✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Forums Changelog

stephen

HI [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER], I'm having a problem with the log in on desktop. Somehow it isn't accepting my password and i can't remember the email address I signed up with either o_O Right now I can only use CPING on mobile, where i was already logged in before the change.

Can you help ?

• Administrators

HI [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER], I'm having a problem with the log in on desktop. Somehow it isn't accepting my password and i can't remember the email address I signed up with either o_O Right now I can only use CPING on mobile, where i was already logged in before the change.

Can you help ?

I DM’d you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have noticed the redesign looks awkward too. It looks a little too big for my preference and there's no easy borders to differentiate between posts and buttons. The posting features aren't in a nice little line like they were before, they're all spread out and look confusing. As you mentioned I'm sure this is just a temporary bug with the core software.

EDIT: Okay, now this is strange. On this page it looks all messed up but on other pages it looks fine. My only complaint being that most people's messages look like they're in quotes but everything else looks really nice. Weird.....

My only complaint being that most people's messages look like they're in quotes

THIS, I was trying to figure out how to explain that too, haa.

And yeah, the same formatting bug as a few weeks ago is happening again, but its spotty. Its doing it in some threads and not others. I checked 5 threads and only one was 'normal', the others had the formatting issue. I cant try to figure out a pattern. I thought it was just thread I participated in maybe, but no.

• Like 2

I had the same thought !

By the way I can't see the pics in your signature anymore @jc90

I think a while ago, in the middle of some sort of forum upgrade my sig was lost. No matter, it wasn't much anyways. Last I remember, it was only the albums in order. I'll probably update it for LP8 :D but thanks for the heads up.

I think a while ago, in the middle of some sort of forum upgrade my sig was lost. No matter, it wasn't much anyways. Last I remember, it was only the albums in order. I'll probably update it for LP8 :D but thanks for the heads up.

Oh I see. Yeah, it was - now only the text line is left

And yeah, the same formatting bug as a few weeks ago is happening again, but its spotty. Its doing it in some threads and not others.

Yep, this thread is doing it

EDIT: Okay, now this is weird. Now it can be the same thread, but different pages that show different formatting. The formatting on https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplay-lyrics-game.107327/page-133 is broken, but a page later at https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplay-lyrics-game.107327/page-134 is fine. This isn't a "most recent page is the only one that's formatted correctly" issue because no matter what page you're on in this current thread it will be broken here, including the most recent page.

• Like 1

Hey Stephen and all,

Haven't been here for a while, and just want to say Thank You for this overall new layout, which looks great; so far, for me, it functions well.... but it is understandable that there might be some adjustments/fixing that need to be done now and then, till its gradual refinement :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER], I have a question or rather suggestion: For a while now when at the top of the Coldplaying site you see this big band picture from the GS Era where they all look rather...grim :D I wonder if it would be possible to maybe make it a gallery that changes picture every 30 seconds or so (maybe across different eras, since we are right now in a phase between eras...) or something ! Just an idea :p

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like the weird formatting issue is gone. Thanks!

That's also a good suggestion@I ran away. Given the kind of band Coldplay is now it doesn't seem the most fitting, but it still looks cool. And I agree with the transitioning pictures idea. :D

EDIT: On the main page however those big picture tiles aren't there and are replaced by just text which kind of throws me off and doesn't look as organized to me. Was this intentional or is this a bug?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Sorry for the delay but the issue with the formatting has been reported and the core developer is working hard on a fix. As for the cosmetic changes, I am extremely busy at the moment and will try to free up time to make the suggested changes.

Thank you all for your patience :heart:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I don't know if this has been reported already but I'm getting quite a lot of visual bugs on the site lately in threads. 50% of the time they look a little... Odd?

Screenshot_20191014-015517.thumb.jpg.36f310f3d10beb76020b52cf107cc25c.jpg

It happens on both computer and phone.

(Spoilers are automatically expanded, can't collapse them either. Images are too big. Refresh doesn't help)

Hey I don't know if this has been reported already but I'm getting quite a lot of visual bugs on the site lately in threads. 50% of the time they look a little... Odd?

[ATTACH=full]9288[/ATTACH]

It happens on both computer and phone.

(Spoilers are automatically expanded, can't collapse them either. Images are too big. Refresh doesn't help)

Ja Frank, it's a known issue.

I have the same bugs 50% of the time as well!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Also, I must explain the recent crashes. The servers hard drives filled up and of course, I wasn't going to delete anything from the forums or the archive so I have spent the past days trying to figure out what to delete. After extensive searches, I found that the servers logs had quickly been filling up, especially with all the traffic on the forums. Every interaction and visit you make to our site is logged and they quietly amounted to over 700GB over the years! They have been removed and there is much more space available now.

Crashes are now fixed! (hopefully lol)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1