✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Eurovision Song Contest 2015

I ran away

Hi, i thought I'd open a thread to discuss the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 which is conducted in Vienna this week.

First off here's a question: What's your opinion on the Austrian entry and its undeniable structural as well as, in parts, melodical similarity to the Scientist ?

Aw yiss, I waited for this thread to pop up!

tumblr_nom400uWNN1tbejo2o2_540.gif

Well I just listened to it

(it's this one here, right? [video=youtube;duW-PsDbysg]

)

I don't think it has much similarities with The Scientist :wtf: It's just a slow paced, love ridden piano ballad.

So i watched the final right now. Couldn't decide on a favorite, somehow none of the songs really clicked with me, i thought Italy, Estonia and Lithuania were not bad.

Of course I rather noticed that Coldplay was mentioned twice, at least in the german broadcasting:

- noting the similarities between the Makemakes' song and Coldplay, presumably the Scientist (i do think that structure and chorus melody are very similar actually...)

- apparently the winner from Sweden is on his albums influenced by John Mayer and Coldplay

And the final question is: Why does Germany always choose uninspiring candidates ? OK, of course this year it was actually Germany's second choice on stage, but for the last years this can't be taken as an excuse...