✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Someone HATES politik!!!!!!!!!!!

Bar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

humm... when Arobtth was realese, I don't liked of "politik"... I thought very strange. One month later stopped for hear better, what had by behind of that song... it was when hear the piano later that Chris sing for the second time "open up your eyes, just open up your eyes"

Whoa that piano part touching/beautiful and depressive.... don't had a better song for open the record.

dan

Well, what can I say? All my 3 least favourite CP songs all listed on one page... Wonderful. Says it all, I guess... :lol: So kill me.

Actually, there's never been a bad CP song (except the unfinished ones, of course - check out Amsterdam before they came out with the album version - it's still good anyway). And I bet there won't ever be, the ones officially released anyway :D

Still, don't like Idiot much (the live version anyway), A Whisper and Politik are too tough on the ears (and the soul) for me to enjoy as much as all their other songs (except the last part of Politik which everyone - including me, absolutely loves) :)

Looks like I have to take all that back (or almost all of it, anyway) :D

Boy, how fast things change. Between the time I wrote the tirade above and starting the next tirade now, I feel quite different about Politik (and also A Whisper, though I guess that song belongs to another thread :P ). I used to think that both songs were too linear and simple (=bad song structure in terms of sound progression IMHO) but then last week I listened and sang along to both when I was feeling really down, depressed, mentally tired out; a new low for me so to speak. Of all the AROBTTH songs, those were the only two that helped, where I could really hear and feel that CP knew exactly how I felt. At the end of it, I felt relief, thank god (might've gone mad otherwise) - these guys are the only thing I've found that can rescue me from all these real dark moods I've been having lately. I just hope I never outstrip them and that their next album's out in time to rescue me then ;)

But I digress... What I'm trying to say is that maybe for all of you out there (me included most of the time) who don't like Politik (& A Whisper?) maybe it's just we've not reached there yet... Not gone that far down the emotional road that CP are trying to lead us / express in the songs. I guess we'll all understand and come to appreciate these 2 jewels when our time comes (though I hope very much that not all of us have to go down that deep... doubt it though sometimes :( ). But man, after realising this fact, CP scares the shit out of me- the level of their 'potential' darkness. And I admire how they pulled through and came out to help the rest of us through... I'm struggling just to keep some sanity and functionality as it is. Sometimes I look ahead and I wonder how I'll survive, sometimes I just try to stay in the moment, but either way I often feel as if the fight is too much.

But to come back, I guess we who don't like Politik just have not gone far enough down that dark, scary, futile-looking road yet. Keep smiling though, I know I'll try :D

Yes both are simple, yet have strong moral tones which are expressed mean they go deeper than the obvious, which is not what everyone does when listening to songs, it always depends on current moods, thats why I hated Murder when I first heard it and now its my favorite Coldplay b-side.

• 1 month later...

i always used to skip politik when i listened to the album because the beginning always put me off but after i gave it a chance i absolutely loved it and in my opinion it is one of the best on the album. tis brilliant live and on cd, :nice:

:stunned: :stunned:

Wow, I love Politik so much, especially live!

I've been known to rewind the end of Politik and listen to it over and over and over again. :rolleyes:

"So give me love over, love over, love over this ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Ahhh memories!!!

It certainly is fantastic live... if I close my eyes now I can see the green lights which go with the song...mmmm....

It has everything that a song should have!

*wants to be at a CP concert now* :D