✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Adventure of a Lifetime - Lyrics Decryption

jc90

Umi makes no sense. This isn't a concept album.

Is it possible that we're all mistaken and the correct lyrics are "To me she'd say" rather than "Umi she'd say"? Honestly the lyrics have really declined since Mylo Xyloto. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a random syllable Chris threw in to match the melody.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umi makes no sense. This isn't a concept album.

Is it possible that we're all mistaken and the correct lyrics are "To me she'd say" rather than "Umi she'd say"? Honestly the lyrics have really declined since Mylo Xyloto. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a random syllable Chris threw in to match the melody.

But it says Umi in Chris's handwritten lyrics, so I dont think we are mistaken. Is it a character from that book "Half the Sky", perhaps ?

• 2 months later...
Guest diogo_sg
[ATTACH=full]4837[/ATTACH]

what about this meaning? It makes sence considering the ''disco'' feel of the song

Haha! Well, that's...strange to imagine as the meaning of something in a Coldplay song[emoji14]

• 2 months later...

I read an interview with Babyface (the singer/producer) many years ago. he identified what he called "mushmouth" as a common element of hit songs. The singer shouldn't have perfect pronunciation. He sited the example of "Manfred Mann's Earth Band- Blinded by the Light". it seemed everyone sang along with that song. Also seemed nobody could figure out what he was singing on "wrapped up like a ?????". It gets people to listen over and over, and in the day request the song on the radio. It gets you addicted.

I think they used that on this track. It works!

Notice how Adele doesn't pronounce perfectly. You have to listen to clearly, and repeatedly, to get some of the words.

a thought... we will never know what it means because it works to get people hooked and create a singalong song.

and the Wachowski brothers will never explain The Matrix LOL

• Like 1