✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplayers, Oldplayers, Newplayers 'n all that factious stuff

Batman

Just wondering, is there actually any person who would consider him/herself a Moldplayer ? For me, a Moldplayer is someone who thinks Coldplay's best music was in the pre-Parachutes Era (Safety, B&S, TBR). I personally love the pre-Parachutes songs but I like AROBTTH and X&Y more...well I was just curious if someone like that exists. Probably all Moldplayers have left the forum ages ago though :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, is there actually any person who would consider him/herself a Moldplayer ? For me, a Moldplayer is someone who thinks Coldplay's best music was in the pre-Parachutes Era (Safety, B&S, TBR). I personally love the pre-Parachutes songs but I like AROBTTH and X&Y more...well I was just curious if someone like that exists. Probably all Moldplayers have left the forum ages ago though :)

Haha these names are getting hilarious :D

I've never heard of that. But why would they leave the forum? They'd have a thread about it I guess. :) I'm sure there are at least some fans of the early early material here.

I've never heard of that. But why would they leave the forum? They'd have a thread about it I guess. :) I'm sure there are at least some fans of the early early material here.

Well, many people who were active in 2003 or earlier left eventually....you can still see there ghosts in the abandoned threads :)

For example, someone whose great love was quiet, intimate, low-key music like Parachutes will have been alienated even by the time X&Y and Viva came out

Well, many people who were active in 2003 or earlier left eventually....you can still see there ghosts in the abandoned threads :)

For example, someone whose great love was quiet, intimate, low-key music like Parachutes will have been alienated even by the time X&Y and Viva came out

Oh yea you'd think so. I would have lol But Oldolayers still gather to share their love of the early material so why not even earlier? :)

Not many people may be familiar with it though. I must admit I'm not :-/

Oh yea you'd think so. I would have lol But Oldolayers still gather to share their love of the early material so why not even earlier? :)

Not many people may be familiar with it though. I must admit I'm not :-/

Some people prognostize that Oldplayers in this forum may become less and less frequent in the years to come because the more the band moves in its current direction, the more Oldplayers will feel alienated and not feel this is the right place for them anymore. It has even been speculated that this may result in less fighting in the future... :)

Some people prognostize that Oldplayers in this forum may become less and less frequent in the years to come because the more the band moves in its current direction, the more Oldplayers will feel alienated and not feel this is the right place for them anymore. It has even been speculated that this may result in less fighting in the future... :)

Sure I can see the sense in this. (the former part you mentioned, not your latter comment you cheeky :P) It is harder to relate to a band if they keep moving away from the music you love, however I believe there will always exist a thread or more where people who love their early work gather and share love and frustration hehe And I think that thread belongs here :P (Hmm my not so veiled attempt in trying to keep you from leaving the forum LOL)

See @I ran away ? Oldplayers and Newplayers can like each other. We are an example of it! LOL (At least I do like you and enjoy our discussions, I assume/hope you do too :)

• Like 1

Sure I can see the sense in this. (the former part you mentioned, not your latter comment you cheeky :P) It is harder to relate to a band if they keep moving away from the music you love, however I believe there will always exist a thread or more where people who love their early work gather and share love and frustration hehe And I think that thread belongs here :P (Hmm my not so veiled attempt in trying to keep you from leaving the forum LOL)

See @I ran away ? Oldplayers and Newplayers can like each other. We are an example of it! LOL (At least I do like you and enjoy our discussions, I assume/hope you do too :)

LOL :D

I was not really thinking about leaving (yet), but I know others who do.... :(

Yeah, I enjoy the discussions with you ! We may frequntly disagree but your comments are never insulting or hurtful, and that's what a good discussion should be like ! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

LOL :D

I was not really thinking about leaving (yet), but I know others who do.... :(

Yeah, I enjoy the discussions with you ! We may frequntly disagree but your comments are never insulting or hurtful, and that's what a good discussion should be like ! :thumbsup:

Well I hope they don't. There have been heated exchanges in the past, but there is no reason we cant now all behave like respectful adults and find a way to co-exist. I mean....I´d miss the Oldplayers if they went *LOL* Ok there I confessed it haha I honestly think it would diminish the community as a whole and fracture it even more.

I cant speak for all "Newplayers" but Im fairly certain it all went south because initially some Oldplayers were offensive with their comments, accusing others of appalling musical taste, being rude, etc and then the backlash started. I hope that everyone who feels its a good idea to respect each other remain in the forum, because it´s a benefit to us all in the end. I mean the geeking out you guys do in the Oldplaying forum about all the details of the early albums haha I love it :) (Im secretly sneaking in once in a while hoping one day I will learn to love Parachutes LOL)

And yes you and I frequently disagree, but I enjoy it! *lol* Its constructive and good to have different points of view. It makes us all richer because of it.

And I wanna add I DO get it why some Oldplayers are so negative and frustrated and strong in their comments.

Im not saying anyone is "holier than thou" here. I cant speak for others, but I certainly am not! We are all humans and emotions can run high, both ways! But I think that it is imperative for us all to stop before we post and ask ourselves "how is what I'm gonna post gonna make someone else feel? How would I feel if someone said that to me?" Sometimes we are so caught up in how we feel that we forget that everything we post has an impact on the people who read it...Maybe just by using this little prevention, we might have a place where posts are constructive and not offensive.