✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #1: PARACHUTES

thetwinparadox

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@thetwinparadox: Honestly, I'd be in favor of voting out 2 songs every round instead of one. It's nice as a way of spending time waiting for AHFOD and beyond :D but there is no reason to drag it out - this is only Parachutes, so after Parachutes we have 5 more games to be played (6 if you include Prospekt's March EP). And then there are the unreleased songs which you said you wanted to keep for an extra game. And after all that there is Live 2003 and Live 2012, if you will. And by the time we have arrived there Coldplay will have released AHFOD, LP8 and LP9 and we'll all have grey hair. No damage in speeding this up a little bit :D

@thetwinparadox: Honestly, I'd be in favor of voting out 2 songs every round instead of one. It's nice as a way of spending time waiting for AHFOD and beyond :D but there is no reason to drag it out - this is only Parachutes, so after Parachutes we have 5 more games to be played (6 if you include Prospekt's March EP). And then there are the unreleased songs which you said you wanted to keep for an extra game. And after all that there is Live 2003 and Live 2012, if you will. And by the time we have arrived there Coldplay will have released AHFOD, LP8 and LP9 and we'll all have grey hair. No damage in speeding this up a little bit :D

Ha ha, I see your point! We could do a double elimination until we have 5 songs left! Because at that point we wouldn't want too many of the popular tracks going out so quickly, that is probably the best idea. So two songs will go out this round! :)

I was planning on combining VLVODAAHF and Prospekt's March, along with the b-sides from that era, but what do you guys think? And I don't see a point in doing the live albums, but if everyone wants to do it, then we definitely can! Btw I'm also planning on doing a best of the best elimination from every studio album. :)

Ha ha, I see your point! We could do a double elimination until we have 5 songs left! Because at that point we wouldn't want too many of the popular tracks going out so quickly, that is probably the best idea. So two songs will go out this round! :)

I was planning on combining VLVODAAHF and Prospekt's March, along with the b-sides from that era, but what do you guys think? And I don't see a point in doing the live albums, but if everyone wants to do it, then we definitely can! Btw I'm also planning on doing a best of the best elimination from every studio album. :)

Now that sounds like an elaborated plan from your part ;) Yeah, it would make sense to combine VLVODAAHF with Prospekt's March and the b-sides, just moving along Era by Era. As for the live albums, my idea was that while here we only eliminate songs for their "song value", when we do the elimination game with the live albums another component enters, that is visual performance. So we can find out not only the most liked songs, but also the most liked performances. But well, we can just wait and see, for the moment we have enough, LOL.

Round is wrapping up folks! No More Keeping My Feet on the Ground, at 3 votes, will be eliminated this round. and what a travesty too. by far the best song on the safety ep! *sniff*

However, it appears that High Speed and We Never Change are tied for second place, both with 2 votes. Since we can only eliminate 2 songs this round, the next person to cast a vote for either of these two (even if you've already voted this round) will decide which of the two will be eliminated and end the round. please don't kill high speed!

And with that vote, that's the end of the round!

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]No More Keeping My Feet on the Ground[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]We Never Change[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]High Speed[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Careful Where You Stand[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]For You[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Shiver (seriously, what's up with this? :P)[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Bigger Stronger[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

No More Keep...ah fuck it, and We Never Change are eliminated

Here are the remaining songs:

Don't Panic

Shiver

Spies

Sparks

Yellow

Trouble

High Speed

Everything's Not Lost

Life Is for Living

Bigger Stronger

Such a Rush

Brothers and Sisters

Easy to Please

Only Superstition

See You Soon

For You

Careful Where You Stand

Help Is Round the Corner

Another double elimination this round. It's starting to get more interesting now and once again I vote for Careful Where You Stand.

Guest diogo_sg
I like spies tooI love all of them

I know the feeling [emoji22] That's why I won't play this game

"I live to see the world"

I know the feeling [emoji22] That's why I won't play this game

"I live to see the world"

If you think it's hard to choose now then wait until we get to AROBTTH!! :P

By the way, I have no idea why people are voting for Shiver. Shiver deserves to win, or at least get into the top 3! It would be such a travesty for it to be eliminated so early on. :(

If you think it's hard to choose now then wait until we get to AROBTTH!! :P

By the way, I have no idea why people are voting for Shiver. Shiver deserves to win, or at least get into the top 3! It would be such a travesty for it to be eliminated so early on. :(

Democracy rules ;)