✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Coldplay-Influenced Album "Your Love Means Everything", What do you think?

appleguyjoe

Okay. I'm using this forum, and this post to reveal an album I have been working on. I hope I'm posting it under the right category. If I'm not, please let me know and I will repost to where it should be posted. Anyways, the album is inspired by Coldplay, thus I felt it appropriate to share it here. In Coldplay terms, this album is meant as a combination of many of Coldplay's album styles (X&Y, Ghost Stories, Viva and A Head full of Dreams predominantly). The album is three parts and directly correlate to three events in my life, and probably most others.

The album is a "love, breakup, recovery and love again" album called Your Love Means Everything (Yes, I am aware that Coldplay has worked on a song of the same name, that song is inspiration for this album and is what it is about).

Lyrically, it is supposed to signify the deep feelings of the euphoria one gets in his/her first relationship, and the subsequent devastation after it ends. But, on a good note, love is found that is more down-to-earth, more natural, more obtainable and real. Essentially, it is a love album, but it isn't just about one person. It's about the past, respecting it and how the past has gotten you to the love you have now.

Here is the tracklist (with Coldplay songs as guides for how the song will generally sound. Again, more the approach I'm taking with them and not exactly how they will sound. I'm not looking to copy Coldplay (with one bold exception, as you'll see below)

1. Life (A spoken word poem similar to Kaleidoscope, but it is a poem I have written. Piano music I have written would accompany the speech)

2. Luna (This song is similar to Talk, with an airy synth and spacey guitar)

3. Walks (This one is stylistically similar to Square One, some synth, guitars and background keyboard)

4. Famous Old Painters (Yes, I have styled Coldplay's technically unreleased instrumental with lyrics)

5. The River (This one would be styled after Coldplay's song AROBTTH, especially the quieter parts of the song, this song features a male/female duet)

6. Going Mad (Very synthesized song with a piano interlude that Coldplay fans could relate to Midnight/YLME)

7. Galaxy (Don't Let Go) (This song is stylized after O(Fly On); it is a piano ballad, with some Viva-era guitars toward the end of Galaxy, Don't Let Go is a simplistic piano ballad, it doesn't feature synthesized voice like on O)

8. Don't Let Go (Part 2) (Don't Let Go piano melody, but with different lyrics)

9. See You Later (Not to be confused with See You Soon, this song is more stylistically similar to Everglow than See You Soon) (You can tell by now that I love the piano)

10. The River Flows On (Lyrically meant to be a "sequel" to The River, musically it is stylistically similar to I Wish I Was Here and crescendos at the end on a more positive note)

11. Summer Rains (Meant to be similar to Don't Panic, stylistically and in meaning)

12. Yet So Close (This song is meant to be stylistically similar to Up With The Birds, with the style of the first half of UWTB and the style of the second half switching, until finally the end of the song is like an enhanced even more euphoric second half of UWTB).

13. Falling Asleep On The Chair (I'm seeing this song as stylistically similar to the last minute and a half of How You See The World)

14. Heartbeat (More synth heavy than the previous songs (featuring a sort of heartbeat synth track, Birds-esque track, with less muted vocals than Birds) (Maybe like Lovers In Japan?)

15. Memories (Reign of Love-esque style, also more stylistically upbeat)

16. Shot For The Moon (Fun-esque style, but with more acoustics than in Fun)

17. I Love You (Amazing Day-esque sound, crescendoing into an Up&Up-esque ending)

Singles are:

Walks, Galaxy (Don't Let Go) and Shot For The Moon

There is a B-Side to Walks called Steps, Galaxy has a B-Side called Home, and Shot For The Moon has a B-Side called Reflection of the Stars.

In terms of the album art and style, outer space (the stars especially), and water are especially featured. I have attached a sample album art to the first page of the PDF that I will attach here. As Coldplay did with Ghost Stories, I have handwritten lyrics with doodles to accompany them. That is in the PDF.

I have been working on this project for the past few years, and I must admit it's not 100% complete but it's been a pleasure and I wanted to share this. I'll update this post when I have the actual songs completed as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12. Yet So Close (This song is meant to be stylistically similar to Up With The Birds, with the style of the first half of UWTB and the style of the second half switching, until finally the end of the song is like an enhanced even more euphoric second half of UWTB).

If you make this happen, and manage to make something that's even better than that masterpiece, then you are going to forever be my hero and your going to be a legend. And I just don't know.

It's like your describing how you're gonna paint the Mona Lisa . I suppose I can just be like "...alright? SHOW it otherwise this is all just talk :wacko:"

I'm not copying their songs, kinda just giving a...sketch of what the songs are like as compared to Coldplay songs. They certainly are inspired by them, but one must realize that I am not them nor am I an impersonator. I'm not Da Vinci either :P

• Like 1