✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplayers, Oldplayers, Newplayers 'n all that factious stuff

Batman

Great post @Batman, thank you! :)

Something I wanna mention just because Im nerdy that way hehe But "And it's proven that we tend to remember bad things more than good things". I actually read that the opposite is the case: that the mind tends to remember what´s good and forget/downplay the bad and often "re-writes" the past to make it look better than it was (a good defence mechanism to be able to cope with negative experiences), which is also the reason many people talk about the "good old days" often forgetting what was bad in the old days hehe

Though I think that "you find what you´re looking for" applies here, in the sense that if you are about to listen to a song which says "feat Beyonce" and you hate Beyonce you´re much more likely to pay attention to whatever elements in the song you don't like than those you might like! hehe

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But first things first, what the heck is a Goldplayer? I've been stuck in a time capsule so someone update me!

Someone who thinks everything ever put out by the band is amazing and is the best music ever. There are no songs or styles by Coldplay they dislike. Therefore, they view all Coldplay songs as "gold."

• Like 1

Great thread, Thalia! It's amazing how there are many different "factions" of Coldplay fans.

But first things first, what the heck is a Goldplayer? I've been stuck in a time capsule so someone update me!

Apparently it's someone who likes all of Coldplay's songs. I think. :P

Someone who thinks everything ever put out by the band is amazing and is the best music ever. There are no songs or styles by Coldplay they dislike. Therefore, they view all Coldplay songs as "gold."

Apparently it's someone who likes all of Coldplay's songs. I think. :P

Thanks for the explanation guys!

Parachutes is my favourite album! To be honest, I was kinda disappointed with MX (however, there are some songs that I do like from that album).

ALL songs? And best music ever? Do they exist or is this a theoretic group? Loool

I've just discovered this thread.

I don't really want to put people into "categories" because each has his/ her own feeling and taste.

The songs which I like are from all era's but I don't like all of them. It really is dependent of my feeling of that moment. Is there any category for that type of Coldplayer? :)

I've just discovered this thread.

I don't really want to put people into "categories" because each has his/ her own feeling and taste.

The songs which I like are from all era's but I don't like all of them. It really is dependent of my feeling of that moment. Is there any category for that type of Coldplayer? :)

I think in the forum the thread for this is the Ultimate Coldplaying/Coldplayer thread, where all eras are included but no you don't need to like all songs. I was told today that the latter, liking ALL songs, is called Gold-player LOL

• Like 1

Okay so far we have Coldplayers, Oldplayers, Goldplayers, Silverplayers, Newplayers, Allplayers... WTF :laugh3:

If you're not sure where you belong, you can just call yourself a Coldplay FAN, you know.

I´d love that! But it seems to be an utopian world LOL

I agree with @Batman analysis at the opening post in this thread.

I must admit when I go into a fan forum of anything I expect the most enthusiastic bunch about the relevant artist/item/subject Im a fan about, so we can share and go all out in our fan geekiness! hehe But Im also not very experienced when it comes to forums, Ive only been a few...so I take notice of some who say you cant really find a place where everyone is just happy and posting about how something makes them happy hehe So yeah it is human nature I guess to always find something to criticise even in the things we supposedly love the most?

I must say personally I don't mind if someone posts something like "Dear God that Hymn for the Weekend is just so awful it hurts my ears!" LOL I mean to me thats perfectly fine (now granted, if the very large majority of people here hated the new album and I wanted to post to share my liking of the new album I probably would not find any meaning in posting at all hehe). What I don't think is fine is rudeness and judging a person for liking or not liking something.

I´ll confess something. I wish Oldplayers would say "You know? We´ve gone over the line quite a few times calling you names or telling you your music taste is moronic. We take responsibility , recognise that music tastes vary, say sorry and move on" And Newplayers saying "You know what? We really did not like seeing such heavy criticism of the band for the latter work, it rains on our parade and we just get pissed of hearing people being negative all the time, so we wanted you all to go away! We take responsibility, say sorry, recognise that different opinions can have an equal place here and move on". Or something along these lines....haha

*dreams on* *LOL*

• Like 1