✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Planeta Terra was fabulous, but I think their best this year was definitely Bonnaroo, at least from the livestreams and the ones I was at :P

My favorite was Bonnaroo as well but it lacked of FIOE songs... When they started playing Heart in a Cage at Planeta Terra I thought I was going to die of happiness !

My favorite was Bonnaroo as well but it lacked of FIOE songs... When they started playing Heart in a Cage at Planeta Terra I thought I was going to die of happiness !

True, I remember realizing after that there weren't any FIOE songs besides YOLO and Juicebox, which was sad because FIOE is my favorite album after Is This It, but I think just the mood and vibe from the band as well as the actual sound of the performance was the best they did this year :wacky:. I think the other one that impressed me the most was Reading.

Speaking of FIOE songs, when I saw them in Maryland this year, they didn't do a SINGLE FIOE song, which was sad to me, but it was also the best out of the times I've seen them so it wasn't that sad :P

Anyone knows the setlist from oxegen 2006?

I only know 4 songs.

I love that show.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGC4UrlGUFw&feature=BFa&list=PL6ECEED7D6EA2D316&lf=mh_lolz]The Strokes - Hard To Explain (Live July 8, 2006) - YouTube[/ame]

Im a newer fan of the Strokes but I adore them..Everyday im reading old interviews and looking at all the concerts on you tube

The only thing that does bother me is Julian with the sunglasses..I love looking at him singing with expression in his eyes,but with the sunglasses you cant see anything..and the hat makes it worse.It's like he wants to cover up every part of his body..

Their official website has the lyrics for the songs from the first three albums. Although to be honest I think at least a couple of those are still, somehow, incorrect. Take for example the lyrics in Is This It where I am SURE Julian says "all pissed in this bar" even though the lyrics on their site are "all pissed at his pa." I am further certain of this due to the fact that their old website had the former lyrics, instead of the latter ones. Anyways, what I'm saying is that it's kind of a gamble. And the lyrics for Angles have not all been officially released yet either. However, on Julian's website you can find the official lyrics to Macchu Pichu, Two Kinds of Happiness, and Life Is Simple In The Moonlight. Good luck making sense of all that :P

Hmm. i didnt find the lyrics in julians website, only the solo songs lyrics.}

thats nice haha

EDIT: nvm, i just found the lyrics, its in the news session.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1GM9PIoiuk&feature=related]Julian Casablancas Say 'Good Bye The Strokes' - YouTube[/ame]

At 1:00 you can hear you only live once, does that version exists?

That version was actually originally a different demo, called I"ll Try Anything Once, which you can hear the full version of here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbBu_QY9i0&feature=related]The Strokes - I'll Try Anything Once - YouTube[/ame]

That version was actually originally a different demo, called I"ll Try Anything Once, which you can hear the full version of here:

thats awsome :o

You only live once is my all time favorite song, but know im in doubt :lol:

On other topic, Phrazes for the Young Deluxe Box has any extra songs, other than the 8 songs from the album?

thats awsome :o

You only live once is my all time favorite song, but know im in doubt :lol:

On other topic, Phrazes for the Young Deluxe Box has any extra songs, other than the 8 songs from the album?

Yes, it also includes the bonus songs Old Hollywood and 30 Minute Boyfriend, as well as a cover of I Wish It Was Christmas Today.

^Same here :(

Someday I'll probably end up buying it on ebay or something for like $500, I'm sure. It's sad how much that sounds like me :rolleyes:

I already searched for that. It has not. I cant find it >< Did you guys saw the video of him signing himself the deluxe box?

ps: thx for the rarities ApproximatelyInfinite, ill check it out tomorrow, got to go now x)

Anyone knows where i can buy or download all the singles and EP's?

I was there, and Games was the one song I video recorded while there! The crowd was too rough to do much else, and I got pushed pretty far back.

UGH, I'm more sad than I should be about their tour being over. I think it's because I don't wholly trust them to get back in the studio soon and pump out another album in good time.