✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #1: PARACHUTES

thetwinparadox

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg
If you think it's hard to choose now then wait until we get to AROBTTH!! [emoji14]

By the way, I have no idea why people are voting for Shiver. Shiver deserves to win, or at least get into the top 3! It would be such a travesty for it to be eliminated so early on. :(

That's why I'm not gonna play. I'm sorry, but I love every song and I can't possibly choose one to eliminate. That would be like choosing between my kids (if I had kids) [emoji5]

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg
Anyway, I still wanna get rid of High Speed...and if possible, at high speed.

[emoji30] [emoji24] [emoji22]

@TheAdversary: ...just you try and stop meeeeee ! :P

While it doesn't add to the discussion, if anything t would be Ms. I Ran Away (and I hope I'm not shocking y'all now ;))

@diogo: Seems you like this song...I must admit I like the atmospheric intro + intro guitar very much, then the guitar sound that follows after the "cut" irritates me and I dislike the rest of the song...

Guest diogo_sg
would be Ms. I Ran Away

[emoji15] :surprised:

@diogo: Seems you like this song...I must admit I like the atmospheric intro + intro guitar very much, then the guitar sound that follows after the "cut" irritates me and I dislike the rest of the song...

I really love High Speed. It's 3rd the best song in Parachutes imo (1st being Don't Panic and 2nd being Spies). It's the best song in The Blue Room EP too. Buuut, then again, that's just my opinion [emoji6]

@TheAdversary: ...just you try and stop meeeeee ! :P

While it doesn't add to the discussion, if anything t would be Ms. I Ran Away (and I hope I'm not shocking y'all now ;))

It's very Radiohead-esque. Reminds me a lot of Subterranean Homesick Alien. Very underrated Parachutes song imo. You can hear the Beatles influence there aswell :) Glorious

That's why I'm not gonna play. I'm sorry, but I love every song and I can't possibly choose one to eliminate. That would be like choosing between my kids (if I had kids) [emoji5]

I understand. Coldplay has so many good songs I can't rate the majority of them, but I'm thinking of this game as "if someone pointed a gun at my head and asked me which one I'd like to eliminate" lol. But it's alright, sometimes it's best just to sit back and watch the show! :)

They were stupid enough to elect him once, and only once!! ;)

You know who's really stupid? The guy that they made president...

"I know that the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully."

"It's super hard to put food on your family."

You know what, fuck it, let me just post a video.

[video=youtube;Be6tunbRcs8]

oh no, We never change is gone :cry:

And poor Shiver gets trampled on so much...I begin to feel with the songs that are disliked :)

Anyway, I still wanna get rid of High Speed...and if possible, at high speed.

Before your head explodes? :P

Btw it seems like we have an unusual situation. It appears that we have 3 songs all tied for first place! So keep those votes coming in! :)

I'm gonna start wrapping up this round now because I have a busy day tomorrow and won't be able to end the round on time. Since Shiver, Such a Rush and High Speed are all tied for first place with 2 votes, voting is now restricted to those 3, and after the next 2 votes, the round will end. You can vote even if you've already voted this round.

That's it! The round is over folks!!

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td] Such a Rush[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td] Shiver[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]High Speed[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Careful Where You Stand[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Spies[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Such a Radiohead and, most unfortunately and scandalously of all, SHIVER ARE ELIMINATED IN THE 3RD ROUND!!!! D: Dafuq people. At this rate you'll be eliminating Yellow next!!

What still remains:

Don't Panic

Spies

Sparks

Yellow

Trouble

High Speed

Everything's Not Lost

Life Is for Living

Bigger Stronger

Brothers and Sisters

Easy to Please

Only Superstition

See You Soon

For You

Careful Where You Stand

Help Is Round the Corner

Double elimination again and I again vote for Careful Where You Stand. Is this some fan favorite or something? I'm surprised no one else has voted for it!

Just one of the weaker songs on Parachutes in my opinion. I don't think it's bad just doesn't have the musical depth some of the other songs have on the album... and the way people go on about it. Criminally overrated, especially compared with songs like Spies and We Never Change. I even think High Speed is vastly superior. It drags on a bit as well and it sounds suspiciously similar to Grace by Jeff Buckley :uneasy: