later...
..who knows, maybe AHFOD will bring at least one song like that !

Well, in hindsight that sentence was a big piece of wishful thinking...

Anyway, I actually came to say that I finally ordered my first Pink Floyd CD ! I decided to get the 2011 Remastered version of Atom Heart Mother. I really love Atom Heart Mother. I read that the band themselves hated it. This is sad, I think the album is really underrated.

And this hate by the band...well, seems to be a pattern with me: Guess what, I also love X&Y.