✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

*AHFOD* soundcheck theory time!

Yes, I was in the AHFOD discussion as it happened!

Coldplay soundchecked a new song from the album! (we are almost totally sure about it)

Now. Here's my own crafted theory...

Will this "new song" be the album opener?

It's been stated that AHFOD will be the day to the night of GS! Maybe this will be the optimistic version of Always In My Head!!!

Let me know.

Maybe they wrote the song for Global Citizens?

I agree with this! I reckon this song is a standalone song for the Global Citizen event and not part of the AHFOD era.

I just can't see Coldplay sound checking a new song from the album knowing it would leak like this, it's not how I would see them wanting to kick off the new era music! I think the first time we will hear new music from the AHFOD era will be a studio version of the lead single, live versions will then follow.

I agree with this! I reckon this song is a standalone song for the Global Citizen event and not part of the AHFOD era.

I just can't see Coldplay sound checking a new song from the album knowing it would leak like this, it's not how I would see them wanting to kick off the new era music! I think the first time we will hear new music from the AHFOD era will be a studio version of the lead single, live versions will then follow.

Now it's starting to make sense to me.

I agree!

Guest diogo_sg
The thing is,the lyrics dosent seem to be related to global citizen festival.

Actually, it does. Global Citizen is "powered" by the love between humans.

I'm betting they're going to play the new song. I may be wrong, but I'm betting on it. It may have a slight Ghost Stories vibe, but the strings and guitar definitely have a brighter sound. It's nothing "dark" as far as we can tell, the lyrics portray that its simply a happy love song.

Interesting theories, I'm exited to find out what's gonna happen!