1. 1. Coldplay or Chocolate?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
Healthy food needn't be tasteless! In 2012 I had to go full detox so I ate no grains at all, no sweets, no sodas, no salt and so on for about 2 years. The trick is to use your imagination! I used to and still make giant salads with all sorts of delicious stuff in it and my dinners are almost always protein + veggies with plenty of good spices, I also have healthy snacks like goat cheese (low calories) and fresh dates or a pear. Basically I wanted to say that it is possible to eat healthy and not suffer! hehe

So hope you find some combinations that suit you, so you can maintain a good diet all your life :D

p.s. I allow myself all sort of exceptions when Im abroad though hehe Like now with root beer, fries and whatnot haha But I dont really miss them when I come back to my usual diet again, because its not boring or plain tasting. I guess that is the trick in being able to stick to a good dietary plan :) (not to lose weight necessarily, though you undoubtedly will, but also just to keep yourself healthy and give your body the nutritions it needs to perform to the max) :)

When you say salad, do you mean lettuce and green leaves or just ALL veggies? I´ve heard some people being intolerant to some type of raw veggies.

Yeah habits can be hard to change, but you can console yourself in knowing that your body is biologically made to eat vegetables and fruits (and whatever else the earth offers), so you can do it! :) We are all different and I can only share my experience...but after a few months of not eating any more artificial stuff (especially the added salt everywhere and sugar), it was like my taste buds "reset" in a way. Before I always needed salt on my veggies to even make them taste of something, after that detox I could actually taste and appreciate nearly all veggies in their raw form. I also started to refuse sweets because my taste buds were like "no thanks too much sugar" so I naturally started eating more fruit (which I´d never done before btw...).

So yeah it IS possible! Dont give up :) Allow your body to go back to eating what was intended for it :) But it may take some time before it gets used to the "natural" tastes again.

Haha! You sound so much like me in these posts (like I am outside Coldplaying) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

On my menu this evening is "witloofrolletjes met hesp- en kaassaus en aardappelpuree".

According to Google in English = "endive with ham and cheese sauce and mashed potatoes"

Should look like this:

[ATTACH=full]3757[/ATTACH]

Typical Flemish winterfood :)

Hehe yeah I relate...danish food tends to be on the heavy side too. We kinda forget though that unlike our ancestors we are mostly always at a stable 21 C indoor temperature haha so not sure we still need all these carbs, but traditional food can be very tasty!

Flemish people are also called Burgundians.

We like to eat (good food).

I actually did a paper on a local danish island Bornholm last year and there is good reason to believe Burgundians emigrated from Scandinavia, from this very island whose name means "island of the Burgundians", then further to central Europe, France, etc. Very interesting subject! I can be a bit of a nerd about stuff like history haha

• Like 1

I actually did a paper on a local danish island Bornholm last year and there is good reason to believe Burgundians emigrated from Scandinavia, from this very island whose name means "island of the Burgundians", then further to central Europe, France, etc. Very interesting subject! I can be a bit of a nerd about stuff like history haha

Oh, so your ancestors are to blame for it.

I'm going to start cooking now because all these talking of food is getting me hungry. :)

• Like 1

Oh, so your ancestors are to blame for it.

I'm going to start cooking now because all these talking of food is getting me hungry. :)

That is precisely correct! hahaha I actually had one of those genealogy charts done on my family and we had quite a few Burgundians in France back when :)

Enjoy your cooking and your meal :drunk::chef: