✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

i miss coldplay

TF5092

I totally agree with this thread and I'm kind of missing their presence on social media too. I remember the band have had a chance to do q&a via Twitter for fans and I think it was so much fun. Too bad I didnt join the party. And they were seen together in a studio for many days - I think it was during mx era? They also did christmas videos every year or at least posted photos of them. I'm missing their togetherness of brotherhood in the studio. I dont think I have seen or heard of them pictured together outside of interviews or concerts now.

Just going to be honest here guys. The "I wish they would go back and do something like Parachutes/AROBTTH/Viva" comments kill me.

AHFOD will have some sounds relatable to their previous work, all Coldplay albums do. You could look at each album and say, this song could fit on that album - but it won't be an MX 2.0, or a Viva 2.0, or a ROB 2.0 and it probably won't be a mix either. The past 2 albums have shown they're more concerned with making an album flow from beginning to end in a storyline and sounding consistent throughout.

They're constantly trying to create new sounds, stay relevant and push themselves to their max. But they won't try to repeat themselves - they're too intelligent to do that, they only want to improve.

As for the social activity, I agree with grids - it would be nice to get a little more insight into what the band are doing in the studio - like Muse did for Drones on Instagram & like they used to for previous albums (EG: Studiofeed #1 & the viva snaps). However, they don't have to, and they know it. The Coldplay machine is a massive revenue generator without all the nice insights, GS sales proved that with it's minimal promo. But it would be nice to know that Guy, Jonny & Will are alive and well from time-to-time.

EDIT: Sorry if that seems like a rant :/ just trying to keep it real. (and yes: I do miss Coldplay too haha)

Just going to be honest here guys. The "I wish they would go back and do something like Parachutes/AROBTTH/Viva" comments kill me.

AHFOD will have some sounds relatable to their previous work, all Coldplay albums do. You could look at each album and say, this song could fit on that album - but it won't be an MX 2.0, or a Viva 2.0, or a ROB 2.0 and it probably won't be a mix either. The past 2 albums have shown they're more concerned with making an album flow from beginning to end in a storyline and sounding consistent throughout.

They're constantly trying to create new sounds, stay relevant and push themselves to their max. But they won't try to repeat themselves - they're too intelligent to do that, they only want to improve.

As for the social activity, I agree with grids - it would be nice to get a little more insight into what the band are doing in the studio - like Muse did for Drones on Instagram & like they used to for previous albums (EG: Studiofeed #1 & the viva snaps). However, they don't have to, and they know it. The Coldplay machine is a massive revenue generator without all the nice insights, GS sales proved that with it's minimal promo. But it would be nice to know that Guy, Jonny & Will are alive and well from time-to-time.

EDIT: Sorry if that seems like a rant :/ just trying to keep it real. (and yes: I do miss Coldplay too haha)

Yup, that sums it up :nod:

Yup, that sums it up :nod:

With gs, that was a one time thing because of his break up with gwenyth but now he's passed that so this album will be happier than gs. Coldplay can continue to explore new sounds but the problem is that a lot of hardcore fans want to hear them go back to their earlier sound. They have been more mainstream these past two albums and that appeals to a broader audience but not to hardcore fans.

With gs, that was a one time thing because of his break up with gwenyth but now he's passed that so this album will be happier than gs. Coldplay can continue to explore new sounds but the problem is that a lot of hardcore fans want to hear them go back to their earlier sound. They have been more mainstream these past two albums and that appeals to a broader audience but not to hardcore fans.

They make music. They change their style. It's nothing new. You either get used to it or you don't :awesome:

^It will be and it won't be. Coldplay I think does a great job at making each album really unique (within their own discography.) I think their taste in music is always evolving drastically and that is why GS compared to an album like VLV is really shocking. I love this about them. Who would have ever though they would actually release a masterpiece like Midnight or a sexy groove like Magic back in the VLV era?? Undoubtedly there are going to be some surprising sounds and influences on LP7.

At the same time though, six albums in, Coldplay consistently makes music with good pop sensibility and with similar themes: love, really tame rebellion, acceptance, introspection etc. Chris will always have some great piano, Jonny will always create nice atmosphere. So I expect LP7 will fit just right in.

At the end of the day, we will be saying "Is Jonny playing a kazoo on that track?" and "There's that nice 4/4 rhythm Coldplay does so well!"

^It will be and it won't be. Coldplay I think does a great job at making each album really unique (within their own discography.) I think their taste in music is always evolving drastically and that is why GS compared to an album like VLV is really shocking. I love this about them. Who would have ever though they would actually release a masterpiece like Midnight or a sexy groove like Magic back in the VLV era?? Undoubtedly there are going to be some surprising sounds and influences on LP7.

At the same time though, six albums in, Coldplay consistently makes music with good pop sensibility and with similar themes: love, really tame rebellion, acceptance, introspection etc. Chris will always have some great piano, Jonny will always create nice atmosphere. So I expect LP7 will fit just right in.

At the end of the day, we will be saying "Is Jonny playing a kazoo on that track?" and "There's that nice 4/4 rhythm Coldplay does so well!"

^ couldn't agree more :)

• 5 months later...
after the two recent concerts and other coldplay related happenings, I can't help but believe...coldplay is done.

I believe so, too. For some reason, the more time progresses the less do I see the band that I could identify with. I look at these developments and think, they are not my band anymore. Yeah, I miss the band they used to be.

Check out the thread in my signature...you will find like-minded people there.